|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lena's firewood?
(a) It crumbled.
(b) It got wet.
(c) They used it all.
(d) It was stolen.
2. What has made Boesman talkative in Act 2?
3. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
(a) Coega to Veelplaas.
(b) Coeaga to Redhouse.
(c) Missionvale to Redhouse.
(d) Redhouse to Veelplaas.
4. What is a "Trickey-draai"?
(a) Hard worker.
(c) Lively dance.
(d) Country song.
5. What is the setting for the stage in Boesman and Lena?
(a) Bare stage.
(b) The backdrop of the city.
(c) The backdrop of a village.
(d) Red curtains and red floor.
6. What does "vark" mean?
7. What does Boesman say that the white man gave them in demolishing their village?
8. What does "Outa" mean?
(b) Young man.
(c) Old man.
(d) Blind man.
9. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
(a) Knocks it down.
(b) Leaves it.
(c) Lights it on fire.
(d) Empties it.
10. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
11. Which character in the play is black?
12. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
(a) To stop crying.
(b) To steal food.
(c) To hit her.
(d) To steal money.
13. What does Lena say they did for all the holidays?
14. Fill in the blank: "That's not a pondok, Boesman. It's a _____."
15. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
(a) The truth about the dead man.
(b) The way they came.
(c) The directions home.
(d) The truth about the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
2. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
3. What do people like Lena and Boesman do with the White Man's rubbish?
4. What does Lena say "hasn't got a hole in it yet"?
5. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)