|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena call Boesman for what he does to the shelter?
(a) A Kaffir.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A pig.
(d) A monster.
2. What does Boesman imitate to irritate Lena?
(b) The dog.
(d) A ghost.
3. What does "Outa" mean?
(a) Old man.
(b) Young man.
(d) Blind man.
4. What does Lena begin doing after Boesman goes into the shelter?
(b) Singing and dancing.
5. How does Lena know the old man died?
(a) He said farewell.
(b) He kissed her goodbye.
(c) He let go of her hand.
(d) He cried.
6. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
7. What happened to Lena's firewood?
(a) It crumbled.
(b) They used it all.
(c) It got wet.
(d) It was stolen.
8. Fill in the blank: "That's not a pondok, Boesman. It's a _____."
9. What does Lena say Boesman will have between his toes at Veelplas?
10. What does "baas" mean?
11. Which character in the play is black?
12. What happens to Outa?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He laughs and dances.
(d) He dies.
13. What does Lena goad Boesman to do to the body?
(a) Hang it.
(b) Hide it.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Beat it.
14. What is the setting for the stage in Boesman and Lena?
(a) The backdrop of a village.
(b) Bare stage.
(c) Red curtains and red floor.
(d) The backdrop of the city.
15. To whom does Lena say, "Why the hell you do it so soon? There's things I didn't tell you, man. And now this as well"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
2. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
3. What does Lena say that Boesman does to something he doesn't understand?
4. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
5. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)