|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the phrase "En dit?" mean?
(a) And that?
(b) Where's the rain?
(c) Who are you?
(d) Is it late?
2. What does the word "onnooslik" mean?
3. Who says, "We're the whiteman's rubbish. That's why he's so beneukt with us. He can't get rid of his rubbish"?
4. What does Boesman do after Outa has passed away?
(a) Leaves the shanty.
(b) Digs a grave.
(c) Calls for help.
(d) Goes into the shelter.
5. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
(a) That he dropped them.
(b) The the dog knocked them over.
(c) That she was wrong to drop them.
(d) That they were worth nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say they did for all the holidays?
2. What is Lena referring to when she says, "So that's how you do it. I know what it feels like. Now I know what it looks like"?
3. Who says, "You must make the words crawl to him, with your tongue between their back legs"?
4. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
5. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)