|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Emma stops going to work, what does Al Johnson do at Claude's request?
(a) Gets Emma a new job.
(b) Speaks to Emma about her problems.
(c) Marries Emma.
(d) Loans Emma money.
2. Why does Mr. Weisfeld visit Claude in his dressing room before the second concert?
(a) To give Claude a good luck charm.
(b) To tell Claude he will not be able to watch the performance.
(c) To calm Claude's nerves.
(d) To tell Claude that Frescobaldi is considering him as his permanent accompanist.
3. What kind of student is Claude in school?
4. What is the status of Emma's job when she returns to New York City after being questioned about communist activities?
(a) Her cab driver's license has been suspended.
(b) She has been fired.
(c) Her cab has been impounded by the police.
(d) Her hours have been drastically cut.
5. Where in the building is the apartment in which Claude lives with his mother?
(a) Third floor.
(b) Top floor.
(c) First floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Claude when he begins to go to the movies?
2. Why does Claude need to fill in for a pianist who is supposed to perform at the music festival?
3. Why does Mrs. Fisk buy an instrument for Catherine in the music store?
4. After Lady serves Claude breakfast in their Manhattan town home, where is Lady going?
5. What does Frescobaldi make Claude play at their first meeting before they go to lunch?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)