|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business arrangement does Claude enter into with Al Johnson, a maintenance man?
(a) Claude plays the piano while Al plays the saxophone on a street corner.
(b) They split the money from collecting soda bottles in the garbage.
(c) They sell cleaning supplies.
(d) Claude helps Al with custodial work.
2. What is Claude's goal when he plays with Mr. Fredericks at the music festival?
(a) To impress the talent managers in the audience.
(b) To play better than Mr. Fredericks.
(c) To play perfectly.
(d) To overcome his stage fright.
3. What item does the Fisk housekeeper give to Claude when he arrives to go to the dance with Catherine?
(a) A small wooden cross.
(b) A shiny pebble.
(c) A gold chain.
(d) A string of wooden beads.
4. What instrument does Mrs. Fisk buy for her daughter, Catherine, in Mr. Weisfeld's music store?
(a) A violin.
(b) A harp.
(c) A flute.
(d) A viola.
5. How old is Claude when he begins to go to the movies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claude want to attend a regular university instead of a musical conservatory?
2. Where does Claude discover an old piano?
3. What adjective could be used to describe Claude's life before he goes to school?
4. In addition to Peter Fisk, whom does Claude accompany at a dinner party for a large group of influential people in the Fisk home?
5. Even though Peter's playing is basic and unspirited, why does Claude enjoy accompanying him?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)