|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claude get from New York state to the state in which the music festival is held?
(c) His mother drives him in her taxi.
(d) He drives himself.
2. Who tells Claude that the famous musician Aldo Frescobaldi needs a temporary pianist?
(a) Mr. Weisfeld.
(c) Mr. Fredericks.
(d) Mr. Levits.
3. What is Mr. Larkin's position at a college named Cadbury?
(a) He is the president.
(b) He is on the scholarship committee.
(c) He is in charge of recruiting.
(d) He is the head of the music department.
4. What is the result of Claude's performance when he fills in for the pianist?
(a) It is a success.
(b) It is a failure.
(c) The audience praises him, but he thinks he can do better.
(d) He receives a lukewarm response from the audience.
5. What is Claude able to do now that he works in Mr. Weisfeld's music store?
(a) Buy a brand new piano.
(b) Practice whenever he wants.
(c) Afford his own necessities.
(d) Learn how to play other instruments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine feel about Claude when he comes to accompany Peter?
2. What school accessory does Claude find under his seat at the movies?
3. What is the result of the situation which causes Claude distress at the first concert venue?
4. Why does Claude dress in a suit and tie for his first session accompanying Peter Fisk at the Fisk home?
5. How old is Claude when he begins to go to the movies?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)