|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
(a) She'll find another man.
(b) He will fall apart.
(c) He'll be hanged.
(d) He'll be shot.
2. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
(a) Sleep in the shack with them.
(c) Go away.
3. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) The Chinese man.
(b) A Boer.
(c) A Zulu.
(d) A Korsten.
4. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Gone with them.
(b) Killed them.
(c) Burned down the house.
(d) Borrowed their clothes.
5. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On his back.
(b) On a wagon.
(c) On his head.
(d) On his shoulders.
6. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
(a) Why Boesman is so kind to her.
(b) The order of where they've been.
(c) Why the fire won't start.
(d) Where her dog has gone.
7. What does "donnered" mean?
8. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
9. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's empty.
(b) It's broken.
(c) It's strong.
(d) It's cowardly.
10. What does Lena say that the tea is?
(a) Bitter and brown.
(b) Sweet and warm.
11. What shoes are Lena and Boesman wearing?
(b) Worn-out loafers.
12. Who says, "You don't like it when somebody else laughs. Well, you laughed at me for nothing"?
13. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
(c) Too slow.
14. What does Lena use to block the fire from the wind?
(a) A box.
(b) The wine.
(c) The corrugated iron.
15. What followed Lena all the way back to Korsten?
(a) A white man.
(b) A black man.
(c) A dog.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
2. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
3. How much were the bottles worth that were broken?
4. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
5. What is "Jou moer!"?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)