|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere at the Powers' when Claude and Lady make their holiday visit?
2. Why can't Claude keep the Bechstein piano left to him by the maestro in his apartment?
(a) The neighbors complain about the noise.
(b) It doesn't fit through the apartment door.
(c) There is no way to get it down the steps to the apartment.
(d) The apartment is too small.
3. How does Claude make sure that the orchestra at the music festival knows what Mr. Fredericks wants?
(a) Claude speaks to each orchestra member individually while Mr. Fredericks warms up.
(b) Claude arrives early and speaks to the orchestra.
(c) Claude conducts the orchestra himself.
(d) Claude writes out instructions and sends them ahead to the conductor.
4. What does Lady do when Claude becomes depressed over Mr. Weisfeld's death?
(a) Moves in with her parents until Claude feels better.
(b) Stays by his side until his depression goes away.
(c) Immediately files for divorce.
(d) Gets a legal separation.
5. Who keeps Claude company after his mother goes to bed when she comes home from work?
(a) Claude's father.
(b) No one.
(c) The building custodian.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Frescobaldi and Claude first meet to practice?
2. Why does Claude choose to keep a quiet demeanor in school?
3. What adjective could be used to describe Claude's life before he goes to school?
4. Where does the driver drop off Claude after the dance?
5. What do Claude and Frescobaldi play as the last piece of the second concert?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)