|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
2. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
(a) Her bottles.
(b) Her bruises.
(c) Her fleas.
(d) Her scabs.
3. What is the translation for "dop"?
(b) Drink (of liquor).
4. What does Lena meet the memory of on the old roads?
(b) The dog.
5. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On his shoulders.
(b) On a wagon.
(c) On his back.
(d) On his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
2. What language does Outa speak?
3. How much were the bottles worth that were broken?
4. What is a pondok?
5. What does "kaalgat" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lena say about the birds?
2. What are some of the places Boesman and Lena have traveled? Why?
3. What is Lena carrying when she enters? How does she carry it?
4. What did Boesman do to Lena earlier in the day?
5. Why does Lena talk so much?
6. What does Boesman tell Lena as they leave?
7. How does Boesman react to Lena's plan to sleep in the shanty?
8. How does Outa communicate with Boesman and Lena?
9. How does Lena initially react to Boesman's truth about the bottles?
10. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)