|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say that if they'd spent all this time looking for, it would have found them by now?
2. Why does Lena say that Boesman admitted his wrong?
(a) To hurt her again.
(b) To make her laugh.
(c) To make her send Outa away.
(d) To ask for forgiveness.
3. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
(a) Killing Outa.
(b) Killing her dog.
(c) Telling her he hated her.
(d) Telling her he was to blame for dropping the bottles.
4. What happens to Outa?
(a) He laughs and dances.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He dies.
(d) He leaves.
5. What does the phrase "En dit?" mean?
(a) And that?
(b) Where's the rain?
(c) Who are you?
(d) Is it late?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Outa" mean?
2. Who says, "Aaak sy bek oop"?
3. Who says, "Can't we say goodbye? We'll have to do it one day. It's not for ever. Come on. Let's say it now. Goodbye!"?
4. What happened to Lena's firewood?
5. What does Lena plan on digging for tomorrow?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)