|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman do after Outa has passed away?
(a) Leaves the shanty.
(b) Goes into the shelter.
(c) Digs a grave.
(d) Calls for help.
2. To whom does Lena say, "Why the hell you do it so soon? There's things I didn't tell you, man. And now this as well"?
3. What did Lena call the dog?
4. What does Boesman pass to Lena when she walks back to him?
(a) The mattress.
(b) The blanket.
(c) The bucket.
(d) The wood.
5. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
(a) All yesterdays.
(b) All the regrets.
(c) All tomorrows.
(d) All the Happies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the phrase "pap ou borste, ribbetjies" mean?
2. What does Lena wear?
3. Who says, "You must make the words crawl to him, with your tongue between their back legs"?
4. What does Lena say that if they'd spent all this time looking for, it would have found them by now?
5. What does "vark" mean?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)