|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Boesman talking about when he says, "web wereld, kom brandewyn"?
(b) The door.
(c) The shanty.
2. Which character says, "Hotnot and a Kaffer got no time for apartheid on a night like this. We must keep that bit of wood for later"?
3. Who says, "It was bioscope, man! And I watched it. Beginning to end, the way it happened. I saw it. Me"?
4. What does Boesman compare the people crawling out of "their holes" to?
5. What does "vies" mean?
6. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
(a) Killing her dog.
(b) Killing Outa.
(c) Telling her he hated her.
(d) Telling her he was to blame for dropping the bottles.
7. What does Lena say God could do with the past day?
(a) Take it back.
(b) Make it better.
(c) Make it happen again.
(d) Rewind it.
8. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
(a) The the dog knocked them over.
(b) That they were worth nothing.
(c) That he dropped them.
(d) That she was wrong to drop them.
9. What does Lena say that Boesman left on the dead man?
10. What does Lena tell the dead man is still happening before his eyes?
(a) The tears.
(b) His life.
(c) Her life.
(d) The world.
11. What does "vark" mean?
12. What does Lena take off the dead man and throw at Boesman?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His bottles.
13. What does Lena wear?
(a) A loose dress.
(b) The dead man's clothes.
(c) An old suit.
14. What does Lena mean when she says "Vuka!" to Outa?
(a) Go away!
(b) Stop snoring!
(c) Wake up!
(d) I'll beat you!
15. What does the phrase "pap ou borste, ribbetjies" mean?
(a) Shrunken breasts, thin ribs.
(b) Wandering slowly, in the night.
(c) Looking eastward, towards home.
(d) Fat and surly man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has made Boesman talkative in Act 2?
2. What does Lena say they did for all the holidays?
3. What did Lena do when the bulldozers came?
4. What does "baas" mean?
5. Where was Outa left?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)