|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much were the bottles worth that were broken?
2. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
(a) Her fleas.
(b) Her scabs.
(c) Her bruises.
(d) Her bottles.
3. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
4. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
5. How old are Lena and Boesman?
6. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
(a) Another homeless man.
(b) Another roadside attraction.
(c) Another rotten house for rotten people.
(d) A way home.
7. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
(a) Shoves him off his seat.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Gives him water.
(d) Gives him wine.
8. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
(d) Too slow.
9. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
(a) Making dinner.
(b) Not remembering the route.
(c) Saluting the soldier.
(d) Asking questions.
10. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's broken.
(b) It's cowardly.
(c) It's empty.
(d) It's strong.
11. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
(a) Sleep in the shack with them.
(c) Go away.
12. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
(a) Makes a trap with it.
(b) Builds a lean-to.
(c) Uses it for the fire.
(d) Hits Lena.
13. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) A sound of relief.
(b) A pleasant greeting.
(c) An obscenity.
(d) An endearment.
14. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
(a) I need a rest.
(b) Where does it hurt?
(c) I walked long yesterday.
(d) What are you doing tomorrow?
15. What does Lena use to block the fire from the wind?
(a) The corrugated iron.
(c) The wine.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Babalas" mean?
2. What does Lena show to Outa?
3. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
4. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
5. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)