|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
(a) Why Boesman is so kind to her.
(b) Why the fire won't start.
(c) Where her dog has gone.
(d) The order of where they've been.
2. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The bats.
(c) The birds.
(d) The rainbow.
3. What is the translation for "dop"?
(d) Drink (of liquor).
4. How much were the bottles worth that were broken?
5. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's empty.
(b) It's cowardly.
(c) It's strong.
(d) It's broken.
6. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
7. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
(a) Uses it for the fire.
(b) Makes a trap with it.
(c) Hits Lena.
(d) Builds a lean-to.
8. What does "skof" mean?
(a) To walk.
9. Where does Lena tell Outa they've come from?
10. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On his head.
(b) On a wagon.
(c) On his shoulders.
(d) On his back.
11. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning?
(a) For chasing the dog.
(b) For dropping biscuits.
(c) For walking too slow.
(d) For dropping bottles.
12. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
13. What does "oppas" mean?
(a) Look up.
(b) Stop talking.
(c) Here I am.
(d) Watch out.
14. What does Lena show to Outa?
(a) Her bruises.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her wine.
(d) Her food.
15. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
(a) They took her away.
(b) They didn't care.
(c) They arrested Boesman.
(d) They tried to hang Boesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
2. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
3. How long did Lena's child live?
4. What is the translation for "dog" in Africaan?
5. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)