|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "skof" mean?
2. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
3. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
4. What does Lena show to Outa?
5. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boesman realize that Outa is dead?
2. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
3. What is it that astounds Boesman and Lena about Outa's death?
4. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's treatment of Outa's body?
5. What are some of the places Boesman and Lena have traveled? Why?
6. What does Lena say about Boesman's search for Freedom?
7. How does Boesman appear as he leaves the camp? How does Boesman's physical demeanor reflect his internal turmoil?
8. What is Lena carrying when she enters? How does she carry it?
9. Describe the character of Outa. Where do Lena and Boesman see him?
10. How does Lena feel about Boesman's sudden talkativeness in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the effect of producing a show such as Boesman and Lena in the United States, or other countries which no longer have a segregated society? Is there a purpose to reading and producing these works?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Boesman and Lena. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
What emotions and frustrations lie behind Boesman's violence and abuse toward Lena? Cite where this explained in the text.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)