|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
(a) The sky.
(b) The churches.
(c) Boesman's back.
(d) The children.
2. Lena says, "When I want to cry, you want to" what?
3. What language to Boesman and Lena speak?
4. What does "Babalas" mean?
(b) Drunken stupor.
(d) Hysterical laughter.
5. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
2. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
3. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
4. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
5. What is a pondok?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Boesman laugh at the bulldozers this morning?
2. What is Boesman's primary complaint against Lena? Why?
3. What does Lena say about the birds?
4. What does Boesman say about the scene in the morning?
5. What does Lena say about Boesman's search for Freedom?
6. What is the irony of Boesman's tirade at the camp before he leaves?
7. What leads to Lena's dancing once Boesman's gone inside the shanty?
8. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
9. How does Lena feel about Boesman's sudden talkativeness in Act 2?
10. What does Boesman do as Lena's working out their past route? Why?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)