|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lady informs Claude that she has signed their divorce papers, what does Claude wish for Lady?
(a) That someone treats her the way she treated him.
(b) That she still loves him.
(c) That she reconciles with her parents.
(d) That she finds direction in her life.
2. Where does Lord Lightning sit when he attends Claude's concert?
(a) In the balcony.
(b) First row center seat.
(d) Last row aisle seat.
3. When Claude rides in the cab that Al is driving and asks him about Emma, what does Al tell Claude about Emma?
(a) Emma wants to hear from Claude.
(b) Emma is struggling with depression.
(c) Emma is doing well.
(d) Emma is in the hospital in an alcohol rehabilitation program.
4. How does Lord Lightning feel about keeping quiet that he is Claude's father?
5. How many years does the story skip between the end of Chapter 13 in Part 1 and the beginning of Chapter 14 in Part 2?
6. As they wait for Frescobaldi's plane to London, what does Frescobaldi give advice to Claude about?
(a) His music.
(b) His mother.
(c) Mr. Levits.
7. Where does Claude first meet Reggie Phillips?
(a) At Claude's hotel.
(b) In a jazz club.
(c) At the concert hall.
(d) At a recording studio.
8. During the evening at the Powers' home, what does Mr. Powers ask Claude about?
(a) His family background.
(b) His intentions toward Lady.
(c) His political viewpoint.
(d) His musical career.
9. At what event does Claude meet Lady's parents?
(a) Parents' night at Lady's college.
(b) One of Claude's concerts.
(c) A homecoming celebration.
10. What is Lady Powers' actual first name?
11. What gives Claude the opportunity to play with the London Symphony Orchestra?
(a) He won an audition.
(b) Aldo Frescobaldi has requested it.
(c) His latest piece won first place in a competition.
(d) The conductor is a college friend of Claude.
12. Why is the second concert performance unique for Emma?
(a) It is the first time Emma has seen Claude perform.
(b) She is not used to being treated so respectfully.
(c) She has driven people to concerts but has never been in a concert hall.
(d) It is the first time Emma has worn such formal clothing.
13. Who do Claude and the maestro meet after the first concert?
(a) The press.
(b) Record producers.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Union organizers.
14. Why can't Lady and Claude adopt the baby which becomes available to them?
(a) The birth mother changes her mind.
(b) The adoption paperwork is lost.
(c) The baby dies.
(d) Lady and the birth mother know each other.
15. Where do Frescobaldi and Claude first meet to practice?
(a) At the first concert venue.
(b) Carnegie Hall.
(c) Mr. Weisfeld's music store.
(d) Mr. Fredericks' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Claude that the famous musician Aldo Frescobaldi needs a temporary pianist?
2. Where is the Powers' home?
3. What does Mr. Powers discover about Claude's father when he hires a private investigator to look into Claude's past?
4. Why is money not a problem for Claude and Lady's future?
5. Where is the party at which Claude plays the piano for Lady's friends?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)