|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
2. What does Lena meet the memory of on the old roads?
3. Where does Lena tell Outa they've come from?
4. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
5. Which character carries a mattress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Outa. Where do Lena and Boesman see him?
2. How does Boesman realize that Outa is dead?
3. How does Boesman appear as he leaves the camp? How does Boesman's physical demeanor reflect his internal turmoil?
4. What does Boesman do as Lena's working out their past route? Why?
5. How does Lena feel about Boesman's sudden talkativeness in Act 2?
6. Describe Boesman's appearance. What is he wearing? How old does he appear?
7. What does Boesman tell Lena as they leave?
8. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's treatment of Outa's body?
9. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
10. How does Outa communicate with Boesman and Lena?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the climax of Boesman and Lena? Describe how the plot progresses in the play.
Essay Topic 2
What emotions and frustrations lie behind Boesman's violence and abuse toward Lena? Cite where this explained in the text.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different delineations of race and social status under South African apartheid. What classes had the most privilege? How were the individuals regulated?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)