|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
2. Which character carries a mattress?
3. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning?
(a) For dropping bottles.
(b) For chasing the dog.
(c) For dropping biscuits.
(d) For walking too slow.
4. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
(a) A colored family.
(b) A white couple.
(c) A black couple.
(d) A Chinaman.
5. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
(a) Flooded it.
(b) Looted it.
(c) Bulldozed it.
(d) Raided it.
6. What is the translation for "dop"?
(d) Drink (of liquor).
7. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Borrowed their clothes.
(b) Gone with them.
(c) Burned down the house.
(d) Killed them.
8. What is the translation for "dog" in Africaan?
9. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
10. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On his head.
(b) On his shoulders.
(c) On his back.
(d) On a wagon.
11. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The birds.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The sky.
(d) The bats.
12. What language does Outa speak?
13. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Load up and walk somewhere else.
(b) Hang herself.
(c) Find a man who loves her.
(d) Drown herself.
14. What does "kaalgat" mean?
15. What does Lena carry under her arm?
(a) A stove.
(b) A mattress.
(c) A cooking pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Lena's child live?
2. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
3. What did Lena ask the white family if they needed?
4. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
5. How much were the bottles worth that were broken?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)