|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective describes Emma's praise for Claude's performance at the second concert?
2. Where do Claude and Frescobaldi go after lunch?
3. Where is the party at which Claude plays the piano for Lady's friends?
4. What kind of music does Claude play for Lady's friends at a party?
5. What is the atmosphere at the Powers' when Claude and Lady make their holiday visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author create the pace of the story? At what points does the story seem to slow down or speed up? At what points do obvious jumps in time occur? How does the author treat time gaps?
Essay Topic 2
Is the era in which Body and Soul takes place described authentically in the novel? How? Give examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Body and Soul have a common appeal through its theme, plot, and characters? Describe a conflict, theme, or issue that is common to all people. Give examples from the story and current events to support your answer.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)