|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
2. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
(a) Another roadside attraction.
(b) Another homeless man.
(c) A way home.
(d) Another rotten house for rotten people.
3. How much were the bottles worth that were broken?
4. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
(a) He will fall apart.
(b) He'll be shot.
(c) He'll be hanged.
(d) She'll find another man.
5. Lena says, "When I want to cry, you want to" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
2. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
3. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
4. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
5. What does "kaalgat" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lena hate about the night?
2. What are some of the places Boesman and Lena have traveled? Why?
3. What does Lena say about Boesman's search for Freedom?
4. Why does Lena long for the days when Boesman worked for the Chinaman?
5. How does Boesman appear as he leaves the camp? How does Boesman's physical demeanor reflect his internal turmoil?
6. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
7. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
8. How have the tables turned between Boesman and Lena after Outa's death?
9. Why did Boesman laugh at the bulldozers this morning?
10. Why does Lena want to know where they've traveled?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)