|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena mean when she says "Vuka!" to Outa?
(a) I'll beat you!
(b) Go away!
(c) Stop snoring!
(d) Wake up!
2. Who says, "There was something else in that fire. Us! Our sad stories, our smells, our world! And it burnt"?
3. What does "baas" mean?
4. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
(a) To steal money.
(b) To steal food.
(c) To stop crying.
(d) To hit her.
5. What is Boesman talking about when he says, "web wereld, kom brandewyn"?
(a) The door.
(c) The shanty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the translation of "Al weer sukke tyd"?
2. What does Lena say God could do with the past day?
3. To whom does Lena say, "Why the hell you do it so soon? There's things I didn't tell you, man. And now this as well"?
4. Where did the child die?
5. What does Lena say Boesman should have done with their belongings this morning?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)