|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "donnered" mean?
2. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
(a) A dop.
(b) A washcloth.
(d) A dog.
3. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
4. What language does Outa speak?
5. How much were the bottles worth that were broken?
6. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Gives him water.
(c) Gives him wine.
(d) Shoves him off his seat.
7. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
8. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
9. What does Lena use to block the fire from the wind?
(a) A box.
(b) The wine.
(d) The corrugated iron.
10. How does Lena carry her belongings?
(a) On her head.
(b) On her back.
(c) On her shoulders.
(d) On a wagon.
11. What are "skelms"?
(b) Black men.
(c) White men.
12. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
13. Which character appears first in Act 1?
14. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The birds.
(c) The sky.
(d) The bats.
15. Which character carries a mattress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
2. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
3. What did Lena find when she went into the dark to find shelter materials?
4. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
5. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)