|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "vlenterbroek" mean?
(a) Dead dogs.
(b) Broken bottles.
(c) Old men.
(d) Torn trousers.
2. Who says, "Big yellow donner with its jawbone to the ground. One bite and there's a hole in the earth!"?
3. Where did Boesman work in Missionvale?
(a) The Chinaman's house.
(b) The saltpans.
(c) The railroad.
(d) The farm.
4. Where was Outa left?
(a) In a grave.
(b) In the fire.
(c) On the road.
(d) On the ground.
5. What does Lena say God could do with the past day?
(a) Rewind it.
(b) Make it better.
(c) Make it happen again.
(d) Take it back.
6. What does Boesman pass to Lena when she walks back to him?
(a) The bucket.
(b) The mattress.
(c) The blanket.
(d) The wood.
7. What does Boesman do after Outa has passed away?
(a) Calls for help.
(b) Goes into the shelter.
(c) Leaves the shanty.
(d) Digs a grave.
8. What does Lena call Boesman for what he does to the shelter?
(a) A monster.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A pig.
(d) A Kaffir.
9. What does Boesman compare the people crawling out of "their holes" to?
10. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
(a) To hit her.
(b) To stop crying.
(c) To steal food.
(d) To steal money.
11. What does Lena say Boesman will have between his toes at Veelplas?
12. What is Lena referring to when she says, "So that's how you do it. I know what it feels like. Now I know what it looks like"?
(b) Being a coward.
(c) Standing and running.
(d) Beating Outa.
13. Who says, "Aaak sy bek oop"?
14. What did Lena do when the bulldozers came?
15. What does Lena begin doing after Boesman goes into the shelter?
(b) Singing and dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena tell Boesman he'll be charged with?
2. What did Lena do to the dog when Boesman wasn't looking?
3. What does Lena tell Boesman that he will "know what it feels like"?
4. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
5. What does Lena wear?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)