|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Outa" mean?
(a) Blind man.
(c) Young man.
(d) Old man.
2. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
(a) To steal money.
(b) To stop crying.
(c) To steal food.
(d) To hit her.
3. What does the phrase "En dit?" mean?
(a) Is it late?
(b) Who are you?
(c) Where's the rain?
(d) And that?
4. When does the play take place?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1990s.
(d) The 1800s.
5. Who says, "Aaak sy bek oop"?
6. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
(a) All the regrets.
(b) All the Happies.
(c) All tomorrows.
(d) All yesterdays.
7. Who says, "You must make the words crawl to him, with your tongue between their back legs"?
8. What happened to Lena's firewood?
(a) It crumbled.
(b) It got wet.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) They used it all.
9. What is a dronkie?
(a) Black person.
(c) Old person.
10. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
11. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
(a) Knocks it down.
(b) Lights it on fire.
(c) Empties it.
(d) Leaves it.
12. Who says, "When you make a hole in your face the noise that comes out is as good as nothing, because nobody hears it"?
13. What has made Boesman talkative in Act 2?
14. What is the setting for the stage in Boesman and Lena?
(a) Red curtains and red floor.
(b) Bare stage.
(c) The backdrop of a village.
(d) The backdrop of the city.
15. What does Boesman do after Outa has passed away?
(a) Calls for help.
(b) Leaves the shanty.
(c) Digs a grave.
(d) Goes into the shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena wear?
2. What do people like Lena and Boesman do with the White Man's rubbish?
3. What is Boesman talking about when he says, "web wereld, kom brandewyn"?
4. What does Lena say that if they'd spent all this time looking for, it would have found them by now?
5. What does "vies" mean?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)