|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claude's goal when he plays with Mr. Fredericks at the music festival?
(a) To impress the talent managers in the audience.
(b) To play better than Mr. Fredericks.
(c) To play perfectly.
(d) To overcome his stage fright.
2. What is the status of Emma's job when she returns to New York City after being questioned about communist activities?
(a) She has been fired.
(b) Her cab has been impounded by the police.
(c) Her cab driver's license has been suspended.
(d) Her hours have been drastically cut.
3. Why does Claude dress in a suit and tie for his first session accompanying Peter Fisk at the Fisk home?
(a) An important musician will be observing the session.
(b) Mrs. Fisk instructed Claude to dress formally.
(c) Claude wants to impress Catherine.
(d) Claude knows Mr. Fisk is an influential politician.
4. What does Mr. Larkin promise to do for Claude in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) Get an off-campus apartment for his mother.
(b) Enroll him in college with a full scholarship.
(c) Find a job for him on campus.
(d) Allow him to conduct the university orchestra.
5. When Claude arrives at the music store one afternoon, who is Mr. Fredericks talking with about asking Claude to play at a music festival?
(a) Claude's mother.
(b) Al Johnson.
(c) Ivan Andrews.
(d) Mr. Weisfeld.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claude feel when he learns that Mr. Weisfeld can't attend his debut performance?
2. Who is the composer of the Double Concerto that Mr. Fredericks wants Claude to play at the music festival?
3. Why does Claude begin to go to the movies?
4. Why can't Mr. Weisfeld attend Claude's debut performance at the music festival?
5. How does Claude react to the physical signs of stress as he prepares for the music festival?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)