|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
(a) A washcloth.
(b) A dog.
(c) A dop.
2. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Boer.
(b) The Chinese man.
(c) A Zulu.
(d) A Korsten.
3. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
(b) Prickly pears.
4. How does Lena carry her belongings?
(a) On her shoulders.
(b) On a wagon.
(c) On her head.
(d) On her back.
5. What did Lena find when she went into the dark to find shelter materials?
(a) A few bottles.
(b) A few pieces of wood.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A piece of iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language to Boesman and Lena speak?
2. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
3. What does "kaalgat" mean?
4. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
5. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
2. What is the sense of hope at the end of the play? What is the sense of hopelessness?
3. What does Lena say about the birds?
4. How have the tables turned between Boesman and Lena after Outa's death?
5. What does Boesman figure out about who they are in relation to the white man?
6. What does Lena say about Boesman's search for Freedom?
7. What had Boesman wanted to tell Lena that morning?
8. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with Outa?
9. Describe the relationship between Boesman and Lena.
10. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)