|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 17?
2. Who has been released from jail on bond?
3. Who is Al Hunt's psychiatrist?
4. In Chapter 10, with whom do Kay and Pete meet at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia?
5. What happens to Pete's LTD?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kay find PJ?
2. Why is Jim Barnes fired, and what happens to him?
3. How does Kay learn that there is something on her back porch, and what is it?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Kay learn about Al Hunt from Dr. Masterson at Valhalla?
5. In Chapter 15, why does Kay suddenly decide to go to Key West?
6. Who molested Frankie at Valhalla, and what was done about it?
7. What does Kay learn about Joseph McTigue when she makes a second visit to Mrs. McTigue?
8. Why does Beryl Madison take up writing?
9. How does Kay gain PJ's trust?
10. What does Kay discover about Sterling's whereabouts during the murder of her brother Cary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Key West, Kay systematically befriends PJ in order to meet her goal of finding out whether he has Kay's manuscript. Describe the actions that she takes, and compare and contrast this with the approach the police and Scott Partin use.
Essay Topic 2
Review the portion of the book that describes Pete's interview of Al Hunt. What does Pete get out of Al? Why is Pete so successful in pulling details from Al? Could Kay have gotten similar information from Al? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Both Al Hunt and Frankie Aims spend time in Valhalla and become friends. What is common about their backgrounds and their social maladjustments? Does Frankie have a detrimental influence on Al? Explain your reasons for your answer.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)