|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
(a) The wine bottles.
(b) The water bottles.
(c) The fire.
(d) The sky.
2. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
3. What is "soeterigheid"?
4. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
(a) Boesman's back.
(b) The sky.
(c) The children.
(d) The churches.
5. What is "Swartkops?"
(a) A building.
(b) A person.
(c) A river.
(d) A gem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
2. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
3. What does Boesman do with his bread?
4. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
5. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Outa communicate with Boesman and Lena?
2. Describe the relationship between Boesman and Lena.
3. What does Boesman do as Lena's working out their past route? Why?
4. What does Lena associate Boesman's predicament after Outa's death with?
5. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's leaving?
6. What is the irony of Boesman's behavior toward Outa?
7. What are some of the places Boesman and Lena have traveled? Why?
8. Why does Boesman not assist Lena in taking care of Outa's body?
9. Why does Lena talk so much?
10. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with Outa?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)