|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say that the tea is?
(c) Bitter and brown.
(d) Sweet and warm.
2. What language does Outa speak?
3. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
(a) The fire.
(b) The wine bottles.
(c) The sky.
(d) The water bottles.
4. How does Lena carry her belongings?
(a) On a wagon.
(b) On her back.
(c) On her shoulders.
(d) On her head.
5. What is "soeterigheid"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
2. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
3. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
4. What name does Lena want to have?
5. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
2. Why have Boesman and Lena left their home?
3. Describe the character of Outa. Where do Lena and Boesman see him?
4. What does Boesman seem to enjoy in Lena's behavior? How do we know?
5. What is it that astounds Boesman and Lena about Outa's death?
6. Why does Boesman believe that he admitted his fault earlier in the day?
7. How does Boesman appear as he leaves the camp? How does Boesman's physical demeanor reflect his internal turmoil?
8. Why does Boesman not assist Lena in taking care of Outa's body?
9. What did Lena ask the white family? What did they respond?
10. What is Lena's reaction to Boesman's treatment of Outa's body?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)