|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
2. Who says, "When you make a hole in your face the noise that comes out is as good as nothing, because nobody hears it"?
3. What does Lena say when Boesman asks, "Are you coming? It's the last time I ask you"?
4. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
(a) The directions home.
(b) The truth about the dog.
(c) The way they came.
(d) The truth about the dead man.
5. What does Lena say that Boesman does to something he doesn't understand?
(a) Hits it.
(b) Cradles it.
(c) Leaves it.
(d) Kills it.
6. What does "Outa" mean?
(a) Old man.
(b) Young man.
(c) Blind man.
7. What is the word used for the ethnic group of Boesman and Lena?
8. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
(a) To steal food.
(b) To stop crying.
(c) To hit her.
(d) To steal money.
9. What does "vlenterbroek" mean?
(a) Dead dogs.
(b) Old men.
(c) Broken bottles.
(d) Torn trousers.
10. What do people like Lena and Boesman do with the White Man's rubbish?
(a) Clean it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Savor it.
(d) Wear it, eat it, or sleep in it.
11. What does Lena ask Boesman to do instead of hitting her?
(a) Touch her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Slap her.
12. What does Lena goad Boesman to do to the body?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Hang it.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Beat it.
13. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
(a) All tomorrows.
(b) All the Happies.
(c) All yesterdays.
(d) All the regrets.
14. What does the word "onnooslik" mean?
15. Where did Boesman work in Missionvale?
(a) The farm.
(b) The Chinaman's house.
(c) The railroad.
(d) The saltpans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
2. What does "baas" mean?
3. Where was Outa left?
4. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
5. Who says, "Aaak sy bek oop"?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)