|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claude choose to keep a quiet demeanor in school?
(a) He is afraid of being punished by his mother.
(b) He doesn't want anyone asking about his father.
(c) He is embarrassed about his poverty.
(d) He struggles to keep up with the class.
2. What does Mr.Weisfeld want to ask Emma when he visits Claude after not seeing him for a week?
(a) He wants to ask if Claude can live with him and his wife.
(b) He wants to ask if Emma will work for him giving piano lessons.
(c) He wants to ask if Emma can drive Claude to a professional studio.
(d) He wants to ask if he can give Claude advanced piano lessons.
3. How does Mr. Weisfeld react when Claude rushes from the basement of the music store and wakes Mr. Weisfeld in his apartment in the middle of the night?
(a) Mr. Weisfeld is furious.
(b) Mr. Weisfeld is grateful.
(c) Mr. Weisfeld is elated.
(d) Mr. Weisfeld is terrified.
4. Why does Emma return to New York City during the questioning process about her suspected communist activities?
(a) She is tired of being questioned.
(b) Her boss calls and tells her he needs her to come back to work.
(c) Claude becomes ill.
(d) She receives permission to leave.
5. While Claude's mother is at work and Claude is on his own, how does he make spending money?
(a) He does odd jobs for elderly ladies in his apartment building.
(b) He begs on the street corner.
(c) He helps out in Mr. Weisfeld's store.
(d) He finds coins that were dropped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claude want to attend a regular university instead of a musical conservatory?
2. Why is Claude late for a doctor's appointment after Lady leaves the house?
3. Where is Emma taken for questioning about her suspected communist activities?
4. What does Claude's mother do when she comes home from her job of driving a taxi?
5. What do Claude and Frescobaldi play as the last piece of the second concert?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)