|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lord Lightning feel when Claude asks to meet him at the Castle Jazz Club?
2. Where does Lord Lightning sit when he attends Claude's concert?
(a) In the balcony.
(b) First row center seat.
(d) Last row aisle seat.
3. When Lady informs Claude that she has signed their divorce papers, what does Claude wish for Lady?
(a) That she still loves him.
(b) That someone treats her the way she treated him.
(c) That she finds direction in her life.
(d) That she reconciles with her parents.
4. How are Lady and Catherine Fisk related?
(b) Catherine is Lady's aunt.
(c) First cousins.
(d) Second cousins.
5. What does Mr. Powers tell Claude about Claude's future plans?
(a) He wants him to stay away from Lady.
(b) He is not impressed.
(c) He will help in any way he can.
(d) He has a bright future ahead of him.
6. In what year is Claude at college when he meets "Lady" Powers?
(a) A graduate student.
7. What does Mr. Powers discover about Claude's father when he hires a private investigator to look into Claude's past?
(a) Claude's father is one of three men.
(b) There is no record of Claude's father.
(c) Claude's father is a negro.
(d) Claude's father never returned from the war.
8. What does Senator Barnes advise Lady regarding her parents?
(a) Avoid them.
(b) Scold her parents.
(c) Reconcile with them.
(d) Defend Claude when they treat him poorly.
9. Where is the Powers' home?
(a) Manhattan Island.
(b) Long Beach Island.
(c) Long Island.
(d) Staten Island.
10. Why does Catherine refuse Claude's marriage proposal?
(a) She knows Claude's life is music.
(b) Catherine is in love with someone else.
(c) Claude is still in love with Lady.
(d) Claude is still despondent over Mr. Weisfeld's death.
11. Why is Claude late for a doctor's appointment after Lady leaves the house?
(a) He argues with Lady.
(b) He oversleeps.
(c) He gets involved in his music.
(d) He needs to help Emma through a crisis.
12. What must Claude and Lady do when the birth mother of the child they are adopting hands Lady the baby?
(a) Discuss the pregnancy with the birth mother.
(b) Put the baby in the bassinet next to the birth mother's bed.
(c) Hand the baby to the doctor.
(d) Leave immediately.
13. Where does Claude stay while he visits the Powers' home?
(a) With a friend of Lady.
(b) Guest cottage.
(d) A suite in the Powers' home.
14. How does Catherine feel about her life since she has divorced her husband for his infidelity?
15. How many years have passed between the end of Chapter 16 in Part 2 and the beginning of Chapter 17 in Part 3?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does the story skip between the end of Chapter 13 in Part 1 and the beginning of Chapter 14 in Part 2?
2. Where is the party at which Claude plays the piano for Lady's friends?
3. Who helps Claude fight the city government when it wants to tear down the building housing the music store?
4. Where does Claude first meet Reggie Phillips?
5. As they wait for Frescobaldi's plane to London, what does Frescobaldi give advice to Claude about?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)