|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lena do to the dog when Boesman wasn't looking?
2. What does the word "onnooslik" mean?
3. Who says, "We're the whiteman's rubbish. That's why he's so beneukt with us. He can't get rid of his rubbish"?
4. Who says, "Aaak sy bek oop"?
5. To whom does Lena say, "Why the hell you do it so soon? There's things I didn't tell you, man. And now this as well"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What emotions and frustrations lie behind Boesman's violence and abuse toward Lena? Cite where this explained in the text.
Essay Topic 2
What is the effect of producing a show such as Boesman and Lena in the United States, or other countries which no longer have a segregated society? Is there a purpose to reading and producing these works?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the word "identity." What characters search for their identity in Boesman and Lena? How?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)