|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
2. What did Lena find when she went into the dark to find shelter materials?
3. Which character appears first in Act 1?
4. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
5. What followed Lena all the way back to Korsten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Boesman wanted to tell Lena that morning?
2. Why did Boesman laugh at the bulldozers this morning?
3. When Boesman returns from gathering shelter, what does he suspect Lena's been doing? Why?
4. How does Outa communicate with Boesman and Lena?
5. How does Boesman appear as he leaves the camp? How does Boesman's physical demeanor reflect his internal turmoil?
6. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
7. What is the irony of Boesman's behavior toward Outa?
8. What does Lena hate about the night?
9. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
10. What would Lena do if her name were Mary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the word "racism." What does this word mean to you? What does it mean in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does the character Outa serve to the action and plot of the play? How does he affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters Boesman and Lena. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)