|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lena find when she went into the dark to find shelter materials?
2. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
3. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
4. What did Lena ask the white family if they needed?
5. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
2. Describe the character of Outa. Where do Lena and Boesman see him?
3. What is it that astounds Boesman and Lena about Outa's death?
4. Why did Boesman laugh at the bulldozers this morning?
5. What does Lena say about the birds?
6. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with Outa?
7. What was Boesman happy about when the village was razed?
8. How does Lena initially react to Boesman's truth about the bottles?
9. When Boesman returns from gathering shelter, what does he suspect Lena's been doing? Why?
10. Describe Boesman's appearance. What is he wearing? How old does he appear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Boesman and Lena. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
What are the primary themes of Boesman and Lena? What are some ways that Fugard expresses them? Use the definition of theme in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the effect of producing a show such as Boesman and Lena in the United States, or other countries which no longer have a segregated society? Is there a purpose to reading and producing these works?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)