|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claude's initial reaction when he discovers his mother and Al Johnson have developed a more intimate relationship?
(a) He feels betrayed.
(b) He is overjoyed.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is angry.
2. What item does the Fisk housekeeper give to Claude when he arrives to go to the dance with Catherine?
(a) A shiny pebble.
(b) A small wooden cross.
(c) A string of wooden beads.
(d) A gold chain.
3. In addition to Peter Fisk, whom does Claude accompany at a dinner party for a large group of influential people in the Fisk home?
(a) Mrs. Fisk.
(c) Ivan Andrews.
(d) Mr. Fisk.
4. Why does Claude choose to keep a quiet demeanor in school?
(a) He doesn't want anyone asking about his father.
(b) He is afraid of being punished by his mother.
(c) He is embarrassed about his poverty.
(d) He struggles to keep up with the class.
5. In addition to the Bechstein piano, what else does the maestro include in his trust for Claude?
(a) The maestro's apartment.
(b) A music store.
(c) Funds for piano lessons.
(d) A college scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Claude to a piano performance at Carnegie Hall?
2. During what era does Body and Soul begin?
3. Where is Emma taken for questioning about her suspected communist activities?
4. Who do Claude and Emma discover belongs to the Communist Party?
5. Why does Claude rush from the basement of Mr. Weisfeld's music store to Mr. Weisfeld's apartment upstairs in the middle of the night?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)