|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "baas" mean?
2. To whom does Lena say, "Why the hell you do it so soon? There's things I didn't tell you, man. And now this as well"?
3. What is "Swartkops?"
(a) A person.
(b) A building.
(c) A gem.
(d) A river.
4. What does "Babalas" mean?
(c) Hysterical laughter.
(d) Drunken stupor.
5. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
(a) To go.
(b) To buy wine.
(c) To stay.
(d) To cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "There's only me. All you've got is me and I'm saying 'Sies!'"?
2. How does Boesman carry his load?
3. What does Boesman finally tell Lena at the end of the play?
4. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
5. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)