|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
2. What does Lena say that the tea is?
(a) Sweet and warm.
(b) Bitter and brown.
3. What does "kaalgat" mean?
4. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
(a) The water bottles.
(b) The sky.
(c) The wine bottles.
(d) The fire.
5. What name does Lena want to have?
6. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Load up and walk somewhere else.
(b) Find a man who loves her.
(c) Hang herself.
(d) Drown herself.
7. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Gone with them.
(b) Burned down the house.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Borrowed their clothes.
8. What does "donnered" mean?
9. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
(a) Asking questions.
(b) Making dinner.
(c) Not remembering the route.
(d) Saluting the soldier.
10. What does "skof" mean?
(d) To walk.
11. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
(a) Too slow.
12. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
(a) What are you doing tomorrow?
(b) I need a rest.
(c) Where does it hurt?
(d) I walked long yesterday.
13. What does Lena meet the memory of on the old roads?
(c) The dog.
14. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The birds.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The sky.
(d) The bats.
15. Which character carries a mattress?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
2. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
3. What did the Boer have on the farm?
4. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
5. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)