|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "On the Cliff" – "High Concentration".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eugene Wigner and Leo Szilard find Albert Einstein in "Finding Einstein"?
(a) Peconic, New York.
(b) New Paltz, New York.
(c) New Brunswick, New Jersey.
(d) Princeton, New Jersey.
2. Where was Donald Hornig studying chemistry when he was offered a confidential job by his lab instructor?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) The University of California, Berkeley.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) The University of Chicago.
3. What date is described in the Prologue of Bomb?
(a) September 18, 1951.
(b) May 22, 1950.
(c) July 12, 1945.
(d) November 1, 1952.
4. How much did Robert Oppenheimer weigh when he underwent an army physical prior to being appointed to the Manhattan Project?
(a) 115 pounds.
(b) 128 pounds.
(c) 136 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
5. Why did Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt agree to combine their resources and work on atomic weapons in the United States?
(a) Because Britain was about to ally with Germany.
(b) Because Britain was under attack from German bombers.
(c) Because the United States had the advantage of top scientists.
(d) Because Britain was inundated with Soviet spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Franklin Roosevelt's family home?
2. Where did Harry Gold live when he was questioned by the FBI in the Prologue?
3. From where did Poulsson's team order skis and boots prior to their mission at the Vemork power plant?
4. Who were the FBI agents at Harry Gold's door in the Prologue to Bomb?
5. Where did Klaus Fuchs earn his PhD?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)