|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the building is the apartment in which Claude lives with his mother?
(a) Third floor.
(b) Top floor.
(c) First floor.
2. Why does Claude dress in a suit and tie for his first session accompanying Peter Fisk at the Fisk home?
(a) An important musician will be observing the session.
(b) Claude wants to impress Catherine.
(c) Claude knows Mr. Fisk is an influential politician.
(d) Mrs. Fisk instructed Claude to dress formally.
3. When Emma stops going to work, what does Al Johnson do at Claude's request?
(a) Speaks to Emma about her problems.
(b) Loans Emma money.
(c) Marries Emma.
(d) Gets Emma a new job.
4. How does Claude feel about sitting in the children's section of the movie theater?
5. What is Mr. Weisfeld's opinion about Claude when he returns to Mr. Weisfeld's music store two weeks after he sells the Claude the piano lessons book?
(a) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude is going to give up.
(b) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude is gifted.
(c) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude may be ill.
(d) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude needs adult supervision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Claude and Emma discover belongs to the Communist Party?
2. What happens when Emma receives occasional phone calls during the night?
3. Why is the location of the apartment in which Claude lives with his mother important?
4. Who arranges for Claude to practice on a grand piano in the home of a famous retired maestro?
5. Where does Claude discover an old piano?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)