|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Lena and Boesman?
2. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
3. What does Boesman do with his bread?
(a) Throws it at the old man.
(b) Leaves it untouched.
(c) Nibbles it slowly.
(d) Gobbles it down.
4. Which character carries a mattress?
5. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Jou moer!"?
2. What did the Boer have on the farm?
3. What does "Babalas" mean?
4. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
5. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lena long for the days when Boesman worked for the Chinaman?
2. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with Outa?
3. Why does Boesman believe that he admitted his fault earlier in the day?
4. Why does Lena want Outa to stay?
5. How does Lena initially react to Boesman's truth about the bottles?
6. What had Boesman wanted to tell Lena that morning?
7. How does Boesman react to Lena's plan to sleep in the shanty?
8. What does Lena say about Boesman's search for Freedom?
9. What does Boesman do as Lena's working out their past route? Why?
10. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's leaving?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)