|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Claude upset after he plays the piano for Lady's friends?
(a) He thinks he abused his talent.
(b) The less-than-appreciative response from Lady's friends.
(c) He doesn't like to play for free.
(d) A song he plays makes Lady cry.
2. When Emma stops going to work, what does Al Johnson do at Claude's request?
(a) Speaks to Emma about her problems.
(b) Marries Emma.
(c) Loans Emma money.
(d) Gets Emma a new job.
3. According to Emma, what happens to Claude's father?
(a) Claude's father died.
(b) Claude's father went to the war.
(c) Emma doesn't know who Claude's father is.
(d) Emma doesn't know what happened to Claude's father.
4. How is Senator Barnes related to Lady?
(a) He is her stepfather.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her stepbrother.
(d) He is her uncle.
5. What business arrangement does Claude enter into with Al Johnson, a maintenance man?
(a) They sell cleaning supplies.
(b) They split the money from collecting soda bottles in the garbage.
(c) Claude helps Al with custodial work.
(d) Claude plays the piano while Al plays the saxophone on a street corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Claude wakes Mr. Weisfeld during the night, what does he do for Mr. Weisfeld?
2. What does Claude do in the basement of Mr. Weisfeld's music store?
3. Why is dinner at the Powers' home awkward for Claude?
4. How are Lady and Catherine Fisk related?
5. At what event does Claude meet Lady's parents?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)