|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
(a) Prickly pears.
2. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On his head.
(b) On a wagon.
(c) On his back.
(d) On his shoulders.
3. Which character appears first in Act 1?
4. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
5. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's empty.
(b) It's cowardly.
(c) It's broken.
(d) It's strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
2. What does "Babalas" mean?
3. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
4. What is the translation for "dop"?
5. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)