|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena tell Boesman that he will "know what it feels like"?
(a) Being punished for killing a man.
(b) Being beaten.
(c) Being punished for something you didn't do.
(d) Hanging for beating her.
2. What does Boesman say the dead man is?
(b) Good luck.
3. What does Lena wear?
(b) A loose dress.
(c) An old suit.
(d) The dead man's clothes.
4. What is the translation of "Al weer sukke tyd"?
(a) Stop walking.
(b) Stop talking.
(c) Let's go back.
(d) Here we go again.
5. Who says, "We're the whiteman's rubbish. That's why he's so beneukt with us. He can't get rid of his rubbish"?
6. What does Lena goad Boesman to do to the body?
(a) Bury it.
(b) Beat it.
(c) Hide it.
(d) Hang it.
7. Who says, "Can't we say goodbye? We'll have to do it one day. It's not for ever. Come on. Let's say it now. Goodbye!"?
8. Who says, "There's only me. All you've got is me and I'm saying 'Sies!'"?
9. Who says, "Bulala wena!"
10. Boesman says he and Lena crawled in and out of their lean-to like what?
(c) White men.
11. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
(a) That he dropped them.
(b) The the dog knocked them over.
(c) That she was wrong to drop them.
(d) That they were worth nothing.
12. What does "vark" mean?
13. What does Lena say that Boesman does to something he doesn't understand?
(a) Hits it.
(b) Kills it.
(c) Cradles it.
(d) Leaves it.
14. What does "baas" mean?
15. What does Boesman compare the people crawling out of "their holes" to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for the stage in Boesman and Lena?
2. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
3. What does the word "onnooslik" mean?
4. Which character in the play is black?
5. What does "Outa" mean?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)