Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "baas" mean?
2. What does Boesman do after Outa has passed away?
(a) Leaves the shanty.
(b) Calls for help.
(c) Goes into the shelter.
(d) Digs a grave.
3. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two days.
(d) One night.
4. What does Lena goad Boesman to do to the body?
(a) Beat it.
(b) Hang it.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Hide it.
5. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
6. What does the phrase, "Die geraas van 'n vervloekte lewe" mean?
(a) The dog is howling like wind.
(b) The noise of a cursed life.
(c) The trees are whispering.
(d) The last man laughing.
7. Who says, "Big yellow donner with its jawbone to the ground. One bite and there's a hole in the earth!"?
8. Who says, "Bulala wena!"
9. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
(a) Killing Outa.
(b) Killing her dog.
(c) Telling her he hated her.
(d) Telling her he was to blame for dropping the bottles.
10. What does "vlenterbroek" mean?
(a) Dead dogs.
(b) Old men.
(c) Broken bottles.
(d) Torn trousers.
11. What does the word "onnooslik" mean?
12. Who says, "Can't we say goodbye? We'll have to do it one day. It's not for ever. Come on. Let's say it now. Goodbye!"?
13. Where was Outa left?
(a) In the fire.
(b) On the road.
(c) On the ground.
(d) In a grave.
14. What does "Outa" mean?
(a) Old man.
(b) Young man.
(d) Blind man.
15. What is a dronkie?
(b) Old person.
(c) Black person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
2. What does Lena ask Boesman to do instead of hitting her?
3. What is the setting for the stage in Boesman and Lena?
4. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
5. What does Lena say Boesman should have done with their belongings this morning?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)