|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the status of Emma's job when she returns to New York City after being questioned about communist activities?
(a) Her cab has been impounded by the police.
(b) Her cab driver's license has been suspended.
(c) Her hours have been drastically cut.
(d) She has been fired.
2. Why does Claude begin to go to the movies?
(a) He likes a girl who works there.
(b) As a diversion.
(c) His friends convince him to go.
(d) To hear the music played with the movie.
3. Why does Emma return to New York City during the questioning process about her suspected communist activities?
(a) Claude becomes ill.
(b) She receives permission to leave.
(c) Her boss calls and tells her he needs her to come back to work.
(d) She is tired of being questioned.
4. Who keeps Claude company after his mother goes to bed when she comes home from work?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) No one.
(c) The building custodian.
(d) Claude's father.
5. Where does Claude sit in relation to the other children in the children's section of the movie theater?
(a) As far away from them as possible.
(b) He sits just on the edge of the crowd of children.
(c) He sits in the most crowded part.
(d) He waits until someone invites him to sit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claude do with the school accessory he finds under his seat at the movies?
2. What school accessory does Claude find under his seat at the movies?
3. Even though Peter's playing is basic and unspirited, why does Claude enjoy accompanying him?
4. When Emma stops going to work, what does Al Johnson do at Claude's request?
5. What business arrangement does Claude enter into with Al Johnson, a maintenance man?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)