|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claude need to fill in for a pianist who is supposed to perform at the music festival?
(a) The pianist breaks three fingers in a fight.
(b) The pianist gets the flu.
(c) The pianist leaves for a family emergency.
(d) The pianist gets stage fright.
2. During what era does Body and Soul begin?
(a) Pre World War I.
(b) During the Jazz Age.
(c) During the Great Depression.
(d) Post World War II.
3. What is Claude's goal when he plays with Mr. Fredericks at the music festival?
(a) To overcome his stage fright.
(b) To impress the talent managers in the audience.
(c) To play better than Mr. Fredericks.
(d) To play perfectly.
4. Why does Claude dress in a suit and tie for his first session accompanying Peter Fisk at the Fisk home?
(a) Mrs. Fisk instructed Claude to dress formally.
(b) An important musician will be observing the session.
(c) Claude knows Mr. Fisk is an influential politician.
(d) Claude wants to impress Catherine.
5. How does Catherine feel about Claude when he comes to accompany Peter?
(a) She has a secret crush on him.
(b) She aggressively pursues him.
(c) She looks down on him.
(d) She thinks of him as her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Peter Fisk play?
2. How does Claude make sure that the orchestra at the music festival knows what Mr. Fredericks wants?
3. In addition to Peter Fisk, whom does Claude accompany at a dinner party for a large group of influential people in the Fisk home?
4. How does Claude feel when he learns that Mr. Weisfeld can't attend his debut performance?
5. How does Claude feel about Catherine?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)