|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "Hotnot and a Kaffer got no time for apartheid on a night like this. We must keep that bit of wood for later"?
2. What did Lena do to the dog when Boesman wasn't looking?
(a) Fed it.
(b) Beat it.
(c) Sold it.
(d) Killed it.
3. What happens to Outa?
(a) He laughs and dances.
(b) He dies.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He sleeps.
4. What is a dronkie?
(b) Black person.
(d) Old person.
5. What does Lena begin doing after Boesman goes into the shelter?
(c) Singing and dancing.
6. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
(a) The directions home.
(b) The way they came.
(c) The truth about the dead man.
(d) The truth about the dog.
7. What does Lena tell Outa to think about after Boesman goes into the shelter?
(a) The desert.
(c) Warm times.
8. What is the one thing Boesman says he's looking for?
(d) A family.
9. What does Lena say they did for all the holidays?
10. Fill in the blank: "That's not a pondok, Boesman. It's a _____."
11. What does Lena take off the dead man and throw at Boesman?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) His bottles.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His clothes.
12. How does Lena know the old man died?
(a) He kissed her goodbye.
(b) He cried.
(c) He let go of her hand.
(d) He said farewell.
13. What does Boesman compare the people crawling out of "their holes" to?
14. Who says, "Big yellow donner with its jawbone to the ground. One bite and there's a hole in the earth!"?
15. What does Boesman imitate to irritate Lena?
(b) The dog.
(d) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the phrase "pap ou borste, ribbetjies" mean?
2. What does Lena say Boesman should have done with their belongings this morning?
3. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
4. What does Boesman say the dead man is?
5. Why does Lena say that Boesman admitted his wrong?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)