|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "Hotnot and a Kaffer got no time for apartheid on a night like this. We must keep that bit of wood for later"?
2. How much wine did Boesman drink?
(a) One bottle.
(b) Two bottles.
(c) Three bottles.
(d) Half a bottle.
3. When does the play take place?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1800s.
(c) The 1990s.
(d) The 1960s.
4. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
5. What does Lena ask Boesman to do instead of hitting her?
(a) Slap her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Touch her.
(d) Kiss her.
6. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
7. What does Lena call Boesman for what he does to the shelter?
(a) A Kaffir.
(b) A pig.
(c) A monster.
(d) A bulldozer.
8. What does Lena wear?
(b) A loose dress.
(c) The dead man's clothes.
(d) An old suit.
9. What does Lena say that Boesman does to something he doesn't understand?
(a) Kills it.
(b) Leaves it.
(c) Hits it.
(d) Cradles it.
10. What does Lena tell Boesman he'll be charged with?
(b) Running away.
(c) Killing Outa.
(d) Killing the dog.
11. What does Lena say Boesman will have between his toes at Veelplas?
12. What does Lena tell Outa to think about after Boesman goes into the shelter?
(a) The desert.
(b) Warm times.
13. What does Lena say God could do with the past day?
(a) Take it back.
(b) Make it happen again.
(c) Rewind it.
(d) Make it better.
14. What does "vlenterbroek" mean?
(a) Broken bottles.
(b) Old men.
(c) Dead dogs.
(d) Torn trousers.
15. How does Lena know the old man died?
(a) He said farewell.
(b) He kissed her goodbye.
(c) He cried.
(d) He let go of her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with the old man?
2. What does the phrase "En dit?" mean?
3. What did Lena call the dog?
4. Who says, "You must make the words crawl to him, with your tongue between their back legs"?
5. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)