|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
2. Who says, "It was bioscope, man! And I watched it. Beginning to end, the way it happened. I saw it. Me"?
3. What does the phrase "pap ou borste, ribbetjies" mean?
4. Where does Boesman throw the bread in Act 2?
5. What is Boesman talking about when he says, "web wereld, kom brandewyn"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the climax of Boesman and Lena? Describe how the plot progresses in the play.
Essay Topic 2
What emotions and frustrations lie behind Boesman's violence and abuse toward Lena? Cite where this explained in the text.
Essay Topic 3
What are some motifs and symbols in Boesman and Lena? How does the author use these motifs to express the themes?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)