|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school accessory does Claude find under his seat at the movies?
(a) A pencil case.
(b) A gym uniform.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A textbook.
2. Where is Emma taken for questioning about her suspected communist activities?
(a) West Point, NY.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Williamsburg, VA.
(d) Albany, NY.
3. Why is the location of the apartment in which Claude lives with his mother important?
(a) Claude can see most of the city from his apartment.
(b) Claude is afraid of heights.
(c) Claude realizes people are always going somewhere as he watches them pass.
(d) Claude likes to read the expressions on the faces of the people who pass.
4. Even though Peter's playing is basic and unspirited, why does Claude enjoy accompanying him?
(a) Because he is near Catherine.
(b) Because he can impress the famous musician who frequently observes the sessions.
(c) Because he has a chance to talk to Mr. Fisk about Emma.
(d) Because he is getting needed experience.
5. Where does Mr. Fredericks live?
(a) In a mansion on the Hudson River.
(b) In a beach house in the Hamptons.
(c) In an expensive townhouse in Brooklyn.
(d) In a penthouse in Manhattan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claude dress in a suit and tie for his first session accompanying Peter Fisk at the Fisk home?
2. How old is Claude Rawlings at the beginning of the novel?
3. How does Claude feel about sitting in the children's section of the movie theater?
4. How does Catherine feel about Claude when he comes to accompany Peter?
5. Who do Claude and Emma discover belongs to the Communist Party?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)