|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, after Kay rents a car in Miami, where does she drive?
2. What does Jim Barnes do to a mute patient?
3. Who is Jeanie Sample?
4. What function does Backhall serve at Valhalla?
5. What does PJ give Kay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Ismail reveal to Kay and Pete about Sterling?
2. In Chapter 10, why does Kay travel to the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and what does she learn?
3. In Chapter 17, how does Kay confuse and distract the courier in her home?
4. Why does Beryl Madison take up writing?
5. What happens to Frankie after he leaves Valhalla?
6. Who is Al's friend at Valhalla, and what is characteristic about him?
7. Who molested Frankie at Valhalla, and what was done about it?
8. In Chapter 11, why do Pete and Kay travel to Baltimore by train?
9. Where does Kay find PJ?
10. What does PJ give Kay, and how does that make her feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Benton Wesley profiles Beryl Madison's killer. Describe the characteristics he presents, and then compare and contrast them with what you know about Frankie Aims. Is Benton on track? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Kay says that she "regrets not killing Frankie, but that Frankie is never born." Given what you know about Kay, is this statement out of character for her? Why or why not? Cite examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
We learn about Beryl Madison and her fears first through her own writing and then through Kay's investigation of her murder. Describe Beryl's personality and fears through the eyes of Beryl and through Kay.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)