|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
(a) Sings and dances.
(b) Builds the shelter.
(c) Cooks prawns.
(d) Washes clothes.
2. What was the first leg of Boesman and Lena's travels?
(a) Coega to Veelplaas.
(b) Missionvale to Redhouse.
(c) Coeaga to Redhouse.
(d) Redhouse to Veelplaas.
3. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Korsten.
(b) A Zulu.
(c) The Chinese man.
(d) A Boer.
4. Who says, "This is the time and place. To hell with the others. They're finished, and mixed up anyway"?
5. What is a "Trickey-draai"?
(a) Hard worker.
(b) Country song.
(c) Lively dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Dead men are dangerous. You'd better get rid of it"?
2. Who says, "When you make a hole in your face the noise that comes out is as good as nothing, because nobody hears it"?
3. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
4. What does Lena call Boesman for what he does to the shelter?
5. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)