|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
2. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
(a) A piece of currugated iron.
(b) Cooking utensils.
(c) A mattress.
(d) A blanket.
3. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Zulu.
(b) A Boer.
(c) The Chinese man.
(d) A Korsten.
4. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On his shoulders.
(b) On his head.
(c) On a wagon.
(d) On his back.
5. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
(a) Another homeless man.
(b) A way home.
(c) Another roadside attraction.
(d) Another rotten house for rotten people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena give to Outa after he sits?
2. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
3. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
4. What does "Babalas" mean?
5. What does Lena say that the tea is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lena want Outa to stay?
2. What did Boesman do to Lena earlier in the day?
3. What is Lena carrying when she enters? How does she carry it?
4. What does Lena associate Boesman's predicament after Outa's death with?
5. What does Lena hate about the night?
6. Why does Boesman not assist Lena in taking care of Outa's body?
7. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning? Why did he stop?
8. Why have Boesman and Lena left their home?
9. What does Lena say about the birds?
10. What does Boesman admit in Act 2 to Lena?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)