|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective describes Emma's praise for Claude's performance at the second concert?
2. When Lord Lightning learns that Reggie Phillips met Claude, how does Lord Lightning react?
3. What is Lady Powers' actual first name?
4. What do Claude and Frescobaldi play as the last piece of the second concert?
5. What causes Claude distress at the first concert venue with Frescobaldi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a situation in the story in which Claude acted in a way you disagree with. Describe the situation. Why does Claude act this way? What are the consequences of his actions? Why do you disagree with Claude's reaction to the situation? How would you have reacted? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Name a character, other than the main characters, who is important to the story. Why is the character important? Could the story have been written without this character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What clues or hints does the author provide that help prepare you for the ending of the story? Do you think these clues are important as you read the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)