|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
(a) I need a rest.
(b) What are you doing tomorrow?
(c) I walked long yesterday.
(d) Where does it hurt?
2. How long did Lena's child live?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten years.
3. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
4. What did Lena find when she went into the dark to find shelter materials?
(a) A few pieces of wood.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A piece of iron.
(d) A few bottles.
5. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a pondok?
2. Which character appears first in Act 1?
3. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
4. What does Lena say that the tea is?
5. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)