|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Hang herself.
(b) Find a man who loves her.
(c) Drown herself.
(d) Load up and walk somewhere else.
2. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
(a) He'll be hanged.
(b) She'll find another man.
(c) He will fall apart.
(d) He'll be shot.
3. Which character appears first in Act 1?
4. What language does Outa speak?
5. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
(b) Pap nat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
2. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
3. What does Lena carry under her arm?
4. How old are Lena and Boesman?
5. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lena talk so much?
2. What was Boesman happy about when the village was razed?
3. How does Lena convince Boesman to let Outa stay?
4. What does Boesman say about the scene in the morning?
5. Why does Lena want Outa to stay?
6. What does Boesman admit in Act 2 to Lena?
7. What is the sense of hope at the end of the play? What is the sense of hopelessness?
8. How does Outa communicate with Boesman and Lena?
9. What does Lena hate about the night?
10. What does Boesman say about dead men? Why does he not want Outa's body at the camp?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)