|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does the story skip between the end of Chapter 13 in Part 1 and the beginning of Chapter 14 in Part 2?
2. What causes Claude distress at the first concert venue with Frescobaldi?
(a) The stage hands have gone on strike.
(b) The piano is slightly out of tune.
(c) Frescobaldi's instrument is damaged in transport.
(d) Claude has an argument with Lady.
3. After Peter shows Claude the room, what does Claude question Peter about?
(a) The maker of the piano.
(b) Rare orchids.
(c) The gauge of the electric trains.
(d) Gas chambers.
4. What movie particularly interests Claude because of its story line, which he relates to his life?
(a) A Summer Place.
(b) A Raisin in the Sun.
(c) A Place in the Sun.
(d) Island in the Sun.
5. How does Catherine treat Claude at the Bentley School dance?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She moves back and forth between Claude and her own group of friends.
(c) She remains by his side the whole night.
(d) She introduces Claude to a girl, then goes her own way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding Claude's father, what does Emma ask Claude not to do?
2. What item does the Fisk housekeeper give to Claude when he arrives to go to the dance with Catherine?
3. Where is the second concert venue for Claude and the maestro?
4. How old is Claude Rawlings at the beginning of the novel?
5. What can't Emma give to the attorney of the maestro's estate?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)