|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena tell Outa to think about after Boesman goes into the shelter?
2. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
3. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
4. What does Lena tell the dead man is still happening before his eyes?
5. What does the phrase, "Die geraas van 'n vervloekte lewe" mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What other playwrights influenced Athol Fugard in the writing of Boesman and Lena? What genre of theater was this style?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lena talk to herself? What are her fears and desires?
Essay Topic 3
How is the character Outa different than Boesman and Lena? How does his outward appearance affect his social standing?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)