|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
(a) The wine bottles.
(b) The sky.
(c) The water bottles.
(d) The fire.
2. What does Lena share with Outa?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her tent.
(c) Her food.
(d) Her clothes.
3. Who says, "You don't like it when somebody else laughs. Well, you laughed at me for nothing"?
4. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
5. What did Lena ask the white family if they needed?
(a) Broken bottles.
(b) A maid.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A blanket.
6. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
7. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
(a) A piece of currugated iron.
(b) A mattress.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Cooking utensils.
8. What is a pondok?
(a) A shack.
(b) A prison.
(c) A battlefield.
(d) A church.
9. What does "kaalgat" mean?
10. What is "Swartkops?"
(a) A river.
(b) A gem.
(c) A building.
(d) A person.
11. What followed Lena all the way back to Korsten?
(a) A black man.
(b) A dog.
(c) The police.
(d) A white man.
12. What does Lena tell Outa she's not so good at?
(b) Making shelter.
(c) Making a fire.
(d) Making tea.
13. What does Boesman say that Outa will do?
(a) Steal their money.
(b) Bring the others.
(c) Kill them in the night.
14. Who goes into the shelter at the end of Act 1?
15. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
(a) A colored family.
(b) A black couple.
(c) A Chinaman.
(d) A white couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
2. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
3. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
4. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
5. What does Lena show to Outa?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)