|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena show to Outa?
(a) Her food.
(b) Her bruises.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her wine.
2. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
3. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
4. What does Lena tell Outa she's not so good at?
(b) Making tea.
(c) Making a fire.
(d) Making shelter.
5. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
(a) Washes clothes.
(b) Builds the shelter.
(c) Sings and dances.
(d) Cooks prawns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
2. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
3. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
4. What language does Outa speak?
5. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boesman admit in Act 2 to Lena?
2. What is the irony of Boesman's behavior toward Outa?
3. What would Lena do if her name were Mary?
4. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with Outa?
5. What does Lena hate about the night?
6. Why did Boesman laugh at the bulldozers this morning?
7. What does Lena ask to drink from Boesman? What word is this in Afrikaan? In English?
8. What is the hypocrisy in Boesman's refusal to give Outa water?
9. How does Lena feel about where they've stopped for the night?
10. Describe Lena's appearance. What does she wear? How old is she?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)