|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Lady's friends feel about Claude when he plays the piano at a party?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are amused.
(c) They ask him to leave.
(d) They ignore him.
2. Why does Claude choose to keep a quiet demeanor in school?
(a) He struggles to keep up with the class.
(b) He doesn't want anyone asking about his father.
(c) He is afraid of being punished by his mother.
(d) He is embarrassed about his poverty.
3. Who coaches Claude after he gets the job as temporary pianist for Aldo Frescobaldi?
(b) Mr. Fredericks.
(d) Mr. Weisfeld.
4. What does Claude notice about his mother since Al Johnson is spending more time with her?
(a) She is calmer.
(b) She is more unstable.
(c) She is less forgetful.
(d) She is more depressed.
5. What is currently in the room shown to Claude by Peter Fisk?
(a) War paraphernalia.
(b) Exotic plants.
(c) Electric trains.
(d) A grand piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claude begin to go to the movies?
2. What does Claude's mother do when she comes home from her job of driving a taxi?
3. How does Catherine treat Claude at the Bentley School dance?
4. Whom does Catherine confide in before she leaves to elope?
5. Where do Frescobaldi and Claude first meet to practice?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)