|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Find a man who loves her.
(b) Drown herself.
(c) Hang herself.
(d) Load up and walk somewhere else.
2. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
(b) Pap nat.
3. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
(a) The rainbow.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The bats.
(d) The birds.
4. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
(a) A dop.
(c) A washcloth.
(d) A dog.
5. What does Lena use to block the fire from the wind?
(a) A box.
(c) The wine.
(d) The corrugated iron.
6. What does Lena say that the tea is?
(c) Bitter and brown.
(d) Sweet and warm.
7. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
8. What does Lena tell Outa she's not so good at?
(a) Making shelter.
(b) Making a fire.
(d) Making tea.
9. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
10. Who says, "You don't like it when somebody else laughs. Well, you laughed at me for nothing"?
11. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
(a) To stay.
(b) To go.
(c) To buy wine.
(d) To cook.
12. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
(a) Sings and dances.
(b) Builds the shelter.
(c) Cooks prawns.
(d) Washes clothes.
13. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
(a) She'll find another man.
(b) He will fall apart.
(c) He'll be hanged.
(d) He'll be shot.
14. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
(a) Leave Boesman.
(b) Stop singing.
(c) Give up dancing.
(d) Become a nun.
15. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
(a) The sky.
(b) The fire.
(c) The water bottles.
(d) The wine bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
2. What does Lena carry under her arm?
3. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
4. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
5. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)