|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claude begin to go to the movies?
(a) As a diversion.
(b) His friends convince him to go.
(c) To hear the music played with the movie.
(d) He likes a girl who works there.
2. Why does Claude want to attend a regular university instead of a musical conservatory?
(a) All of his friends will be attending regular universities.
(b) There are no musical conservatories close enough to his home so he can care for his mother.
(c) He wants a well-rounded education.
(d) A regular university is less expensive than a musical conservatory.
3. Where does Claude sit in relation to the other children in the children's section of the movie theater?
(a) He sits in the most crowded part.
(b) He sits just on the edge of the crowd of children.
(c) As far away from them as possible.
(d) He waits until someone invites him to sit.
4. What does Claude notice about his mother since Al Johnson is spending more time with her?
(a) She is less forgetful.
(b) She is more unstable.
(c) She is more depressed.
(d) She is calmer.
5. What does Claude ask Catherine to do in a letter he sends her?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To watch over his mother while he is at the music festival.
(c) To play a duet with him at the music festival.
(d) To be his guest at the music festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business arrangement does Claude enter into with Al Johnson, a maintenance man?
2. Where does Mr. Fredericks live?
3. What happens when Emma receives occasional phone calls during the night?
4. How does Mr. Weisfeld react when Claude rushes from the basement of the music store and wakes Mr. Weisfeld in his apartment in the middle of the night?
5. How does Catherine feel about Claude when he comes to accompany Peter?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)