|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 20, 21, and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude feel about Catherine?
(a) He thinks of her as his best friend.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He cruelly teases her.
(d) He is love struck.
2. Who meets Claude at the train station when he goes to spend the weekend at the Powers'?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Powers.
(c) Senator Barnes.
(d) The Powers' chauffeur.
3. After Emma is released from government surveillance, what does she send to official agencies?
(a) Letters of complaint.
(b) Evidence that proves her innocence.
(c) Letters with the names of communist sympathizers.
(d) Job applications.
4. What does Claude decide to do regarding the intimate relationship that has developed between his mother and Al Johnson?
(a) Try to keep Al and his mother apart.
(b) Ignore the relationship.
(c) Support Al and his mother.
(d) Leave home.
5. Regarding Claude's father, what does Emma ask Claude not to do?
(a) Look for him.
(b) Ask about him.
(c) Send letters to him.
(d) Tell anyone about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Peter Fisk play?
2. Where does Claude sit in relation to the other children in the children's section of the movie theater?
3. Whom does Catherine confide in before she leaves to elope?
4. What does Claude ask Catherine to do in a letter he sends her?
5. What business arrangement does Claude enter into with Al Johnson, a maintenance man?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)