|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "It won't last long, but it's big enough. Not much to see. This is all. This is mine"?
2. What name does Lena want to have?
3. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
(a) Too slow.
4. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) An endearment.
(b) A sound of relief.
(c) An obscenity.
(d) A pleasant greeting.
5. What does Boesman say that Outa will do?
(b) Bring the others.
(c) Kill them in the night.
(d) Steal their money.
6. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
(a) Become a nun.
(b) Give up dancing.
(c) Leave Boesman.
(d) Stop singing.
7. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
(a) The fire.
(b) The sky.
(c) The wine bottles.
(d) The water bottles.
8. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
9. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
10. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
(a) Sleep in the shack with them.
(b) Go away.
11. What does Boesman complain that Lena does?
(a) Talks constantly.
(b) Is silent.
(c) Cries constantly.
(d) Laughs constantly.
12. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
13. What does Lena say that the tea is?
(a) Bitter and brown.
(c) Sweet and warm.
14. What does Lena tell Outa she's not so good at?
(a) Making tea.
(b) Making shelter.
(c) Making a fire.
15. What does Lena carry under her arm?
(a) A cooking pot.
(b) A mattress.
(d) A stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
2. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
3. What does "kaalgat" mean?
4. What is the translation for "dop"?
5. What does Lena show to Outa?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)