|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
2. What does Lena say Boesman will have between his toes at Veelplas?
3. What does the phrase "En dit?" mean?
4. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
5. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Athol Fugard hope to use theater as a means to change the society in which he lived? Was he successful?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Boesman and Lena. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different delineations of race and social status under South African apartheid. What classes had the most privilege? How were the individuals regulated?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)