"Skinny Superhero" – "Enormoz"
• The Prologue, entitled “May 22, 1950,” describes a man named Harry Gold as he tried to destroy papers showing evidence of his crimes.
• A few minutes later, Federal Bureau of Investigations agents Scott Miller and Richard Brennan arrived and found some items, including a map of Santa Fe, New Mexico, with a spot by the Castillo Street Bridge marked with an X.
• Part 1: “Three-Way Race,” opens with a chapter titled “Skinny Superhero.”
• This “skinny” man was Robert Oppenheimer, a physicist at the top of his field and professor at Berkeley University in California.
• The narrator describes Oppenheimer’s childhood and education at Harvard followed by advanced degrees in Britain and Germany.
• When Oppenheimer saw the effect economics had on his students, he began to pay more attention to world events; he saw Adolf Hitler building up for a war and wanted to do something but didn't know...
This section contains 3,269 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)