|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the ride home from the dance, what does Claude ask Catherine?
(a) Why she asked him to the dance.
(b) If she will be his girlfriend.
(c) If she will introduce him to a girl he saw at the dance.
(d) Why she treats him so poorly.
2. Why does Emma return to New York City during the questioning process about her suspected communist activities?
(a) She is tired of being questioned.
(b) Claude becomes ill.
(c) Her boss calls and tells her he needs her to come back to work.
(d) She receives permission to leave.
3. Why does Claude dress in a suit and tie for his first session accompanying Peter Fisk at the Fisk home?
(a) Claude knows Mr. Fisk is an influential politician.
(b) Mrs. Fisk instructed Claude to dress formally.
(c) An important musician will be observing the session.
(d) Claude wants to impress Catherine.
4. What does Claude notice about his mother since Al Johnson is spending more time with her?
(a) She is more depressed.
(b) She is calmer.
(c) She is less forgetful.
(d) She is more unstable.
5. What does Claude do in the basement of Mr. Weisfeld's music store?
(a) Fixes instruments.
(b) Records his playing to send to record producers.
(c) Composes and plays.
(d) Gives piano lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Peter shows Claude the room, what does Claude question Peter about?
2. What kind of student is Claude in school?
3. How does Claude feel when he receives an invitation from Catherine Fisk to the Bentley School mixer?
4. Even though Peter's playing is basic and unspirited, why does Claude enjoy accompanying him?
5. What is the relationship between Claude and Ivan Andrews?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)