|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "When you make a hole in your face the noise that comes out is as good as nothing, because nobody hears it"?
2. Who says, "Aaak sy bek oop"?
3. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
4. To whom does Lena say, "Why the hell you do it so soon? There's things I didn't tell you, man. And now this as well"?
5. What does the phrase "pap ou borste, ribbetjies" mean?
(a) Shrunken breasts, thin ribs.
(b) Looking eastward, towards home.
(c) Fat and surly man.
(d) Wandering slowly, in the night.
6. What is the one thing Boesman says he's looking for?
(a) A family.
7. Where does Boesman throw the bread in Act 2?
(a) Into the shelter.
(b) At the old man.
(c) Into the darkness.
(d) At Lena.
8. What does "vark" mean?
9. What does the word "naar" mean?
10. What does Lena ask Boesman to do instead of hitting her?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Slap her.
(c) Touch her.
(d) Kiss her.
11. What happens to Outa?
(a) He laughs and dances.
(b) He dies.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He sleeps.
12. What does Lena call Boesman for what he does to the shelter?
(a) A monster.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A Kaffir.
(d) A pig.
13. What does Lena say when Boesman asks, "Are you coming? It's the last time I ask you"?
14. What is the translation of "Al weer sukke tyd"?
(a) Let's go back.
(b) Here we go again.
(c) Stop walking.
(d) Stop talking.
15. What does "vlenterbroek" mean?
(a) Dead dogs.
(b) Old men.
(c) Torn trousers.
(d) Broken bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena tell the dead man is still happening before his eyes?
2. Why does Lena say that Boesman admitted his wrong?
3. Fill in the blank: "That's not a pondok, Boesman. It's a _____."
4. What does Boesman imitate to irritate Lena?
5. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)