|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
(a) The order of where they've been.
(b) Why the fire won't start.
(c) Why Boesman is so kind to her.
(d) Where her dog has gone.
2. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Load up and walk somewhere else.
(b) Hang herself.
(c) Drown herself.
(d) Find a man who loves her.
3. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
4. What is the translation for "dog" in Africaan?
5. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) An endearment.
(b) An obscenity.
(c) A pleasant greeting.
(d) A sound of relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shoes are Lena and Boesman wearing?
2. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
3. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
4. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
5. What does Lena give to Outa after he sits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boesman realize that Outa is dead?
2. What does Lena say about the birds?
3. What is Boesman's primary complaint against Lena? Why?
4. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
5. Why does Lena want Outa to stay?
6. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
7. What does Boesman say about the scene in the morning?
8. What are some of the places Boesman and Lena have traveled? Why?
9. Describe Boesman's appearance. What is he wearing? How old does he appear?
10. What did Lena ask the white family? What did they respond?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)