|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When you make a hole in your face the noise that comes out is as good as nothing, because nobody hears it"?
2. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
3. What does Lena take off the dead man and throw at Boesman?
4. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
5. Boesman says he and Lena crawled in and out of their lean-to like what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the word "freedom" and what it means in the context of Boesman and Lena. What term discussed in class would this word fall under?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the word "racism." What does this word mean to you? What does it mean in the play?
Essay Topic 3
How did Athol Fugard hope to use theater as a means to change the society in which he lived? Was he successful?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)