|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
(a) That she was wrong to drop them.
(b) That they were worth nothing.
(c) That he dropped them.
(d) The the dog knocked them over.
2. What does Lena take off the dead man and throw at Boesman?
(a) His bottles.
(b) His wallet.
(c) Her blanket.
(d) His clothes.
3. What is a "Trickey-draai"?
(b) Hard worker.
(c) Lively dance.
(d) Country song.
4. Who says, "We're the whiteman's rubbish. That's why he's so beneukt with us. He can't get rid of his rubbish"?
5. Fill in the blank: "That's not a pondok, Boesman. It's a _____."
6. Who says, "Aaak sy bek oop"?
7. What does "vark" mean?
8. What does Boesman compare the people crawling out of "their holes" to?
9. What does Lena call Boesman for what he does to the shelter?
(a) A bulldozer.
(b) A monster.
(c) A Kaffir.
(d) A pig.
10. What does the phrase, "Die geraas van 'n vervloekte lewe" mean?
(a) The dog is howling like wind.
(b) The last man laughing.
(c) The noise of a cursed life.
(d) The trees are whispering.
11. What does Boesman pass to Lena when she walks back to him?
(a) The wood.
(b) The blanket.
(c) The mattress.
(d) The bucket.
12. What does Boesman do after Outa has passed away?
(a) Digs a grave.
(b) Calls for help.
(c) Leaves the shanty.
(d) Goes into the shelter.
13. Where is the farthest they've been, according to Lena?
14. What does Lena begin doing after Boesman goes into the shelter?
(c) Singing and dancing.
15. What does Grappie mean in English?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say God could do with the past day?
2. What does Lena say when Boesman asks, "Are you coming? It's the last time I ask you"?
3. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
4. What does Boesman accuse Lena of doing with the old man?
5. What did Lena do to the dog when Boesman wasn't looking?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)