|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Catherine refuse Claude's marriage proposal?
(a) Claude is still despondent over Mr. Weisfeld's death.
(b) Catherine is in love with someone else.
(c) She knows Claude's life is music.
(d) Claude is still in love with Lady.
2. Where does Claude first meet Reggie Phillips?
(a) At a recording studio.
(b) At the concert hall.
(c) At Claude's hotel.
(d) In a jazz club.
3. Where does Claude meet Lady?
(a) At a party.
(b) In a class.
(c) At the library.
(d) At a dance.
4. How does Lord Lightning feel about keeping quiet that he is Claude's father?
5. When Lady informs Claude that she has signed their divorce papers, what does Claude wish for Lady?
(a) That she finds direction in her life.
(b) That someone treats her the way she treated him.
(c) That she still loves him.
(d) That she reconciles with her parents.
6. As they wait for Frescobaldi's plane to London, what does Frescobaldi give advice to Claude about?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Levits.
(d) His music.
7. What does Lady say to comfort Claude when he becomes upset after playing the piano for Lady's friends?
(a) He saved a dying party.
(b) Someday he will make a lot of money for playing.
(c) She always cries when she hears that song.
(d) Her friends know nothing about music.
8. When Claude receives an invitation to spend a weekend with the Powers', how does Mr. Weisfeld help him?
(a) Loans him money.
(b) Teaches him etiquette.
(c) Reassures him of his abilities to socialize.
(d) Drives him to the train station.
9. Who do Claude and the maestro meet after the first concert?
(a) The press.
(b) Union organizers.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Record producers.
10. Where is the Powers' home?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) Long Beach Island.
(c) Long Island.
(d) Manhattan Island.
11. What instrument does Frescobaldi play?
12. Why is money not a problem for Claude and Lady's future?
(a) Lady has a substantial trust fund.
(b) Mrs. Powers invites Claude and Lady to live with them until Claude finds a steady job.
(c) Mr. Weisfeld sells his music store to Claude.
(d) Claude receives a lucrative performance contract.
13. Where is Emma when Claude leaves Mr. Weisfeld's apartment to go to London?
(a) In the music store.
(b) In Mr. Weisfeld's apartment.
(c) Driving her cab.
(d) In the hospital.
14. How does Catherine know Claude is in London?
(a) She asked Otto Levits to inform her when Claude played in Europe.
(b) Ivan Andrews sent a telegram informing her.
(c) She saw his name on the marquee outside the concert hall.
(d) She saw his name in the newspaper.
15. What type of college does Lady attend?
(b) Musical conservatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective describes Emma's praise for Claude's performance at the second concert?
2. To what flower does Mr. Powers refer when he is discussing Claude's future plans with him?
3. What does Mr. Weisfeld talk to Claude about the night before Mr. Weisfeld dies?
4. Where is the first concert date for Claude and Frescobaldi?
5. Where do Frescobaldi and Claude first meet to practice?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)