|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "naar" mean?
2. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
(a) The sky.
(b) The churches.
(c) Boesman's back.
(d) The children.
3. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The sky.
(c) The bats.
(d) The birds.
4. Who says, "Can't we say goodbye? We'll have to do it one day. It's not for ever. Come on. Let's say it now. Goodbye!"?
5. What does Lena refer to as "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday"?
(a) All the regrets.
(b) All yesterdays.
(c) All tomorrows.
(d) All the Happies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Boer have on the farm?
2. Fill in the blank: "That's not a pondok, Boesman. It's a _____."
3. What does Lena mean when she says "Vuka!" to Outa?
4. Who says, "There's only me. All you've got is me and I'm saying 'Sies!'"?
5. What did Lena find when she went into the dark to find shelter materials?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)