|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Weisfeld's opinion about Claude when he returns to Mr. Weisfeld's music store two weeks after he sells the Claude the piano lessons book?
(a) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude may be ill.
(b) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude is gifted.
(c) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude needs adult supervision.
(d) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude is going to give up.
2. When Emma stops going to work, what does Al Johnson do at Claude's request?
(a) Loans Emma money.
(b) Gets Emma a new job.
(c) Speaks to Emma about her problems.
(d) Marries Emma.
3. Why does Claude choose to keep a quiet demeanor in school?
(a) He doesn't want anyone asking about his father.
(b) He is embarrassed about his poverty.
(c) He struggles to keep up with the class.
(d) He is afraid of being punished by his mother.
4. While Claude's mother is at work and Claude is on his own, how does he make spending money?
(a) He helps out in Mr. Weisfeld's store.
(b) He begs on the street corner.
(c) He finds coins that were dropped.
(d) He does odd jobs for elderly ladies in his apartment building.
5. What is the Schoenberg twelve-tone system?
(a) A new type of piano.
(b) A metronome.
(c) An emergency alert system.
(d) A method of music composition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding Claude's father, what does Emma ask Claude not to do?
2. Why can't Claude keep the Bechstein piano left to him by the maestro in his apartment?
3. In addition to Peter Fisk, whom does Claude accompany at a dinner party for a large group of influential people in the Fisk home?
4. How does Claude feel about Catherine?
5. What does Mr.Weisfeld want to ask Emma when he visits Claude after not seeing him for a week?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)