|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Pilot" – "Hiroshima".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Samuel Goudsmit corner physicist Walther Bothe in February of 1945?
(a) Dresden, Germany.
(b) Heidelbrg, Germany.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Zurich, Switzerland.
2. What was the name of the estate in England where the German scientists were taken after the European war ended?
(a) Farm Hall.
(b) The Icehouse.
(c) Faulkner Hall.
(d) Werner House.
3. What was the name of Paul Tibbets flying team that he developed in late 1944?
(a) The 49th Air Brigade.
(b) The 219th Composite Group.
(c) The 509th Composite Group.
(d) The 109th Composite Group.
4. How did Haukelid injure himself during a training exercise before the special mission he was selected for, according to the author in "International Gangster School"?
(a) He shot himself in the arm.
(b) He almost drowned in a river.
(c) He shot himself in the foot.
(d) He broke his arm climbing a fence.
5. Who was Robert Oppenheimer's assistant leading the first meeting at the Los Alamos Ranch School?
(a) Jens Poulsson.
(b) Luis Alvarez.
(c) Robert Serber.
(d) Enrico Fermi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jens Poulsson when he was chosen as the leader of a special mission to attack the Vemork power plant?
2. Where was Knut Haukelid born?
3. Who was the leader of Hitler's bomb project during WWII?
4. Where was Harry Truman a senator in early 1944?
5. How many neutrons are contained in the nucleus of a normal hydrogen atom?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)