|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character appears first in Act 1?
2. What did Lena ask the white family if they needed?
(a) A kitten.
(b) Broken bottles.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A maid.
3. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
(a) A washcloth.
(b) A dop.
(d) A dog.
4. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
5. What language does Outa speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
2. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
3. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
4. Who says, "It won't last long, but it's big enough. Not much to see. This is all. This is mine"?
5. What name does Lena want to have?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)