|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
2. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
3. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
4. What does Lena say that the tea is?
5. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Boesman laugh at the bulldozers this morning?
2. How does Lena convince Boesman to let Outa stay?
3. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
4. What does Boesman think about Outa?
5. What is the irony of Boesman's behavior toward Outa?
6. What does Boesman say about the scene in the morning?
7. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's treatment of Outa's body?
8. How does Boesman realize that Outa is dead?
9. What was Boesman happy about when the village was razed?
10. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's leaving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the word "identity." What characters search for their identity in Boesman and Lena? How?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the word "freedom" and what it means in the context of Boesman and Lena. What term discussed in class would this word fall under?
Essay Topic 3
Why did the white men bulldoze Boesman and Lena's village? What happened to the people there?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)