|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people like Lena and Boesman do with the White Man's rubbish?
2. What does Lena tell Boesman that he will "know what it feels like"?
3. What does Lena tell Boesman he'll be charged with?
4. What does Lena say Boesman should have done with their belongings this morning?
5. What does Lena plan on digging for tomorrow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Boesman and Lena present "the future?" Is this a hopeful play or a nihilistic one? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the word "freedom" and what it means in the context of Boesman and Lena. What term discussed in class would this word fall under?
Essay Topic 3
What other playwrights influenced Athol Fugard in the writing of Boesman and Lena? What genre of theater was this style?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)