|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "kaalgat" mean?
2. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
3. How does Lena carry her belongings?
4. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
5. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
2. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's leaving?
3. Why does Lena want Outa to stay?
4. What does Boesman do to the body when Lena goads him to anger?
5. How does Outa communicate with Boesman and Lena?
6. What has Lena been looking for all morning? Why?
7. What does Boesman say about the scene in the morning?
8. What did Lena ask the white family? What did they respond?
9. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
10. What makes Lena change her mind about leaving with Boesman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the South African system of apartheid affect the plot of Boesman and Lena?
Essay Topic 2
How did Athol Fugard hope to use theater as a means to change the society in which he lived? Was he successful?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lena talk to herself? What are her fears and desires?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)