|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Pilot" – "Hiroshima".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Richard Feynman studying when he joined the Los Alamos project?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) The University of California, Berkeley.
2. Who informed Colonel Leslie Groves that he was selected for an important assignment in developing the atomic bomb?
(a) General Scott Miller.
(b) General Richard Brennan.
(c) General Brehon Somervell.
(d) General Lewis Strauss.
3. What was Moe Berg's profession prior to his work for the OSS in World War II?
(a) He was a professional basketball player.
(b) He was a psychiatrist.
(c) He was a professional football player.
(d) He was a professional baseball player.
4. How far did the British plane drop Poulsson's team from their intended drop target on the Vemork mission?
(a) 100 miles away.
(b) 45 miles away.
(c) 10 miles away.
(d) 65 miles away.
5. What was the site named where the plutonium bomb would be tested for the Manhattan Project?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Klaus Fuchs earn his PhD?
2. What was the name of Paul Tibbets flying team that he developed in late 1944?
3. Where was Paul Tibbets ordered to go to meet with Air Force General Uzal Ent in the summer of 1944?
4. Why did Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt agree to combine their resources and work on atomic weapons in the United States?
5. What official statement was released regarding the blast from the plutonium bomb test at Los Alamos?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)