|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for the stage in Boesman and Lena?
(a) The backdrop of the city.
(b) Red curtains and red floor.
(c) Bare stage.
(d) The backdrop of a village.
2. What happens to Outa?
(a) He dies.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He laughs and dances.
(d) He sleeps.
3. Who says, "There was something else in that fire. Us! Our sad stories, our smells, our world! And it burnt"?
4. What does "vark" mean?
5. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
(a) That she was wrong to drop them.
(b) That he dropped them.
(c) The the dog knocked them over.
(d) That they were worth nothing.
6. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
(a) All tomorrows.
(b) All the Happies.
(c) All yesterdays.
(d) All the regrets.
7. What is Boesman talking about when he says, "web wereld, kom brandewyn"?
(c) The door.
(d) The shanty.
8. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
(a) Telling her he was to blame for dropping the bottles.
(b) Killing Outa.
(c) Telling her he hated her.
(d) Killing her dog.
9. What does Lena plan on digging for tomorrow?
10. What does "vies" mean?
11. What does Boesman say the dead man is?
(d) Good luck.
12. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with the old man?
(a) Cheating on him with him.
(b) Slapping him.
(c) Nursing him.
(d) Cursing him.
13. What does Lena say that if they'd spent all this time looking for, it would have found them by now?
14. What did Lena call the dog?
15. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To find someone else.
(c) To leave.
(d) To really do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the child die?
2. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
3. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
4. What does Lena say Boesman should have done with their belongings this morning?
5. Where is the farthest they've been, according to Lena?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)