|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the play take place?
(a) The 1990s.
(b) The 1800s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1960s.
2. What does Lena say Boesman should have done with their belongings this morning?
(a) Sold them.
(b) Taken them with him.
(c) Thrown them in the fire.
(d) Given them to the white man.
3. Which character carries a mattress?
4. What does Lena tell Outa she's not so good at?
(a) Making tea.
(b) Making a fire.
(d) Making shelter.
5. What does Lena beg Boesman to do in Act 2?
(a) To hit her.
(b) To steal money.
(c) To steal food.
(d) To stop crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
2. What is "Jou moer!"?
3. What does Lena take off the dead man and throw at Boesman?
4. How does Lena carry her belongings?
5. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)