|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grappie mean in English?
2. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
3. What does Lena ask Boesman to do instead of hitting her?
4. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
5. What did Lena do to the dog when Boesman wasn't looking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the South African system of apartheid affect the plot of Boesman and Lena?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the white men bulldoze Boesman and Lena's village? What happened to the people there?
Essay Topic 3
What are the primary themes of Boesman and Lena? What are some ways that Fugard expresses them? Use the definition of theme in your answer.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)