|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Claude and Lady relax before dinner?
(a) Riding horses.
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) Going for a walk.
2. When Lady informs Claude that she has signed their divorce papers, what does Claude wish for Lady?
(a) That she still loves him.
(b) That she finds direction in her life.
(c) That someone treats her the way she treated him.
(d) That she reconciles with her parents.
3. Where is the first concert date for Claude and Frescobaldi?
(b) Carnegie Hall, New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. Why is Lady upset when Claude finds her waiting for him outside his apartment?
(a) Lady's parents fought about her relationship with Claude.
(b) Claude was extremely late getting home from the concert.
(c) Lady had an argument with Claude's mother.
(d) Claude missed their date.
5. How does Lord Lightning feel about keeping quiet that he is Claude's father?
6. What causes Claude distress at the first concert venue with Frescobaldi?
(a) The stage hands have gone on strike.
(b) Claude has an argument with Lady.
(c) Frescobaldi's instrument is damaged in transport.
(d) The piano is slightly out of tune.
7. Who helps Claude fight the city government when it wants to tear down the building housing the music store?
(a) Mr. Powers.
(b) Mr. Larkin.
(c) Mr. Fredericks.
(d) Senator Barnes.
8. What does Senator Barnes advise Lady regarding her parents?
(a) Defend Claude when they treat him poorly.
(b) Avoid them.
(c) Reconcile with them.
(d) Scold her parents.
9. When Lord Lightning learns that Reggie Phillips met Claude, how does Lord Lightning react?
(a) With shame.
(b) With relief.
10. What happens to Frescobaldi's regular accompanist?
(a) He has a family emergency.
(b) He quit after arguing with Frescobaldi.
(c) He broke his arm.
(d) He has the flu.
11. How are Lady and Catherine Fisk related?
(b) Second cousins.
(c) First cousins.
(d) Catherine is Lady's aunt.
12. What gives Claude the opportunity to play with the London Symphony Orchestra?
(a) His latest piece won first place in a competition.
(b) The conductor is a college friend of Claude.
(c) Aldo Frescobaldi has requested it.
(d) He won an audition.
13. What does Mr. Levits tell Claude regarding Frescobaldi's nature?
(a) He is flamboyant.
(b) He has a temper.
(c) He sticks to a tight routine.
(d) He is a recluse.
14. Where does Claude first meet Reggie Phillips?
(a) At Claude's hotel.
(b) At the concert hall.
(c) In a jazz club.
(d) At a recording studio.
15. Where is the party at which Claude plays the piano for Lady's friends?
(a) A mansion of one of Lady's friends.
(b) Lady's home.
(c) A club near Lady's home.
(d) Senator Barnes' campaign headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to calm Claude when he demands information from his mother about his father?
2. Where does Claude meet Lady?
3. Why is Claude upset after he plays the piano for Lady's friends?
4. How does Catherine feel about her life since she has divorced her husband for his infidelity?
5. How does Lord Lightning feel when Claude asks to meet him at the Castle Jazz Club?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)