|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Burned down the house.
(b) Gone with them.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Borrowed their clothes.
2. Why does Lena say that Boesman admitted his wrong?
(a) To make her send Outa away.
(b) To ask for forgiveness.
(c) To make her laugh.
(d) To hurt her again.
3. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
(b) Go away.
(c) Sleep in the shack with them.
4. What does Boesman do to the shelter when Lena says she'll sleep there tonight?
(a) Empties it.
(b) Leaves it.
(c) Knocks it down.
(d) Lights it on fire.
5. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Drown herself.
(b) Find a man who loves her.
(c) Load up and walk somewhere else.
(d) Hang herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
2. What does Lena give to Outa after he sits?
3. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
4. What did the people scramble back to their shanties to gather?
5. What is the translation for "dog" in Africaan?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)