|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's empty.
(b) It's strong.
(c) It's cowardly.
(d) It's broken.
2. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
(b) Pap nat.
3. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Boer.
(b) A Zulu.
(c) A Korsten.
(d) The Chinese man.
4. What does Lena clean from her toes?
5. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman do with his bread?
2. What is a pondok?
3. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
4. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
5. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)