|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Lena's child live?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
2. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Korsten.
(b) A Boer.
(c) The Chinese man.
(d) A Zulu.
3. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
(b) Prickly pears.
4. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
(a) Sings and dances.
(b) Builds the shelter.
(c) Cooks prawns.
(d) Washes clothes.
5. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Burned down the house.
(c) Gone with them.
(d) Borrowed their clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena clean from her toes?
2. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
3. How much were the bottles worth that were broken?
4. What does Boesman do with his bread?
5. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boesman say that the police do when Lena tries to stop him from beating her?
2. What did Lena ask the white family? What did they respond?
3. What is Boesman doing at the beginning of Act 2? Why?
4. What would Lena do if her name were Mary?
5. What does Boesman do to the body when Lena goads him to anger?
6. What does Lena associate Boesman's predicament after Outa's death with?
7. What leads to Lena's dancing once Boesman's gone inside the shanty?
8. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
9. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's leaving?
10. How does Boesman appear as he leaves the camp? How does Boesman's physical demeanor reflect his internal turmoil?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)