|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Big yellow donner with its jawbone to the ground. One bite and there's a hole in the earth!"?
2. What did Lena do when the bulldozers came?
3. What is Boesman talking about when he says, "web wereld, kom brandewyn"?
4. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
5. What do people like Lena and Boesman do with the White Man's rubbish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the changes in race relations in South Africa in the 1960s versus today. How have things changed? Is there still bigotry in this country?
Essay Topic 2
How did Athol Fugard hope to use theater as a means to change the society in which he lived? Was he successful?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the word "freedom" and what it means in the context of Boesman and Lena. What term discussed in class would this word fall under?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)