|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the translation for "dop"?
(b) Drink (of liquor).
2. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
3. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
(a) A way home.
(b) Another roadside attraction.
(c) Another homeless man.
(d) Another rotten house for rotten people.
4. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
(a) The rainbow.
(b) The birds.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The bats.
5. What is "soeterigheid"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena use to block the fire from the wind?
2. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
3. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
4. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
5. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)