|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claude decide to do regarding the intimate relationship that has developed between his mother and Al Johnson?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Ignore the relationship.
(c) Support Al and his mother.
(d) Try to keep Al and his mother apart.
2. What can't Emma give to the attorney of the maestro's estate?
(a) Claude's social security number.
(b) The attorney fee.
(c) Her real name.
(d) Claude's birth certificate.
3. How does Claude come to accompany Peter Fisk as he plays?
(a) Claude needs the experience.
(b) Claude wants to talk to Mr. Fisk about Emma.
(c) Mrs. Fisk hires Claude.
(d) Claude and Peter are best friends.
4. On the ride home from the dance, what does Claude ask Catherine?
(a) If she will introduce him to a girl he saw at the dance.
(b) Why she treats him so poorly.
(c) Why she asked him to the dance.
(d) If she will be his girlfriend.
5. What does Claude do with the school accessory he finds under his seat at the movies?
(a) Keeps it for himself.
(b) Throws it away.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Returns it to its owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Claude keep the Bechstein piano left to him by the maestro in his apartment?
2. Where is Emma taken for questioning about her suspected communist activities?
3. What school accessory does Claude find under his seat at the movies?
4. What does Claude's mother do when she comes home from her job of driving a taxi?
5. How does Catherine treat Claude at the Bentley School dance?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)