|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
(a) Boesman's back.
(b) The children.
(c) The churches.
(d) The sky.
2. What does Lena use to block the fire from the wind?
(b) The wine.
(c) A box.
(d) The corrugated iron.
3. What followed Lena all the way back to Korsten?
(a) A dog.
(b) A white man.
(c) A black man.
(d) The police.
4. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
5. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
6. What is "soeterigheid"?
7. What does Lena give to Outa after he sits?
8. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
9. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
(b) Pap nat.
10. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
11. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Korsten.
(b) A Zulu.
(c) The Chinese man.
(d) A Boer.
12. Which character appears first in Act 1?
13. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
(a) Sleep in the shack with them.
(d) Go away.
14. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
15. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
(c) Too slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
2. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
3. How old are Lena and Boesman?
4. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
5. What does Lena say that Boesman gets when other people laugh at him beating her?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)