|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "skof" mean?
(a) To walk.
2. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On his back.
(b) On his shoulders.
(c) On a wagon.
(d) On his head.
3. What is a pondok?
(a) A church.
(b) A prison.
(c) A battlefield.
(d) A shack.
4. What does "oppas" mean?
(a) Watch out.
(b) Stop talking.
(c) Here I am.
(d) Look up.
5. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
(a) Looted it.
(b) Raided it.
(c) Flooded it.
(d) Bulldozed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
2. What language does Outa speak?
3. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
4. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
5. What is the translation for "dop"?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)