|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
(a) To stay.
(b) To go.
(c) To cook.
(d) To buy wine.
2. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
3. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
4. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Gives him wine.
(c) Shoves him off his seat.
(d) Gives him water.
5. What shoes are Lena and Boesman wearing?
(d) Worn-out loafers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
2. What language to Boesman and Lena speak?
3. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
4. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
5. Who says, "It won't last long, but it's big enough. Not much to see. This is all. This is mine"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
2. What was Boesman happy about when the village was razed?
3. What does Lena associate Boesman's predicament after Outa's death with?
4. Why does Lena talk so much?
5. What does Boesman admit in Act 2 to Lena?
6. What does Lena say about Boesman's search for Freedom?
7. How does Boesman react to Lena's plan to sleep in the shanty?
8. Describe the character of Outa. Where do Lena and Boesman see him?
9. Why does Lena want Outa to stay?
10. What does Boesman tell Lena as they leave?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)