|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Claude when he begins to go to the movies?
2. Where does Claude discover an old piano?
(a) In a storage room in his apartment building.
(b) Beneath the stairs leading to the first floor of his apartment building.
(c) In a room in his apartment.
(d) On the sidewalk in front of his apartment building.
3. What does Mr.Weisfeld want to ask Emma when he visits Claude after not seeing him for a week?
(a) He wants to ask if Claude can live with him and his wife.
(b) He wants to ask if he can give Claude advanced piano lessons.
(c) He wants to ask if Emma can drive Claude to a professional studio.
(d) He wants to ask if Emma will work for him giving piano lessons.
4. What instrument does Peter Fisk play?
5. After Emma is released from government surveillance, what does she send to official agencies?
(a) Evidence that proves her innocence.
(b) Job applications.
(c) Letters with the names of communist sympathizers.
(d) Letters of complaint.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the ride home from the dance, what does Claude ask Catherine?
2. After Peter shows Claude the room, what does Claude question Peter about?
3. What used to be in the room that Peter Fisk shows Claude while he waits to go to the dance with Catherine?
4. How does Catherine treat Claude at the Bentley School dance?
5. Who keeps Claude company after his mother goes to bed when she comes home from work?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)