|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say that the tea is?
(a) Bitter and brown.
(b) Sweet and warm.
2. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
(a) Her bottles.
(b) Her bruises.
(c) Her scabs.
(d) Her fleas.
3. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
(c) Prickly pears.
4. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
(a) The sky.
(b) Boesman's back.
(c) The children.
(d) The churches.
5. Who says, "You don't like it when somebody else laughs. Well, you laughed at me for nothing"?
6. What does "Babalas" mean?
(a) Hysterical laughter.
(c) Drunken stupor.
7. What does "kaalgat" mean?
8. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
(a) Give up dancing.
(b) Stop singing.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Leave Boesman.
9. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Hang herself.
(b) Drown herself.
(c) Load up and walk somewhere else.
(d) Find a man who loves her.
10. What does Boesman say that Outa will do?
(a) Steal their money.
(b) Kill them in the night.
(d) Bring the others.
11. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's strong.
(b) It's cowardly.
(c) It's empty.
(d) It's broken.
12. What shoes are Lena and Boesman wearing?
(b) Worn-out loafers.
13. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
(a) The bats.
(b) The rainbow.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The birds.
14. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
15. What is "soeterigheid"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language to Boesman and Lena speak?
2. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
3. How old are Lena and Boesman?
4. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
5. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)