|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "When you make a hole in your face the noise that comes out is as good as nothing, because nobody hears it"?
2. What does Lena say they did for all the holidays?
3. What does Boesman say the dead man is?
(d) Good luck.
4. Where is the farthest they've been, according to Lena?
5. What does Lena call Boesman for what he does to the shelter?
(a) A monster.
(b) A pig.
(c) A bulldozer.
(d) A Kaffir.
6. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
7. What has made Boesman talkative in Act 2?
8. What does Lena tell Outa to think about after Boesman goes into the shelter?
(a) The desert.
(d) Warm times.
9. Who says, "Can't we say goodbye? We'll have to do it one day. It's not for ever. Come on. Let's say it now. Goodbye!"?
10. What does Boesman do after Outa has passed away?
(a) Goes into the shelter.
(b) Digs a grave.
(c) Calls for help.
(d) Leaves the shanty.
11. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
12. What does "Outa" mean?
(a) Blind man.
(b) Old man.
(c) Young man.
13. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
(a) To really do it.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To leave.
(d) To find someone else.
14. What does the phrase, "Die geraas van 'n vervloekte lewe" mean?
(a) The last man laughing.
(b) The dog is howling like wind.
(c) The noise of a cursed life.
(d) The trees are whispering.
15. What does Lena take off the dead man and throw at Boesman?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His clothes.
(c) Her blanket.
(d) His bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
2. When does the play take place?
3. Where did the child die?
4. Fill in the blank: "That's not a pondok, Boesman. It's a _____."
5. What does the phrase "pap ou borste, ribbetjies" mean?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)