|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Borrowed their clothes.
(c) Burned down the house.
(d) Gone with them.
2. What did Lena find when she went into the dark to find shelter materials?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A few bottles.
(c) A piece of iron.
(d) A few pieces of wood.
3. How old are Lena and Boesman?
4. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
5. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Boer.
(b) The Chinese man.
(c) A Zulu.
(d) A Korsten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Outa speak?
2. What is a pondok?
3. Which character carries a mattress?
4. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
5. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Lena do if her name were Mary?
2. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
3. What does Lena do when Boesman begins to pack up the belongings to leave?
4. How have the tables turned between Boesman and Lena after Outa's death?
5. What are some of the places Boesman and Lena have traveled? Why?
6. What does Boesman say about the scene in the morning?
7. What is the irony of Boesman's behavior toward Outa?
8. What does Lena hate about the night?
9. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning? Why did he stop?
10. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with Outa?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)