|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady's reaction to Claude's constant practicing to prepare for his performances with Frescobaldi?
(a) She supports him wholeheartedly.
(b) She thinks he doesn't practice enough.
(c) She doesn't understand his ardent need for practice.
(d) She threatens to leave him if he doesn't spend more time with her.
2. What causes Claude distress at the first concert venue with Frescobaldi?
(a) Frescobaldi's instrument is damaged in transport.
(b) Claude has an argument with Lady.
(c) The piano is slightly out of tune.
(d) The stage hands have gone on strike.
3. What does Mr. Powers discover about Claude's father when he hires a private investigator to look into Claude's past?
(a) Claude's father never returned from the war.
(b) There is no record of Claude's father.
(c) Claude's father is a negro.
(d) Claude's father is one of three men.
4. How does Claude make sure that the orchestra at the music festival knows what Mr. Fredericks wants?
(a) Claude speaks to each orchestra member individually while Mr. Fredericks warms up.
(b) Claude writes out instructions and sends them ahead to the conductor.
(c) Claude arrives early and speaks to the orchestra.
(d) Claude conducts the orchestra himself.
5. How does Claude feel when he learns that Mr. Weisfeld can't attend his debut performance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine feel about Claude when he comes to accompany Peter?
2. Why is the second concert performance unique for Emma?
3. Where is the first concert date for Claude and Frescobaldi?
4. What does Claude ask Catherine to do in a letter he sends her?
5. Why does Mrs. Fisk buy an instrument for Catherine in the music store?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)