|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result after Claude studies the Schoenberg twelve-tone system?
(a) Claude writes his own music.
(b) Claude wants to drop out of school.
(c) Claude is asked to help market the new device.
(d) Mr. Schoenberg asks Claude to use the new system to perform new compositions.
2. What adjective could be used to describe Claude's life before he goes to school?
3. Why does Mrs. Fisk buy an instrument for Catherine in the music store?
(a) She hopes Catherine will like it.
(b) Catherine has been begging her mother for an instrument.
(c) Mrs. Fisk ordered Catherine to learn how to play.
(d) Catherine is tired of playing the piano.
4. How does Catherine feel about Claude when he comes to accompany Peter?
(a) She has a secret crush on him.
(b) She thinks of him as her best friend.
(c) She aggressively pursues him.
(d) She looks down on him.
5. What is Claude's initial reaction when he discovers his mother and Al Johnson have developed a more intimate relationship?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is overjoyed.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He feels betrayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the location of the apartment in which Claude lives with his mother important?
2. Who invites Claude to a piano performance at Carnegie Hall?
3. How old is Claude when he begins to go to the movies?
4. How does Claude feel about Catherine?
5. How does Mr. Weisfeld react when Claude rushes from the basement of the music store and wakes Mr. Weisfeld in his apartment in the middle of the night?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)