|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman do after Outa has passed away?
2. What does Boesman compare the people crawling out of "their holes" to?
3. When does the play take place?
4. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
5. What does Lena say Boesman will have between his toes at Veelplas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the word "racism." What does this word mean to you? What does it mean in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What emotions and frustrations lie behind Boesman's violence and abuse toward Lena? Cite where this explained in the text.
Essay Topic 3
How did Athol Fugard hope to use theater as a means to change the society in which he lived? Was he successful?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)