|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On a wagon.
(b) On his shoulders.
(c) On his back.
(d) On his head.
2. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
(a) Asking questions.
(b) Saluting the soldier.
(c) Not remembering the route.
(d) Making dinner.
3. What language does Outa speak?
4. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
(a) Gives him wine.
(b) Gives him water.
(c) Shoves him off his seat.
(d) Hugs him.
5. What is "soeterigheid"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
2. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
3. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
4. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
5. What is "Swartkops?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lena feel about Boesman's sudden talkativeness in Act 2?
2. Why does Boesman believe that he admitted his fault earlier in the day?
3. Why did Boesman laugh at the bulldozers this morning?
4. What was Boesman happy about when the village was razed?
5. What is Boesman doing at the beginning of Act 2? Why?
6. What has Lena been looking for all morning? Why?
7. What is the irony of Boesman's tirade at the camp before he leaves?
8. How does Lena initially react to Boesman's truth about the bottles?
9. What leads to Lena's dancing once Boesman's gone inside the shanty?
10. Why does Boesman not assist Lena in taking care of Outa's body?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)