|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim Barnes die?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He falls and cracks his skull.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) He takes a drug overdose.
2. At what hotel did Sterling stay during her hospital visits?
(a) The Marriott.
(b) The Westin.
(c) The Hilton.
(d) Harbor Court Hotel.
3. Who comes to Kay's door just after she arrives home from the airport?
(b) A courier from Omega Courier Service.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) A taxi cab driver.
4. What does PJ give Kay?
(a) The manuscript and the two letters.
(b) Part of the manuscript at the two letters.
(c) The two letters.
(d) Part of the manuscript.
5. What does Kay notice about the paper that is wrapped around Beryl's picture at Mrs. McTigue's home?
(a) It is speckled.
(b) It is high-quality rag stock.
(c) It is embossed.
(d) It is poor quality rag stock.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where do Pete and Kay return in Chapter 14?
2. Who is Frankie's social worker?
3. Why does Pete think Beryl runs away to Key West?
4. Who pays for Sterling's stays in Baltimore?
5. What does Kay learn about Mark in Chapter 16 when she discovers him in her Key West hotel room?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)