|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
2. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
3. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
4. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) The Chinese man.
(b) A Zulu.
(c) A Korsten.
(d) A Boer.
5. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
6. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
7. Which character appears first in Act 1?
8. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Find a man who loves her.
(b) Hang herself.
(c) Drown herself.
(d) Load up and walk somewhere else.
9. How long did Lena's child live?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
10. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) A pleasant greeting.
(b) An obscenity.
(c) A sound of relief.
(d) An endearment.
11. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
(a) A dog.
(b) A dop.
(c) A washcloth.
12. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
(a) Saluting the soldier.
(b) Not remembering the route.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Asking questions.
13. Who goes into the shelter at the end of Act 1?
14. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
15. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
(a) A mattress.
(b) Cooking utensils.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A piece of currugated iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
2. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
3. Who says, "It won't last long, but it's big enough. Not much to see. This is all. This is mine"?
4. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
5. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)