|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Emma taken for questioning about her suspected communist activities?
(a) Albany, NY.
(b) West Point, NY.
(c) Williamsburg, VA.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What school accessory does Claude find under his seat at the movies?
(a) A textbook.
(b) A gym uniform.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A pencil case.
3. While Claude's mother is at work and Claude is on his own, how does he make spending money?
(a) He helps out in Mr. Weisfeld's store.
(b) He begs on the street corner.
(c) He does odd jobs for elderly ladies in his apartment building.
(d) He finds coins that were dropped.
4. Who do Claude and Emma discover belongs to the Communist Party?
(a) Al Johnson.
(b) The neighbor with whom Claude occasionally stays.
(c) A secret customer.
(d) Mr. Weisfeld.
5. Where is the home of the maestro who allows Claude to practice on his grand piano?
(a) In Claude's own apartment building.
(b) In the apartment building next to Claude's.
(c) Above Mr. Weisfeld's music store.
(d) In the apartment building where Al Johnson is the maintenance man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr.Weisfeld want to ask Emma when he visits Claude after not seeing him for a week?
2. What is Claude's physique as a young boy?
3. What is the status of Emma's job when she returns to New York City after being questioned about communist activities?
4. Even though Peter's playing is basic and unspirited, why does Claude enjoy accompanying him?
5. After Emma is released from government surveillance, what does she send to official agencies?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)