|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena meet the memory of on the old roads?
(b) The dog.
2. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
(a) Her bottles.
(b) Her bruises.
(c) Her scabs.
(d) Her fleas.
3. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
4. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Borrowed their clothes.
(b) Gone with them.
(c) Burned down the house.
(d) Killed them.
5. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
2. Who says, "You don't like it when somebody else laughs. Well, you laughed at me for nothing"?
3. What name does Lena want to have?
4. What does Lena share with Outa?
5. Lena says, "When I want to cry, you want to" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Boesman's behavior toward Outa?
2. What is Boesman doing at the beginning of Act 2? Why?
3. What was Boesman happy about when the village was razed?
4. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
5. Why does Boesman not assist Lena in taking care of Outa's body?
6. What does Boesman say about the scene in the morning?
7. How does Lena convince Boesman to let Outa stay?
8. Why does Lena want Outa to stay?
9. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
10. What does Boesman do to the body when Lena goads him to anger?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)