|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to calm Claude when he demands information from his mother about his father?
(a) Mr. Weisfeld.
(b) Al Johnson.
(c) Aldo Frescobaldi.
2. In what year is Claude at college when he meets "Lady" Powers?
(a) A graduate student.
3. In addition to Peter Fisk, whom does Claude accompany at a dinner party for a large group of influential people in the Fisk home?
(a) Mr. Fisk.
(b) Ivan Andrews.
(c) Mrs. Fisk.
4. Why does Claude need to fill in for a pianist who is supposed to perform at the music festival?
(a) The pianist gets stage fright.
(b) The pianist breaks three fingers in a fight.
(c) The pianist gets the flu.
(d) The pianist leaves for a family emergency.
5. What does Claude's mother do when she comes home from her job of driving a taxi?
(a) Gives piano lessons.
(b) Reads to Claude.
(c) Drinks beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Claude that Catherine has eloped?
2. When Lady tells Senator Barnes her decision regarding his advice about her parents, how does he feel?
3. What does Lady do when Claude becomes depressed over Mr. Weisfeld's death?
4. What do Claude and Frescobaldi play as the last piece of the second concert?
5. Where is the music festival held at which Mr. Fredericks wants Claude to play?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)