|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's empty.
(b) It's broken.
(c) It's strong.
(d) It's cowardly.
2. Where does Lena tell Outa they've come from?
3. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
(a) Why the fire won't start.
(b) Where her dog has gone.
(c) Why Boesman is so kind to her.
(d) The order of where they've been.
4. How long did Lena's child live?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
5. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
6. What shoes are Lena and Boesman wearing?
(b) Worn-out loafers.
7. Who says, "You don't like it when somebody else laughs. Well, you laughed at me for nothing"?
8. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
(a) Shoves him off his seat.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Gives him water.
(d) Gives him wine.
9. What does Lena give to Outa after he sits?
10. How does Lena carry her belongings?
(a) On her head.
(b) On her shoulders.
(c) On a wagon.
(d) On her back.
11. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
12. What does Lena meet the memory of on the old roads?
(b) The dog.
13. What does "kaalgat" mean?
14. Which character appears first in Act 1?
15. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena says, "When I want to cry, you want to" what?
2. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
3. What does Boesman do with his bread?
4. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
5. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)