|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does preliminary analysis suggest could be the source of the melted plastic in the fireplace?
2. What offices of Orndorff & Berger does Kay call?
3. What does Kay discover about Sterling?
4. From where does Joni suspect that the six nylon fibers in the trace analysis source originate?
5. To where does Beryl fly in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Pete learn about Jeb Price?
2. Whom does Al Hunt work for at Masterwash, and why does he wear a tie on Fridays?
3. What article does Kay omit from her description of Cary Harper's personal effects?
4. For what reasons is Kay forced to spend the night at Cutler Grove, and what does she do while visiting with Sterling?
5. Why does Mark believe that Sparacino is after Kay?
6. In what condition does Kay find Sterling during the middle of the night?
7. In Chapter 5, after dinner and drinks with Sparacino, what does Mark do back at the hotel?
8. Who appears at Kay and Mark's table when they have finished dining, and why does this seem suspicious?
9. What does Kay keep asking herself as she investigates Beryl's house with Pete Marino?
10. What is the relationship between Sparacino and Ethridge, and why may Sparacino be stirring up trouble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Twice at Valhalla, Dr. Masterson is reluctant to cooperate first with Kay alone, and then with Kay and Pete. Do you feel he is holding something back? Why does he go through several cases before presenting Frankie's case, and why does it seem he cannot remember Frankie's name? Do you think Masterson had some relationship with Jim Barnes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
We learn about Beryl Madison and her fears first through her own writing and then through Kay's investigation of her murder. Describe Beryl's personality and fears through the eyes of Beryl and through Kay.
Essay Topic 3
Both Al Hunt and Frankie Aims spend time in Valhalla and become friends. What is common about their backgrounds and their social maladjustments? Does Frankie have a detrimental influence on Al? Explain your reasons for your answer.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)