|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Kay while at Cutler Grove?
2. What does Hunt point out about Beryl's car door?
3. Where does Sparacino believe Beryl's unfinished manuscript is?
4. What do initial results of Sterling's autopsy results suggest?
5. What was the mystery in Williamsburg regarding Beryl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What item is missing from Beryl's personal effects, and how does Sparacino go about getting information from Kay about it during their meeting?
2. In what condition does Kay find Sterling during the middle of the night?
3. What impression does Kay gain about the time that Beryl Madison lived with the Harpers?
4. How does Al know Beryl Madison, and what does he discover about her car?
5. In Chapter 4, why does Joni Hamm believe that the killer gets in and out of vehicles all day?
6. In Chapter 6, why does Pete Marino call Kay, and what does Kay do in response?
7. In Chapter 1, how does Pete know that Beryl has not eaten a snack before she is killed?
8. What book did Cary write, and at what age?
9. Sterling tells Kay that although Cary loves Beryl, she has let him down. What is his reaction?
10. Why does Mark believe that Sparacino is after Kay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kay ends up receiving roses from Mark James, and he tells her that he loves her. What do Kay and Mark James have in common that brings them back together? In what ways are they completely opposite? Describe the high points in their relationship. Do you think they would have come together had their work not taken them down similar paths? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In "Body of Evidence," we learn much about Kay Scarpetta and Beryl Madison. Beryl's life takes her down a path that ends in her murder; Kay becomes a physician, attorney, and chief medical examiner. What differences are there in their upbringings and experiences that results in Kay's success -- and Beryl's demise?
Essay Topic 3
In Key West, Kay systematically befriends PJ in order to meet her goal of finding out whether he has Kay's manuscript. Describe the actions that she takes, and compare and contrast this with the approach the police and Scott Partin use.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)