|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
(a) I need a rest.
(b) I walked long yesterday.
(c) Where does it hurt?
(d) What are you doing tomorrow?
2. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
(a) To go.
(b) To cook.
(c) To stay.
(d) To buy wine.
3. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
(a) They tried to hang Boesman.
(b) They didn't care.
(c) They arrested Boesman.
(d) They took her away.
4. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The bats.
(c) The birds.
(d) The rainbow.
5. Who says, "You don't like it when somebody else laughs. Well, you laughed at me for nothing"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena carry under her arm?
2. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning?
3. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
4. What does Lena show to Outa?
5. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Boesman and Lena left their home?
2. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
3. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
4. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
5. What would Lena do if her name were Mary?
6. How does Lena feel about Boesman's sudden talkativeness in Act 2?
7. Why does Lena talk so much?
8. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
9. Why did Boesman laugh at the bulldozers this morning?
10. What does Boesman admit in Act 2 to Lena?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)