|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Kay's door just after she arrives home from the airport?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) A courier from Omega Courier Service.
(c) A taxi cab driver.
2. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 17?
(b) Labor Day.
(d) New Year.
3. Where does Frankie pick up fibers on his clothes?
(a) At the car wash.
(b) At the courier depot.
(c) At his last delivery.
(d) At the airport.
4. How does Jim Barnes die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He takes a drug overdose.
(d) He falls and cracks his skull.
5. What is the name of the psychiatric hospital where the killer was a patient?
(a) The Veterans Administration Hospital.
(b) Richmond Memorial.
(d) Hampton General Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Frankie's mother?
2. Who leaves Kay a message asking if she bleaches her hair?
3. Who runs away from home ?
4. What does PJ promise Beryl in Key West?
5. Why does Kay take annual leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Kay learn about Al Hunt from Dr. Masterson at Valhalla?
2. In Chapter 17, how does Kay confuse and distract the courier in her home?
3. What does Kay receive from Mark James, and what does he tell her?
4. Why did Sterling stay in the Harbor Court Hotel during her visits to Johns Hopkins?
5. What does Kay learn about Joseph McTigue when she makes a second visit to Mrs. McTigue?
6. In Chapter 12, what does Ethridge tell Kay about Mark James?
7. Why does Beryl Madison take up writing?
8. In Chapter 16, what does Kay learn about Mark in Key West, and how does she react?
9. Why does Al Hunt visit Kay at home, and what does he tell her?
10. In Chapter 10, why does Kay travel to the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and what does she learn?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)