|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boesman says he and Lena crawled in and out of their lean-to like what?
(c) White men.
2. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
3. What does Lena say that Boesman does to something he doesn't understand?
(a) Leaves it.
(b) Kills it.
(c) Cradles it.
(d) Hits it.
4. What does Lena wear?
(b) An old suit.
(c) The dead man's clothes.
(d) A loose dress.
5. Who says, "We're the whiteman's rubbish. That's why he's so beneukt with us. He can't get rid of his rubbish"?
6. How much wine did Boesman drink?
(a) One bottle.
(b) Two bottles.
(c) Half a bottle.
(d) Three bottles.
7. Where was Outa left?
(a) In a grave.
(b) On the road.
(c) In the fire.
(d) On the ground.
8. What is the translation of "Al weer sukke tyd"?
(a) Stop walking.
(b) Stop talking.
(c) Let's go back.
(d) Here we go again.
9. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
10. Who says, "Can't we say goodbye? We'll have to do it one day. It's not for ever. Come on. Let's say it now. Goodbye!"?
11. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
(a) The truth about the dog.
(b) The way they came.
(c) The truth about the dead man.
(d) The directions home.
12. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
(a) That he dropped them.
(b) That they were worth nothing.
(c) The the dog knocked them over.
(d) That she was wrong to drop them.
13. Who says, "There was something else in that fire. Us! Our sad stories, our smells, our world! And it burnt"?
14. What does Lena say Boesman will have between his toes at Veelplas?
15. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
(a) Redhouse to Veelplaas.
(b) Missionvale to Redhouse.
(c) Coeaga to Redhouse.
(d) Coega to Veelplaas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the farthest they've been, according to Lena?
2. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
3. What do people like Lena and Boesman do with the White Man's rubbish?
4. What does Boesman imitate to irritate Lena?
5. What does Lena tell Outa to think about after Boesman goes into the shelter?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)