|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
2. What does the phrase "pap ou borste, ribbetjies" mean?
(a) Shrunken breasts, thin ribs.
(b) Wandering slowly, in the night.
(c) Looking eastward, towards home.
(d) Fat and surly man.
3. What does Lena say to Boesman about the next time he wants to kill her?
(a) To leave.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To really do it.
(d) To find someone else.
4. What does Boesman say the dead man is?
(d) Good luck.
5. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
2. What does "vlenterbroek" mean?
3. What does "vark" mean?
4. What does Boesman imitate to irritate Lena?
5. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)