|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kay do with the picture over the fireplace?
2. Who appears at the restaurant as Kay and Mark finish dinner?
3. For what purpose does Mark invite himself into Kay's New York hotel room?
4. Why does Kay go to the OCME after arriving in Richmond?
5. Under what name is "Flag of Honor" written?
Short Essay Questions
1. Waiting for her flight back to Richmond, what does Kay learn about Mark James?
2. What article does Kay omit from her description of Cary Harper's personal effects?
3. In Chapter 6, why does Pete Marino call Kay, and what does Kay do in response?
4. In Chapter 4, why does Joni Hamm believe that the killer gets in and out of vehicles all day?
5. For what reasons is Kay forced to spend the night at Cutler Grove, and what does she do while visiting with Sterling?
6. Who appears at Kay and Mark's table when they have finished dining, and why does this seem suspicious?
7. What does Kay learn from Sterling Harper?
8. What does Kay keep asking herself as she investigates Beryl's house with Pete Marino?
9. In Chapter 7, why does Kay drive to Cutler Grove, and what does she discover when she arrives?
10. What makes Kay suspicious enough to return to her office in the OCME, and what does she find there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Body of Evidence," we learn much about Kay Scarpetta and Beryl Madison. Beryl's life takes her down a path that ends in her murder; Kay becomes a physician, attorney, and chief medical examiner. What differences are there in their upbringings and experiences that results in Kay's success -- and Beryl's demise?
Essay Topic 2
Benton Wesley profiles Beryl Madison's killer. Describe the characteristics he presents, and then compare and contrast them with what you know about Frankie Aims. Is Benton on track? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In Key West, Kay systematically befriends PJ in order to meet her goal of finding out whether he has Kay's manuscript. Describe the actions that she takes, and compare and contrast this with the approach the police and Scott Partin use.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)