|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena wear?
(a) An old suit.
(c) The dead man's clothes.
(d) A loose dress.
2. Why does Lena say that Boesman admitted his wrong?
(a) To make her laugh.
(b) To hurt her again.
(c) To make her send Outa away.
(d) To ask for forgiveness.
3. Who says, "Bulala wena!"
4. What does Lena take off the dead man and throw at Boesman?
(a) His bottles.
(b) His wallet.
(c) Her blanket.
(d) His clothes.
5. What does Boesman do after Outa has passed away?
(a) Leaves the shanty.
(b) Calls for help.
(c) Digs a grave.
(d) Goes into the shelter.
6. What is Boesman talking about when he says, "web wereld, kom brandewyn"?
(b) The shanty.
(d) The door.
7. What does the phrase, "Die geraas van 'n vervloekte lewe" mean?
(a) The last man laughing.
(b) The dog is howling like wind.
(c) The trees are whispering.
(d) The noise of a cursed life.
8. Who says, "It was bioscope, man! And I watched it. Beginning to end, the way it happened. I saw it. Me"?
9. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
(a) The truth about the dog.
(b) The truth about the dead man.
(c) The way they came.
(d) The directions home.
10. Fill in the blank: "That's not a pondok, Boesman. It's a _____."
11. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with the old man?
(a) Cursing him.
(b) Cheating on him with him.
(c) Slapping him.
(d) Nursing him.
12. What does Boesman pass to Lena when she walks back to him?
(a) The wood.
(b) The mattress.
(c) The bucket.
(d) The blanket.
13. What did Lena do when the bulldozers came?
14. What does Boesman imitate to irritate Lena?
(b) The dog.
(d) A ghost.
15. What does the phrase "pap ou borste, ribbetjies" mean?
(a) Shrunken breasts, thin ribs.
(b) Looking eastward, towards home.
(c) Wandering slowly, in the night.
(d) Fat and surly man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "vies" mean?
2. What does Lena goad Boesman to do to the body?
3. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
4. What does Lena plan on digging for tomorrow?
5. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)