|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What followed Lena all the way back to Korsten?
2. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
3. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
4. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
5. What does "kaalgat" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the tables turned between Boesman and Lena after Outa's death?
2. What is Boesman doing at the beginning of Act 2? Why?
3. What did Boesman do to Lena earlier in the day?
4. Why does Boesman not assist Lena in taking care of Outa's body?
5. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
6. What does Boesman admit in Act 2 to Lena?
7. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
8. What makes Lena change her mind about leaving with Boesman?
9. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with Outa?
10. What does Lena associate Boesman's predicament after Outa's death with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the word "racism." What does this word mean to you? What does it mean in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the word "freedom" and what it means in the context of Boesman and Lena. What term discussed in class would this word fall under?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different delineations of race and social status under South African apartheid. What classes had the most privilege? How were the individuals regulated?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)