|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman say that Outa will do?
(a) Kill them in the night.
(c) Steal their money.
(d) Bring the others.
2. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning?
(a) For chasing the dog.
(b) For walking too slow.
(c) For dropping bottles.
(d) For dropping biscuits.
3. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) An endearment.
(b) A pleasant greeting.
(c) An obscenity.
(d) A sound of relief.
4. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
(c) Prickly pears.
5. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
(a) A washcloth.
(c) A dog.
(d) A dop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shoes are Lena and Boesman wearing?
2. Who goes into the shelter at the end of Act 1?
3. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
4. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
5. What does "oppas" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boesman react to Lena's plan to sleep in the shanty?
2. How does Lena convince Boesman to let Outa stay?
3. What did Boesman do to Lena earlier in the day?
4. Why does Lena long for the days when Boesman worked for the Chinaman?
5. Why does Lena want Outa to stay?
6. What is Boesman's primary complaint against Lena? Why?
7. How does Outa communicate with Boesman and Lena?
8. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning? Why did he stop?
9. What is Boesman doing at the beginning of Act 2? Why?
10. What is it that astounds Boesman and Lena about Outa's death?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)