|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Claude has lived in Mr. Weisfeld's apartment for over a year, what else does Al do in addition to driving a taxi?
(a) Works as a bouncer in a jazz club.
(b) Works as a skycap at the airport.
(c) Delivers newspapers.
(d) Works in the music store.
2. What gives Claude the opportunity to play with the London Symphony Orchestra?
(a) He won an audition.
(b) The conductor is a college friend of Claude.
(c) His latest piece won first place in a competition.
(d) Aldo Frescobaldi has requested it.
3. To what flower does Mr. Powers refer when he is discussing Claude's future plans with him?
4. When Claude rides in the cab that Al is driving and asks him about Emma, what does Al tell Claude about Emma?
(a) Emma is in the hospital in an alcohol rehabilitation program.
(b) Emma is doing well.
(c) Emma is struggling with depression.
(d) Emma wants to hear from Claude.
5. Where is the party at which Claude plays the piano for Lady's friends?
(a) Senator Barnes' campaign headquarters.
(b) A club near Lady's home.
(c) A mansion of one of Lady's friends.
(d) Lady's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Powers discover about Claude's father when he hires a private investigator to look into Claude's past?
2. Where do Frescobaldi and Claude first meet to practice?
3. In what year is Claude at college when he meets "Lady" Powers?
4. How are Lady and Catherine Fisk related?
5. What instrument does Frescobaldi play?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)