|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lena call the dog?
2. To whom does Lena say, "Why the hell you do it so soon? There's things I didn't tell you, man. And now this as well"?
3. What happened to Lena's firewood?
4. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
5. Who says, "We're the whiteman's rubbish. That's why he's so beneukt with us. He can't get rid of his rubbish"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the primary themes of Boesman and Lena? What are some ways that Fugard expresses them? Use the definition of theme in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Boesman and Lena. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
What purpose does the character Outa serve to the action and plot of the play? How does he affect the other characters?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)