Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
2. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
3. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
4. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) The Chinese man.
(b) A Zulu.
(c) A Korsten.
(d) A Boer.
5. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
2. Which character appears first in Act 1?
3. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
4. How long did Lena's child live?
5. What is "Jou moer!"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
2. What does Lena hate about the night?
3. What does Lena say about the birds?
4. Why does Lena long for the days when Boesman worked for the Chinaman?
5. What leads to Lena's dancing once Boesman's gone inside the shanty?
6. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
7. Describe the character of Outa. Where do Lena and Boesman see him?
8. How does Lena feel about Boesman's sudden talkativeness in Act 2?
9. What did Lena ask the white family? What did they respond?
10. What does Boesman say about the scene in the morning?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)