|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her dog.
2. How does Lena carry her belongings?
(a) On her back.
(b) On a wagon.
(c) On her shoulders.
(d) On her head.
3. Which character appears first in Act 1?
4. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
(a) I walked long yesterday.
(b) What are you doing tomorrow?
(c) I need a rest.
(d) Where does it hurt?
5. What does Lena show to Outa?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her bruises.
(c) Her wine.
(d) Her food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
2. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
3. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
4. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
5. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)