|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say Boesman will have between his toes at Veelplas?
2. What does Lena say Boesman should have done with their belongings this morning?
(a) Given them to the white man.
(b) Sold them.
(c) Taken them with him.
(d) Thrown them in the fire.
3. To whom does Lena say, "Why the hell you do it so soon? There's things I didn't tell you, man. And now this as well"?
4. What does Lena wear?
(a) The dead man's clothes.
(b) An old suit.
(d) A loose dress.
5. What does the phrase "pap ou borste, ribbetjies" mean?
(a) Shrunken breasts, thin ribs.
(b) Looking eastward, towards home.
(c) Fat and surly man.
(d) Wandering slowly, in the night.
6. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To really do it.
(c) To find someone else.
(d) To leave.
7. Who says, "Can't we say goodbye? We'll have to do it one day. It's not for ever. Come on. Let's say it now. Goodbye!"?
8. When does the play take place?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1990s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1800s.
9. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with the old man?
(a) Nursing him.
(b) Cheating on him with him.
(c) Cursing him.
(d) Slapping him.
10. What did Lena do when the bulldozers came?
11. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
12. What does the phrase, "Die geraas van 'n vervloekte lewe" mean?
(a) The last man laughing.
(b) The trees are whispering.
(c) The dog is howling like wind.
(d) The noise of a cursed life.
13. What is a dronkie?
(b) Black person.
(c) Old person.
14. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
(a) All the regrets.
(b) All tomorrows.
(c) All the Happies.
(d) All yesterdays.
15. What does Lena tell Boesman he'll be charged with?
(a) Killing the dog.
(c) Running away.
(d) Killing Outa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
2. What does Lena tell the dead man is still happening before his eyes?
3. Where was Outa left?
4. Who says, "There's only me. All you've got is me and I'm saying 'Sies!'"?
5. How much wine did Boesman drink?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)