|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady say to comfort Claude when he becomes upset after playing the piano for Lady's friends?
(a) Her friends know nothing about music.
(b) He saved a dying party.
(c) Someday he will make a lot of money for playing.
(d) She always cries when she hears that song.
2. What causes Claude distress at the first concert venue with Frescobaldi?
(a) Claude has an argument with Lady.
(b) Frescobaldi's instrument is damaged in transport.
(c) The piano is slightly out of tune.
(d) The stage hands have gone on strike.
3. Why does Mr. Weisfeld visit Claude in his dressing room before the second concert?
(a) To tell Claude that Frescobaldi is considering him as his permanent accompanist.
(b) To tell Claude he will not be able to watch the performance.
(c) To calm Claude's nerves.
(d) To give Claude a good luck charm.
4. What must Claude and Lady do when the birth mother of the child they are adopting hands Lady the baby?
(a) Put the baby in the bassinet next to the birth mother's bed.
(b) Hand the baby to the doctor.
(c) Leave immediately.
(d) Discuss the pregnancy with the birth mother.
5. What instrument does Frescobaldi play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What particular claim in Mr. Weisfeld's legal documents brings Claude out of his depression over Mr. Weisfeld's death?
2. How many years does the story skip between the end of Chapter 13 in Part 1 and the beginning of Chapter 14 in Part 2?
3. Why does Catherine refuse Claude's marriage proposal?
4. What is the result of the situation which causes Claude distress at the first concert venue?
5. Why is dinner at the Powers' home awkward for Claude?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)