|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the situation which causes Claude distress at the first concert venue?
2. Now that Claude has lived in Mr. Weisfeld's apartment for over a year, what else does Al do in addition to driving a taxi?
3. Why can't Lady and Claude adopt the baby which becomes available to them?
4. At what event does Claude meet Lady's parents?
5. Why is Lady upset when Claude finds her waiting for him outside his apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the social class and occupation of each character important? How does the economic, political, and social environment affect the lives of Emma and Claude and Lady Powers? Give examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In Body and Soul, we learn a great deal about Claude Rawlings. 1) List four adjectives that describe Claude's personality. Include an example from the story to explain each adjective. 2) What is a value or belief Claude has? 3) How does he act on this value or belief? 4) How does Claude change as the book progresses? 5) What causes Claude to change?
Essay Topic 3
Choose three events from the story which would be most unlikely to occur in real life. Give examples from the story to show how the realistic possibility of these events is achieved in the story.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)