|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena tell Boesman that he will "know what it feels like"?
2. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
3. What does Lena take off the dead man and throw at Boesman?
4. Where is the farthest they've been, according to Lena?
5. What does Lena tell Boesman he'll be charged with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the word "freedom" and what it means in the context of Boesman and Lena. What term discussed in class would this word fall under?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different delineations of race and social status under South African apartheid. What classes had the most privilege? How were the individuals regulated?
Essay Topic 3
What is the effect of producing a show such as Boesman and Lena in the United States, or other countries which no longer have a segregated society? Is there a purpose to reading and producing these works?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)