|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Claude to a piano performance at Carnegie Hall?
(a) Mr. Fredericks.
(b) Mr. Weisfeld.
(c) Mrs. Fisk.
(d) Victor Wolff.
2. Where is the music festival held at which Mr. Fredericks wants Claude to play?
3. Where does Claude meet Lady?
(a) At a party.
(b) At the library.
(c) At a dance.
(d) In a class.
4. Why is Claude late for a doctor's appointment after Lady leaves the house?
(a) He needs to help Emma through a crisis.
(b) He oversleeps.
(c) He argues with Lady.
(d) He gets involved in his music.
5. What item does the Fisk housekeeper give to Claude when he arrives to go to the dance with Catherine?
(a) A gold chain.
(b) A shiny pebble.
(c) A small wooden cross.
(d) A string of wooden beads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady do when Claude becomes depressed over Mr. Weisfeld's death?
2. What business arrangement does Claude enter into with Al Johnson, a maintenance man?
3. What is Lady's reaction to Claude's constant practicing to prepare for his performances with Frescobaldi?
4. What school accessory does Claude find under his seat at the movies?
5. When does Claude receive a telegram that Mr. Weisfeld cannot attend Claude's debut performance at the music festival?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)