|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
(b) Go away.
(c) Sleep in the shack with them.
2. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
3. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
4. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
(a) He'll be hanged.
(b) She'll find another man.
(c) He will fall apart.
(d) He'll be shot.
5. What does Lena tell Outa she's not so good at?
(a) Making a fire.
(b) Making shelter.
(d) Making tea.
6. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
7. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
(a) Another roadside attraction.
(b) Another homeless man.
(c) Another rotten house for rotten people.
(d) A way home.
8. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning?
(a) For dropping biscuits.
(b) For walking too slow.
(c) For dropping bottles.
(d) For chasing the dog.
9. How does Lena carry her belongings?
(a) On her back.
(b) On her head.
(c) On a wagon.
(d) On her shoulders.
10. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
(a) The churches.
(b) The sky.
(c) Boesman's back.
(d) The children.
11. What does Boesman do with his bread?
(a) Nibbles it slowly.
(b) Gobbles it down.
(c) Leaves it untouched.
(d) Throws it at the old man.
12. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
13. What does "donnered" mean?
14. What does Lena say that Boesman gets when other people laugh at him beating her?
15. Who says, "It won't last long, but it's big enough. Not much to see. This is all. This is mine"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lena tell Outa they've come from?
2. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
3. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
4. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
5. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)