|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman complain that Lena does?
(a) Is silent.
(b) Laughs constantly.
(c) Talks constantly.
(d) Cries constantly.
2. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On his head.
(b) On his back.
(c) On a wagon.
(d) On his shoulders.
3. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
4. What is "soeterigheid"?
5. Where does Lena tell Outa they've come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena clean from her toes?
2. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
3. What is the translation for "dop"?
4. What does Lena give to Outa after he sits?
5. What language does Outa speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lena want to know where they've traveled?
2. What does Lena say about Boesman's search for Freedom?
3. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
4. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's treatment of Outa's body?
5. What is the sense of hope at the end of the play? What is the sense of hopelessness?
6. How does Lena convince Boesman to let Outa stay?
7. Describe the relationship between Boesman and Lena.
8. What does Lena hate about the night?
9. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
10. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)