|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hotel did Sterling stay during her hospital visits?
2. For what does Ethridge say has Mark James done time?
3. What does Jim Barnes do to a mute patient?
4. Who comes to Kay's door just after she arrives home from the airport?
5. Who is Frankie's social worker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Al's friend at Valhalla, and what is characteristic about him?
2. In Chapter 10, why does Kay travel to the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and what does she learn?
3. How does Al Hunt commit suicide?
4. In Chapter 17, how does Kay confuse and distract the courier in her home?
5. Why can Al never work as a psychologist?
6. Why does Beryl Madison take up writing?
7. What happens over coffee at Kay's house?
8. What does Kay discover about Sterling's whereabouts during the murder of her brother Cary?
9. What does Kay receive from Mark James, and what does he tell her?
10. Where does Kay go with Pete, and what does Pete give Kay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, Kay says that she "regrets not killing Frankie, but that Frankie is never born." Given what you know about Kay, is this statement out of character for her? Why or why not? Cite examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Both Al Hunt and Frankie Aims spend time in Valhalla and become friends. What is common about their backgrounds and their social maladjustments? Does Frankie have a detrimental influence on Al? Explain your reasons for your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Benton Wesley profiles Beryl Madison's killer. Describe the characteristics he presents, and then compare and contrast them with what you know about Frankie Aims. Is Benton on track? Why or why not?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)