|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The bats.
(c) The rainbow.
(d) The birds.
2. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
3. What does Lena carry under her arm?
(a) A stove.
(c) A cooking pot.
(d) A mattress.
4. What does Lena say about Boesman's heart?
(a) It's cowardly.
(b) It's broken.
(c) It's strong.
(d) It's empty.
5. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
(a) Makes a trap with it.
(b) Uses it for the fire.
(c) Hits Lena.
(d) Builds a lean-to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
2. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
3. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
4. What language does Outa speak?
5. What does Lena do after she says, "Maybe he sees us"?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)