|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claude choose to keep a quiet demeanor in school?
(a) He is afraid of being punished by his mother.
(b) He struggles to keep up with the class.
(c) He doesn't want anyone asking about his father.
(d) He is embarrassed about his poverty.
2. What does Claude do with the school accessory he finds under his seat at the movies?
(a) Returns it to its owner.
(b) Sells it.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Keeps it for himself.
3. What does Mr.Weisfeld want to ask Emma when he visits Claude after not seeing him for a week?
(a) He wants to ask if Emma can drive Claude to a professional studio.
(b) He wants to ask if Emma will work for him giving piano lessons.
(c) He wants to ask if he can give Claude advanced piano lessons.
(d) He wants to ask if Claude can live with him and his wife.
4. What is Mr. Weisfeld's opinion about Claude when he returns to Mr. Weisfeld's music store two weeks after he sells the Claude the piano lessons book?
(a) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude needs adult supervision.
(b) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude may be ill.
(c) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude is going to give up.
(d) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude is gifted.
5. What organization suspects Emma of communist activities?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Emma give to the attorney of the maestro's estate?
2. Why is the location of the apartment in which Claude lives with his mother important?
3. What does Claude's mother do when she comes home from her job of driving a taxi?
4. Where does Claude sit in relation to the other children in the children's section of the movie theater?
5. How old is Claude when he begins to go to the movies?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)