|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
(a) A washcloth.
(b) A dog.
(c) A dop.
2. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Zulu.
(b) The Chinese man.
(c) A Korsten.
(d) A Boer.
3. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
(a) Another roadside attraction.
(b) Another rotten house for rotten people.
(c) Another homeless man.
(d) A way home.
4. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
5. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
(a) He'll be hanged.
(b) He will fall apart.
(c) She'll find another man.
(d) He'll be shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
2. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
3. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
4. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
5. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)