|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena share with Outa?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her tent.
(d) Her food.
2. What does Boesman laugh at Lena for?
(a) Saluting the soldier.
(b) Making dinner.
(c) Not remembering the route.
(d) Asking questions.
3. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
(a) A black couple.
(b) A colored family.
(c) A white couple.
(d) A Chinaman.
4. What language does Outa speak?
5. What does Boesman do with his bread?
(a) Nibbles it slowly.
(b) Leaves it untouched.
(c) Gobbles it down.
(d) Throws it at the old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language to Boesman and Lena speak?
2. What does Lena clean from her toes?
3. Which character appears first in Act 1?
4. What does "kaalgat" mean?
5. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)