|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Boesman work in Missionvale?
(a) The Chinaman's house.
(b) The farm.
(c) The saltpans.
(d) The railroad.
2. What does Lena say that if they'd spent all this time looking for, it would have found them by now?
3. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
(a) Knocks it down.
(b) Empties it.
(c) Lights it on fire.
(d) Leaves it.
4. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
(a) The truth about the dead man.
(b) The directions home.
(c) The truth about the dog.
(d) The way they came.
5. What does Lena ask Boesman to do instead of hitting her?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Slap her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Touch her.
6. Who says, "We're the whiteman's rubbish. That's why he's so beneukt with us. He can't get rid of his rubbish"?
7. Who says, "When you make a hole in your face the noise that comes out is as good as nothing, because nobody hears it"?
8. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
9. What has made Boesman talkative in Act 2?
10. What does Lena say that Boesman left on the dead man?
11. What does Lena tell Boesman he'll be charged with?
(a) Killing Outa.
(c) Killing the dog.
(d) Running away.
12. What is the translation of "Al weer sukke tyd"?
(a) Stop walking.
(b) Stop talking.
(c) Let's go back.
(d) Here we go again.
13. What does Lena tell Boesman that he will "know what it feels like"?
(a) Hanging for beating her.
(b) Being punished for something you didn't do.
(c) Being punished for killing a man.
(d) Being beaten.
14. Where does Boesman throw the bread in Act 2?
(a) At the old man.
(b) At Lena.
(c) Into the shelter.
(d) Into the darkness.
15. Boesman says he and Lena crawled in and out of their lean-to like what?
(d) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
2. What does "vies" mean?
3. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
4. Who says, "You must make the words crawl to him, with your tongue between their back legs"?
5. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)