|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Boer have on the farm?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A wagon.
2. Where does Boesman throw the bread in Act 2?
(a) Into the shelter.
(b) Into the darkness.
(c) At the old man.
(d) At Lena.
3. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
(a) To go.
(b) To buy wine.
(c) To cook.
(d) To stay.
4. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) An endearment.
(b) An obscenity.
(c) A pleasant greeting.
(d) A sound of relief.
5. What does Boesman tell Lena about the empties in Act 2?
(a) The the dog knocked them over.
(b) That he dropped them.
(c) That she was wrong to drop them.
(d) That they were worth nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a dronkie?
2. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
3. What does Lena say that Boesman left on the dead man?
4. What did Lena do when the bulldozers came?
5. What hurt Lena more than Boesman's beatings?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)