|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Claude's performance when he fills in for the pianist?
(a) It is a failure.
(b) He receives a lukewarm response from the audience.
(c) The audience praises him, but he thinks he can do better.
(d) It is a success.
2. According to Emma, what happens to Claude's father?
(a) Claude's father died.
(b) Emma doesn't know what happened to Claude's father.
(c) Claude's father went to the war.
(d) Emma doesn't know who Claude's father is.
3. What is Claude's physique as a young boy?
(c) Deformed as a result of a birth defect.
4. Why does the Fisk housekeeper give Claude the item while he waits for Catherine to go to the dance?
(a) To help him relax.
(b) As a warning.
(c) For good luck.
(d) As a sign of friendship.
5. How do Lady's friends feel about Claude when he plays the piano at a party?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They are amused.
(c) They ask him to leave.
(d) They are impressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Claude distress at the first concert venue with Frescobaldi?
2. Whom does Catherine confide in before she leaves to elope?
3. Where does the driver drop off Claude after the dance?
4. What must Claude and Lady do when the birth mother of the child they are adopting hands Lady the baby?
5. What kind of music does Claude play for Lady's friends at a party?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)