|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is currently in the room shown to Claude by Peter Fisk?
(a) Electric trains.
(b) Exotic plants.
(c) War paraphernalia.
(d) A grand piano.
2. What can't Emma give to the attorney of the maestro's estate?
(a) The attorney fee.
(b) Claude's social security number.
(c) Her real name.
(d) Claude's birth certificate.
3. What does Claude do in the basement of Mr. Weisfeld's music store?
(a) Fixes instruments.
(b) Gives piano lessons.
(c) Composes and plays.
(d) Records his playing to send to record producers.
4. Why does Mr. Weisfeld react the way he does when Claude wakes him in the middle of the night?
(a) He thinks he has been found by Nazis.
(b) He knows how hard Claude has worked.
(c) He knows he taught Claude better manners.
(d) The store is all Mr. Weisfeld has.
5. What is Claude's initial reaction when he discovers his mother and Al Johnson have developed a more intimate relationship?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is overjoyed.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He feels betrayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Emma, what happens to Claude's father?
2. How does Claude feel when he receives an invitation from Catherine Fisk to the Bentley School mixer?
3. What used to be in the room that Peter Fisk shows Claude while he waits to go to the dance with Catherine?
4. What item does the Fisk housekeeper give to Claude when he arrives to go to the dance with Catherine?
5. How does Claude come to accompany Peter Fisk as he plays?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)