|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "kaalgat" mean?
2. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Drown herself.
(b) Hang herself.
(c) Load up and walk somewhere else.
(d) Find a man who loves her.
3. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
(b) Go away.
(d) Sleep in the shack with them.
4. Who says, "You don't like it when somebody else laughs. Well, you laughed at me for nothing"?
5. How long did Lena's child live?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
6. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
(a) They took her away.
(b) They tried to hang Boesman.
(c) They didn't care.
(d) They arrested Boesman.
7. Which character appears first in Act 1?
8. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Gives him water.
(c) Shoves him off his seat.
(d) Gives him wine.
9. What language does Outa speak?
10. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
11. What followed Lena all the way back to Korsten?
(a) A white man.
(b) A dog.
(c) A black man.
(d) The police.
12. What does Lena show to Outa?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her food.
(c) Her wine.
(d) Her bruises.
13. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
14. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
15. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
2. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
3. What is "soeterigheid"?
4. How old are Lena and Boesman?
5. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)