|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
(a) Leave Boesman.
(b) Give up dancing.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Stop singing.
2. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
(c) Prickly pears.
3. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
(a) The water bottles.
(b) The fire.
(c) The sky.
(d) The wine bottles.
4. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
(a) Her scabs.
(b) Her fleas.
(c) Her bottles.
(d) Her bruises.
5. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
6. What is a pondok?
(a) A battlefield.
(b) A shack.
(c) A church.
(d) A prison.
7. What does Lena carry under her arm?
(a) A cooking pot.
(b) A stove.
(d) A mattress.
8. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
(c) Pap nat.
9. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's cowardly.
(b) It's empty.
(c) It's broken.
(d) It's strong.
10. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
11. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
12. What does Lena meet the memory of on the old roads?
(b) The dog.
13. What does "oppas" mean?
(a) Stop talking.
(b) Here I am.
(c) Look up.
(d) Watch out.
14. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
15. What does Lena clean from her toes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
2. Where does Lena tell Outa they've come from?
3. What does Lena give to Outa after he sits?
4. What did Lena find when she went into the dark to find shelter materials?
5. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)