|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
2. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
3. What does Boesman do with his bread?
4. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
5. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
2. What does Lena do when Boesman begins to pack up the belongings to leave?
3. What does Boesman think about Outa?
4. What does Boesman say that the police do when Lena tries to stop him from beating her?
5. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
6. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
7. What does Lena ask to drink from Boesman? What word is this in Afrikaan? In English?
8. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with Outa?
9. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning? Why did he stop?
10. What is the irony of Boesman's behavior toward Outa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Boesman and Lena. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
What is the climax of Boesman and Lena? Describe how the plot progresses in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lena talk to herself? What are her fears and desires?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)