|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
2. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
3. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
4. What does Lena clean from her toes?
5. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Boesman doing at the beginning of Act 2? Why?
2. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
3. How does Boesman appear as he leaves the camp? How does Boesman's physical demeanor reflect his internal turmoil?
4. Why does Lena want to know where they've traveled?
5. What has Lena been looking for all morning? Why?
6. What does Boesman say that the police do when Lena tries to stop him from beating her?
7. Why did Boesman laugh at the bulldozers this morning?
8. What was Boesman happy about when the village was razed?
9. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
10. How does Lena convince Boesman to let Outa stay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the changes in race relations in South Africa in the 1960s versus today. How have things changed? Is there still bigotry in this country?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lena talk to herself? What are her fears and desires?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the word "freedom" and what it means in the context of Boesman and Lena. What term discussed in class would this word fall under?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)