|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "donnered" mean?
2. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) A sound of relief.
(b) An obscenity.
(c) An endearment.
(d) A pleasant greeting.
3. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
(a) Not remembering the route.
(b) Saluting the soldier.
(c) Making dinner.
(d) Asking questions.
4. Who goes into the shelter at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
(a) The rainbow.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The bats.
(d) The birds.
6. What name does Lena want to have?
7. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
8. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
9. Who says, "It won't last long, but it's big enough. Not much to see. This is all. This is mine"?
10. How old are Lena and Boesman?
11. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's strong.
(b) It's cowardly.
(c) It's broken.
(d) It's empty.
12. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning?
(a) For dropping biscuits.
(b) For dropping bottles.
(c) For walking too slow.
(d) For chasing the dog.
13. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
(a) To stay.
(b) To go.
(c) To cook.
(d) To buy wine.
14. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her son.
15. What does "oppas" mean?
(a) Stop talking.
(b) Watch out.
(c) Look up.
(d) Here I am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
2. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
3. Where does Lena tell Outa they've come from?
4. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
5. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)