|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr.Weisfeld want to ask Emma when he visits Claude after not seeing him for a week?
(a) He wants to ask if Emma can drive Claude to a professional studio.
(b) He wants to ask if Claude can live with him and his wife.
(c) He wants to ask if he can give Claude advanced piano lessons.
(d) He wants to ask if Emma will work for him giving piano lessons.
2. What business arrangement does Claude enter into with Al Johnson, a maintenance man?
(a) Claude plays the piano while Al plays the saxophone on a street corner.
(b) Claude helps Al with custodial work.
(c) They split the money from collecting soda bottles in the garbage.
(d) They sell cleaning supplies.
3. Where is Emma taken for questioning about her suspected communist activities?
(a) Albany, NY.
(b) West Point, NY.
(c) Williamsburg, VA.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. During what era does Body and Soul begin?
(a) Pre World War I.
(b) Post World War II.
(c) During the Jazz Age.
(d) During the Great Depression.
5. Why does Claude begin to go to the movies?
(a) He likes a girl who works there.
(b) His friends convince him to go.
(c) As a diversion.
(d) To hear the music played with the movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Fisk buy an instrument for Catherine in the music store?
2. How does Catherine feel about Claude when he comes to accompany Peter?
3. What is Claude's physique as a young boy?
4. What does Claude's mother do when she comes home from her job of driving a taxi?
5. Where does Claude discover an old piano?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)