|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie particularly interests Claude because of its story line, which he relates to his life?
(a) A Place in the Sun.
(b) A Summer Place.
(c) Island in the Sun.
(d) A Raisin in the Sun.
2. Who is the composer of the Double Concerto that Mr. Fredericks wants Claude to play at the music festival?
(a) Mr. Fredericks.
3. What is Lady Powers' actual first name?
4. What is Mr. Weisfeld's opinion about Claude when he returns to Mr. Weisfeld's music store two weeks after he sells the Claude the piano lessons book?
(a) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude is going to give up.
(b) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude is gifted.
(c) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude may be ill.
(d) Mr. Weisfeld thinks Claude needs adult supervision.
5. When does Claude receive a telegram that Mr. Weisfeld cannot attend Claude's debut performance at the music festival?
(a) The day before the performance.
(b) During the intermission of his performance.
(c) Hours before his performance.
(d) Just as he is to walk onstage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claude dress in a suit and tie for his first session accompanying Peter Fisk at the Fisk home?
2. What adjective describes the opinion of Claude's music instructors at the Bentley School regarding Claude's talent?
3. While Claude's mother is at work and Claude is on his own, how does he make spending money?
4. What is the status of Emma's job when she returns to New York City after being questioned about communist activities?
5. Why does Mr. Weisfeld react the way he does when Claude wakes him in the middle of the night?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)