|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
2. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) The Chinese man.
(b) A Zulu.
(c) A Korsten.
(d) A Boer.
3. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
4. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Find a man who loves her.
(b) Hang herself.
(c) Drown herself.
(d) Load up and walk somewhere else.
5. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) A pleasant greeting.
(b) An obscenity.
(c) A sound of relief.
(d) An endearment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I want my life. Where is it"?
2. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
3. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
4. Which character appears first in Act 1?
5. How long did Lena's child live?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)