Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
2. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
3. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
4. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
5. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
2. What does Lena hate about the night?
3. What does Lena say about the birds?
4. Why does Lena long for the days when Boesman worked for the Chinaman?
5. What leads to Lena's dancing once Boesman's gone inside the shanty?
6. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
7. Describe the character of Outa. Where do Lena and Boesman see him?
8. How does Lena feel about Boesman's sudden talkativeness in Act 2?
9. What did Lena ask the white family? What did they respond?
10. What does Boesman say about the scene in the morning?
What are the primary themes of Boesman and Lena? What are some ways that Fugard expresses them? Use the definition of theme in your answer.
How does the South African system of apartheid affect the plot of Boesman and Lena?
Describe the word "freedom" and what it means in the context of Boesman and Lena. What term discussed in class would this word fall under?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)