|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kay learn about Sterling from Dr. Ismail?
(a) Sterling's cancer was not doing well.
(b) Sterling had a daughter.
(c) Sterling was writing a novel.
(d) Sterling had a son.
2. What does Frankie do when he is excited?
3. What drug does Sterling Harper ingest in a massive amount?
4. What does Kay notice about the paper that is wrapped around Beryl's picture at Mrs. McTigue's home?
(a) It is poor quality rag stock.
(b) It is embossed.
(c) It is high-quality rag stock.
(d) It is speckled.
5. In Chapter 15, after Kay rents a car in Miami, where does she drive?
(a) Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kay traveling?
2. What person is abusive in Chapter 13?
3. What dog does Kay name to validate her knowledge?
4. How does Jim Barnes die?
5. Who is Frankie's social worker?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Ethridge tell Kay about Mark James?
2. Who stops by Kay's table during breakfast with Ethridge, and whom does she recognize?
3. In Chapter 11, why do Pete and Kay travel to Baltimore by train?
4. What does Kay receive from Mark James, and what does he tell her?
5. Who molested Frankie at Valhalla, and what was done about it?
6. Why is Jim Barnes fired, and what happens to him?
7. Why does Beryl Madison take up writing?
8. What happens to Frankie after he leaves Valhalla?
9. What does Kay discover about Sterling's whereabouts during the murder of her brother Cary?
10. How does Al Hunt commit suicide?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)