|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena carry under her arm?
(a) A cooking pot.
(b) A mattress.
(c) A stove.
2. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
(a) The sky.
(b) The fire.
(c) The wine bottles.
(d) The water bottles.
3. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's strong.
(b) It's broken.
(c) It's empty.
(d) It's cowardly.
4. What did Lena ask the white family if they needed?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A maid.
(c) Broken bottles.
(d) A kitten.
5. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
2. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
3. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
4. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
5. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)