|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Mrs. Fisk buy for her daughter, Catherine, in Mr. Weisfeld's music store?
(a) A harp.
(b) A flute.
(c) A viola.
(d) A violin.
2. How does Claude make sure that the orchestra at the music festival knows what Mr. Fredericks wants?
(a) Claude conducts the orchestra himself.
(b) Claude writes out instructions and sends them ahead to the conductor.
(c) Claude arrives early and speaks to the orchestra.
(d) Claude speaks to each orchestra member individually while Mr. Fredericks warms up.
3. What does Claude notice about his mother since Al Johnson is spending more time with her?
(a) She is more depressed.
(b) She is less forgetful.
(c) She is calmer.
(d) She is more unstable.
4. What does Lady say to comfort Claude when he becomes upset after playing the piano for Lady's friends?
(a) Her friends know nothing about music.
(b) He saved a dying party.
(c) Someday he will make a lot of money for playing.
(d) She always cries when she hears that song.
5. Regarding Claude's father, what does Emma ask Claude not to do?
(a) Ask about him.
(b) Look for him.
(c) Tell anyone about him.
(d) Send letters to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claude's physique as a young boy?
2. How old is Claude when he begins to go to the movies?
3. What kind of music does Claude play for Lady's friends at a party?
4. Who keeps Claude company after his mother goes to bed when she comes home from work?
5. What is the result of Claude's performance when he fills in for the pianist?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)