|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude feel about sitting in the children's section of the movie theater?
2. When Emma stops going to work, what does Al Johnson do at Claude's request?
(a) Loans Emma money.
(b) Marries Emma.
(c) Gets Emma a new job.
(d) Speaks to Emma about her problems.
3. Where is the home of the maestro who allows Claude to practice on his grand piano?
(a) In the apartment building where Al Johnson is the maintenance man.
(b) In Claude's own apartment building.
(c) In the apartment building next to Claude's.
(d) Above Mr. Weisfeld's music store.
4. How does Claude come to accompany Peter Fisk as he plays?
(a) Mrs. Fisk hires Claude.
(b) Claude wants to talk to Mr. Fisk about Emma.
(c) Claude needs the experience.
(d) Claude and Peter are best friends.
5. What does Mr.Weisfeld want to ask Emma when he visits Claude after not seeing him for a week?
(a) He wants to ask if Emma will work for him giving piano lessons.
(b) He wants to ask if Claude can live with him and his wife.
(c) He wants to ask if he can give Claude advanced piano lessons.
(d) He wants to ask if Emma can drive Claude to a professional studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Peter Fisk play?
2. While Claude's mother is at work and Claude is on his own, how does he make spending money?
3. In addition to the Bechstein piano, what else does the maestro include in his trust for Claude?
4. What is Claude able to do now that he works in Mr. Weisfeld's music store?
5. Why does Mrs. Fisk buy an instrument for Catherine in the music store?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)