|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman say that Outa will do?
(a) Bring the others.
(c) Kill them in the night.
(d) Steal their money.
2. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her cat.
3. What does Boesman do with his bread?
(a) Throws it at the old man.
(b) Leaves it untouched.
(c) Gobbles it down.
(d) Nibbles it slowly.
4. What shoes are Lena and Boesman wearing?
(d) Worn-out loafers.
5. What language does Outa speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
2. Which character carries a mattress?
3. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
4. Lena says, "When I want to cry, you want to" what?
5. What is the translation for "dog" in Africaan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boesman not assist Lena in taking care of Outa's body?
2. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
3. What leads to Lena's dancing once Boesman's gone inside the shanty?
4. How does Lena feel about Boesman's sudden talkativeness in Act 2?
5. What does Boesman think about Outa?
6. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
7. Describe the relationship between Boesman and Lena.
8. What does Lena ask to drink from Boesman? What word is this in Afrikaan? In English?
9. What is Boesman's primary complaint against Lena? Why?
10. How does Lena convince Boesman to let Outa stay?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)