|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Claude to be careful of people like Mr. and Mrs. Powers?
(a) Al Johnson.
(b) Mr. Weisfeld.
(c) His mother.
(d) Ivan Andrews.
2. What happens to the letter Claude sends to Catherine?
(a) It gets lost in the mail.
(b) Catherine tears it into little pieces.
(c) Mrs. Fisk throws it away.
(d) It is returned unopened.
3. What does Mr. Powers tell Claude about Claude's future plans?
(a) He has a bright future ahead of him.
(b) He wants him to stay away from Lady.
(c) He is not impressed.
(d) He will help in any way he can.
4. Why does Emma return to New York City during the questioning process about her suspected communist activities?
(a) She receives permission to leave.
(b) She is tired of being questioned.
(c) Claude becomes ill.
(d) Her boss calls and tells her he needs her to come back to work.
5. Why does Claude rush from the basement of Mr. Weisfeld's music store to Mr. Weisfeld's apartment upstairs in the middle of the night?
(a) There is a fire in the basement.
(b) Someone is trying to break in.
(c) Claude wants to share his new composition.
(d) Claude has finally mastered a difficult piece of music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claude choose to keep a quiet demeanor in school?
2. Why can't Claude keep the Bechstein piano left to him by the maestro in his apartment?
3. How do Lady's friends feel about Claude when he plays the piano at a party?
4. Where does the driver drop off Claude after the dance?
5. Who meets Claude at the train station when he goes to spend the weekend at the Powers'?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)