|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boesman says he and Lena crawled in and out of their lean-to like what?
2. What is the one thing Boesman says he's looking for?
3. Who says, "There was something else in that fire. Us! Our sad stories, our smells, our world! And it burnt"?
4. Who says, "We're the whiteman's rubbish. That's why he's so beneukt with us. He can't get rid of his rubbish"?
5. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the primary themes of Boesman and Lena? What are some ways that Fugard expresses them? Use the definition of theme in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Boesman's treatment of Outa reflect the white man's treatment of him? Why does he act in the way he does?
Essay Topic 3
How does Boesman and Lena present "the future?" Is this a hopeful play or a nihilistic one? Why?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)