|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lena carry her belongings?
(a) On a wagon.
(b) On her back.
(c) On her shoulders.
(d) On her head.
2. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
3. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
(a) Cooking utensils.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A mattress.
(d) A piece of currugated iron.
4. How old are Lena and Boesman?
5. What did the Boer have on the farm?
(a) A knife.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
2. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
3. How long did Lena's child live?
4. What does Lena share with Outa?
5. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Boesman's appearance. What is he wearing? How old does he appear?
2. Why have Boesman and Lena left their home?
3. What does Lena say about the birds?
4. Why does Boesman not assist Lena in taking care of Outa's body?
5. What is the irony of Boesman's behavior toward Outa?
6. How does Lena convince Boesman to let Outa stay?
7. What does Lena hate about the night?
8. What are some of the places Boesman and Lena have traveled? Why?
9. What is Boesman's primary complaint against Lena? Why?
10. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)