|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Aaak sy bek oop"?
2. Who says, "Big yellow donner with its jawbone to the ground. One bite and there's a hole in the earth!"?
3. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
4. What happened to Lena's firewood?
(a) It was stolen.
(b) It got wet.
(c) They used it all.
(d) It crumbled.
5. What does Lena say Boesman should have done with their belongings this morning?
(a) Thrown them in the fire.
(b) Taken them with him.
(c) Given them to the white man.
(d) Sold them.
6. What does the phrase, "Die geraas van 'n vervloekte lewe" mean?
(a) The dog is howling like wind.
(b) The last man laughing.
(c) The noise of a cursed life.
(d) The trees are whispering.
7. What did Lena do when the bulldozers came?
8. What does Lena say that Boesman left on the dead man?
9. Where was Outa left?
(a) In the fire.
(b) On the road.
(c) On the ground.
(d) In a grave.
10. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
(a) Knocks it down.
(b) Lights it on fire.
(c) Leaves it.
(d) Empties it.
11. How much wine did Boesman drink?
(a) Three bottles.
(b) Half a bottle.
(c) Two bottles.
(d) One bottle.
12. Why does Lena say that Boesman admitted his wrong?
(a) To make her send Outa away.
(b) To hurt her again.
(c) To make her laugh.
(d) To ask for forgiveness.
13. What is Boesman talking about when he says, "web wereld, kom brandewyn"?
(b) The door.
(d) The shanty.
14. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
(a) Missionvale to Redhouse.
(b) Coeaga to Redhouse.
(c) Coega to Veelplaas.
(d) Redhouse to Veelplaas.
15. What does Lena call Boesman for what he does to the shelter?
(a) A monster.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A Kaffir.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
2. How does Lena know the old man died?
3. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
4. What does Boesman pass to Lena when she walks back to him?
5. What has made Boesman talkative in Act 2?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)