|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people like Lena and Boesman do with the White Man's rubbish?
(a) Wear it, eat it, or sleep in it.
(b) Clean it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Savor it.
2. What is a dronkie?
(a) Old person.
(d) Black person.
3. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
(a) Missionvale to Redhouse.
(b) Coega to Veelplaas.
(c) Coeaga to Redhouse.
(d) Redhouse to Veelplaas.
4. Who says, "You must make the words crawl to him, with your tongue between their back legs"?
5. What did Lena call the dog?
6. Who says, "There's only me. All you've got is me and I'm saying 'Sies!'"?
7. What does Boesman imitate to irritate Lena?
(a) The dog.
(c) A ghost.
8. What does Boesman pass to Lena when she walks back to him?
(a) The bucket.
(b) The blanket.
(c) The mattress.
(d) The wood.
9. What does the word "naar" mean?
10. Why does Lena say that Boesman admitted his wrong?
(a) To hurt her again.
(b) To make her send Outa away.
(c) To make her laugh.
(d) To ask for forgiveness.
11. Who says, "It was bioscope, man! And I watched it. Beginning to end, the way it happened. I saw it. Me"?
12. What is the one thing Boesman says he's looking for?
(c) A family.
13. What does Lena say "hasn't got a hole in it yet"?
(a) Her bottle.
(b) Her head.
(c) The bucket.
(d) The blanket.
14. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
(a) Leaves it.
(b) Empties it.
(c) Knocks it down.
(d) Lights it on fire.
15. Who says, "Can't we say goodbye? We'll have to do it one day. It's not for ever. Come on. Let's say it now. Goodbye!"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman say the dead man is?
2. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
3. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
4. What does "baas" mean?
5. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)