|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Lena's child live?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
2. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
(a) Uses it for the fire.
(b) Builds a lean-to.
(c) Makes a trap with it.
(d) Hits Lena.
3. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
(a) Too slow.
4. What shoes are Lena and Boesman wearing?
(d) Worn-out loafers.
5. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
(a) Pap nat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What followed Lena all the way back to Korsten?
2. What is "soeterigheid"?
3. Where does Lena tell Outa they've come from?
4. What does Lena meet the memory of on the old roads?
5. What does "donnered" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
2. When Boesman returns from gathering shelter, what does he suspect Lena's been doing? Why?
3. Why does Lena talk so much?
4. What does Boesman tell Lena as they leave?
5. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
6. Describe the character of Outa. Where do Lena and Boesman see him?
7. Why does Boesman believe that he admitted his fault earlier in the day?
8. Why does Boesman not assist Lena in taking care of Outa's body?
9. What is it that astounds Boesman and Lena about Outa's death?
10. What does Lena say about Boesman's search for Freedom?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)