|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine feel about her life since she has divorced her husband for his infidelity?
2. Where is the first concert date for Claude and Frescobaldi?
3. What kind of music does Claude play for Lady's friends at a party?
4. Why is money not a problem for Claude and Lady's future?
5. Who do Claude and the maestro meet after the first concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name a character, other than the main characters, who is important to the story. Why is the character important? Could the story have been written without this character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Body and Soul have a common appeal through its theme, plot, and characters? Describe a conflict, theme, or issue that is common to all people. Give examples from the story and current events to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Internal conflict affects different characters in the story. Choose a character who faces internal conflict. Explain what the conflict is, how the character attempts to resolve the internal conflict, if the conflict is resolved and how it is resolved, if the conflict is not resolved why it is not resolved, and what you learned about the character from the internal conflict. How does the resolution or lack of resolution of the internal conflict affect the character?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)