|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena wear?
(a) An old suit.
(b) A loose dress.
(d) The dead man's clothes.
2. Who says, "There's only me. All you've got is me and I'm saying 'Sies!'"?
3. What does Lena tell the dead man is still happening before his eyes?
(a) His life.
(b) Her life.
(c) The world.
(d) The tears.
4. What does Grappie mean in English?
5. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
(a) Lights it on fire.
(b) Leaves it.
(c) Knocks it down.
(d) Empties it.
6. When does the play take place?
(a) The 1800s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1990s.
(d) The 1970s.
7. Boesman says he and Lena crawled in and out of their lean-to like what?
(b) White men.
8. What does the phrase "En dit?" mean?
(a) And that?
(b) Is it late?
(c) Where's the rain?
(d) Who are you?
9. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) One hour.
(b) One night.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
10. Where did Boesman work in Missionvale?
(a) The Chinaman's house.
(b) The railroad.
(c) The farm.
(d) The saltpans.
11. What does "vies" mean?
12. What does Lena say when Boesman asks, "Are you coming? It's the last time I ask you"?
13. What does Lena tell Outa to think about after Boesman goes into the shelter?
(b) The desert.
(d) Warm times.
14. What does Lena call Boesman for what he does to the shelter?
(a) A bulldozer.
(b) A monster.
(c) A pig.
(d) A Kaffir.
15. What is a "Trickey-draai"?
(a) Hard worker.
(c) Country song.
(d) Lively dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the translation of "Al weer sukke tyd"?
2. What does Lena say that Boesman does to something he doesn't understand?
3. Where does Boesman throw the bread in Act 2?
4. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
5. What did Lena do when the bulldozers came?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)