|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Lena and Boesman?
2. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
(a) A way home.
(b) Another rotten house for rotten people.
(c) Another homeless man.
(d) Another roadside attraction.
3. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
(a) Prickly pears.
4. Which character appears first in Act 1?
5. What does Lena say that Boesman gets when other people laugh at him beating her?
6. What is a pondok?
(a) A battlefield.
(b) A church.
(c) A prison.
(d) A shack.
7. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
(a) A dog.
(b) A dop.
(d) A washcloth.
8. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Drown herself.
(b) Load up and walk somewhere else.
(c) Find a man who loves her.
(d) Hang herself.
9. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Boer.
(b) A Korsten.
(c) The Chinese man.
(d) A Zulu.
10. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
(a) He'll be shot.
(b) She'll find another man.
(c) He'll be hanged.
(d) He will fall apart.
11. Who says, "It won't last long, but it's big enough. Not much to see. This is all. This is mine"?
12. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
(b) Too slow.
13. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
(a) To stay.
(b) To buy wine.
(c) To cook.
(d) To go.
14. Lena says, "When I want to cry, you want to" what?
15. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
2. What does Boesman do with his bread?
3. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
4. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
5. What does Lena tell Outa she's not so good at?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)