|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say that if they'd spent all this time looking for, it would have found them by now?
2. What does Boesman say the dead man is?
3. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
4. What does Lena say when Boesman asks, "Are you coming? It's the last time I ask you"?
5. What happened to Lena's firewood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Athol Fugard hope to use theater as a means to change the society in which he lived? Was he successful?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different delineations of race and social status under South African apartheid. What classes had the most privilege? How were the individuals regulated?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the changes in race relations in South Africa in the 1960s versus today. How have things changed? Is there still bigotry in this country?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)