|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the play take place?
2. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
3. What does Lena say that Boesman left on the dead man?
4. Who says, "Can't we say goodbye? We'll have to do it one day. It's not for ever. Come on. Let's say it now. Goodbye!"?
5. Where is the farthest they've been, according to Lena?
Essay Topic 1
What are some motifs and symbols in Boesman and Lena? How does the author use these motifs to express the themes?
Essay Topic 2
How did Athol Fugard hope to use theater as a means to change the society in which he lived? Was he successful?
Essay Topic 3
What other playwrights influenced Athol Fugard in the writing of Boesman and Lena? What genre of theater was this style?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)