|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lena call the dog?
2. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
(a) To stop crying.
(b) To hit her.
(c) To steal food.
(d) To steal money.
3. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) One hour.
(b) One night.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
4. Who says, "There's only me. All you've got is me and I'm saying 'Sies!'"?
5. What does the word "onnooslik" mean?
6. Fill in the blank: "That's not a pondok, Boesman. It's a _____."
7. When does the play take place?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1990s.
(d) The 1800s.
8. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
9. Who says, "You must make the words crawl to him, with your tongue between their back legs"?
10. What does "baas" mean?
11. Where did Boesman work in Missionvale?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The farm.
(c) The saltpans.
(d) The Chinaman's house.
12. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
13. What does Lena say Boesman should have done with their belongings this morning?
(a) Thrown them in the fire.
(b) Sold them.
(c) Given them to the white man.
(d) Taken them with him.
14. What does Lena begin doing after Boesman goes into the shelter?
(d) Singing and dancing.
15. What did Lena do when the bulldozers came?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
2. What does Boesman say that the white man gave them in demolishing their village?
3. Who says, "It was bioscope, man! And I watched it. Beginning to end, the way it happened. I saw it. Me"?
4. What does Lena plan on digging for tomorrow?
5. Which character in the play is black?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)