|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's broken.
(b) It's strong.
(c) It's cowardly.
(d) It's empty.
2. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
(a) Bulldozed it.
(b) Flooded it.
(c) Looted it.
(d) Raided it.
3. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
(a) He'll be shot.
(b) She'll find another man.
(c) He will fall apart.
(d) He'll be hanged.
4. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
(a) Washes clothes.
(b) Cooks prawns.
(c) Sings and dances.
(d) Builds the shelter.
5. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The birds.
(b) The sky.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The bats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
2. What does Lena say that the tea is?
3. What does "Babalas" mean?
4. What does Lena clean from her toes?
5. Lena says, "When I want to cry, you want to" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
2. Why does Lena want to know where they've traveled?
3. What makes Lena change her mind about leaving with Boesman?
4. How does Boesman realize that Outa is dead?
5. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
6. What does Boesman think about Outa?
7. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's treatment of Outa's body?
8. What had Boesman wanted to tell Lena that morning?
9. What is the sense of hope at the end of the play? What is the sense of hopelessness?
10. Why have Boesman and Lena left their home?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)