|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the party at which Claude plays the piano for Lady's friends?
(a) A mansion of one of Lady's friends.
(b) Lady's home.
(c) Senator Barnes' campaign headquarters.
(d) A club near Lady's home.
2. Who assures Claude in a telegram of attending Claude's concert?
(b) Mr. Fredericks.
(c) Aldo Frescobaldi.
(d) Ivan Andrews.
3. What type of college does Lady attend?
(a) Musical conservatory.
4. Why is dinner at the Powers' home awkward for Claude?
(a) Lady is called away from dinner.
(b) Lady's parents ignore him.
(c) Claude doesn't know about dinner etiquette.
(d) Claude is the center of conversation at the dinner table.
5. Who abuses Catherine when she is a child?
(a) Peter's best friend.
(b) Peter Fisk.
(c) Mr. Fisk.
(d) Senator Barnes.
6. Who first brings up the topic of adoption?
(b) Claude's mother.
(c) Lady's mother.
7. How many years have passed between the end of Chapter 16 in Part 2 and the beginning of Chapter 17 in Part 3?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six years.
8. What is Lady Powers' actual first name?
9. Who do Claude and the maestro meet after the first concert?
(a) Union organizers.
(b) Record producers.
(c) The press.
(d) The mayor.
10. To what flower does Mr. Powers refer when he is discussing Claude's future plans with him?
11. Why does Catherine refuse Claude's marriage proposal?
(a) Claude is still in love with Lady.
(b) Claude is still despondent over Mr. Weisfeld's death.
(c) Catherine is in love with someone else.
(d) She knows Claude's life is music.
12. What does Claude learn when he returns a call from Otto Levits?
(a) He has received a recording contract.
(b) Mr. Fredericks has died.
(c) Aldo Frescobaldi has requested to play with Claude again.
(d) He has been offered a permanent position with the Philadelphia Orchestra.
13. How does Lord Lightning feel about keeping quiet that he is Claude's father?
14. What does Mr. Powers tell Claude about Claude's future plans?
(a) He is not impressed.
(b) He wants him to stay away from Lady.
(c) He has a bright future ahead of him.
(d) He will help in any way he can.
15. Why is the second concert performance unique for Emma?
(a) It is the first time Emma has worn such formal clothing.
(b) It is the first time Emma has seen Claude perform.
(c) She has driven people to concerts but has never been in a concert hall.
(d) She is not used to being treated so respectfully.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Claude at the train station when he goes to spend the weekend at the Powers'?
2. Now that Claude has lived in Mr. Weisfeld's apartment for over a year, what else does Al do in addition to driving a taxi?
3. Who tells Claude to be careful of people like Mr. and Mrs. Powers?
4. What must Claude and Lady do when the birth mother of the child they are adopting hands Lady the baby?
5. As they wait for Frescobaldi's plane to London, what does Frescobaldi give advice to Claude about?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)