|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
2. What does Lena carry under her arm?
3. Lena says, "When I want to cry, you want to" what?
4. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
5. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boesman believe that he admitted his fault earlier in the day?
2. What does Boesman tell Lena regarding the past?
3. What does Boesman do to the body when Lena goads him to anger?
4. What is the irony of Boesman's tirade at the camp before he leaves?
5. What are some of the places Boesman and Lena have traveled? Why?
6. What is Boesman doing at the beginning of Act 2? Why?
7. Why does Lena talk so much?
8. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning? Why did he stop?
9. What does Boesman figure out about who they are in relation to the white man?
10. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lena talk to herself? What are her fears and desires?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the word "racism." What does this word mean to you? What does it mean in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the word "freedom" and what it means in the context of Boesman and Lena. What term discussed in class would this word fall under?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)