|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Claude to a piano performance at Carnegie Hall?
(a) Victor Wolff.
(b) Mr. Weisfeld.
(c) Mrs. Fisk.
(d) Mr. Fredericks.
2. After Claude wakes Mr. Weisfeld during the night, what does he do for Mr. Weisfeld?
(a) Calms him.
(b) Chases away the intruders.
(c) Plays his new composition.
(d) Puts out the fire.
3. Why does Mr. Weisfeld react the way he does when Claude wakes him in the middle of the night?
(a) He knows how hard Claude has worked.
(b) He knows he taught Claude better manners.
(c) The store is all Mr. Weisfeld has.
(d) He thinks he has been found by Nazis.
4. What does Senator Barnes advise Lady regarding her parents?
(a) Reconcile with them.
(b) Defend Claude when they treat him poorly.
(c) Scold her parents.
(d) Avoid them.
5. To what flower does Mr. Powers refer when he is discussing Claude's future plans with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Senator Barnes related to Lady?
2. What does Mr. Weisfeld talk to Claude about the night before Mr. Weisfeld dies?
3. What is Claude able to do now that he works in Mr. Weisfeld's music store?
4. On the ride home from the dance, what does Claude ask Catherine?
5. What does Lady say to comfort Claude when he becomes upset after playing the piano for Lady's friends?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)