|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what hospital is Kay bringing samples of levomethorphan on Monday?
2. How does Kay carry the manuscript back to the hotel?
3. What animal is killed outside Kay's house?
4. Who does Hunt say is the killer?
5. What evidence is connected to an airline hijacking in Athens, Greece?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Frankie after he leaves Valhalla?
2. Who is Al's friend at Valhalla, and what is characteristic about him?
3. What does Dr. Ismail reveal to Kay and Pete about Sterling?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Ethridge tell Kay about Mark James?
5. What does Kay learn about Joseph McTigue when she makes a second visit to Mrs. McTigue?
6. Where does Kay go with Pete, and what does Pete give Kay?
7. In Chapter 14, why do Kay and Pete return to Valhalla, and what do they learn during their visit?
8. Who stops by Kay's table during breakfast with Ethridge, and whom does she recognize?
9. Why is Jim Barnes fired, and what happens to him?
10. In Chapter 10, why does Kay travel to the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and what does she learn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the similarities in the murders of Beryl and Cary Harper's, and then discuss the differences Kay discovers. Which seem more important the common themes or the differences, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Twice at Valhalla, Dr. Masterson is reluctant to cooperate first with Kay alone, and then with Kay and Pete. Do you feel he is holding something back? Why does he go through several cases before presenting Frankie's case, and why does it seem he cannot remember Frankie's name? Do you think Masterson had some relationship with Jim Barnes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Kay ends up receiving roses from Mark James, and he tells her that he loves her. What do Kay and Mark James have in common that brings them back together? In what ways are they completely opposite? Describe the high points in their relationship. Do you think they would have come together had their work not taken them down similar paths? Why or why not?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)