|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark point out about the opening of Chapter 25?
(a) The page is a photocopy.
(b) The page is torn.
(c) The page is blood stained.
(d) The page is tear stained.
2. What do Kay and Mark do after they make love and sleep?
(a) Read the manuscript.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Eat breakfast.
(d) Walk the beach.
3. Who leaves Kay a message asking if she bleaches her hair?
(a) A breathy young male.
4. Who commits suicide by hanging?
(b) Al Hunt.
5. For what is Sterling Harper being treated?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) Lung disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark send Kay after she returns to Richmond?
2. Whom does the killer watch jealously?
3. Who has possibly made a complaint against Jim Jim?
4. Who does Ethridge say he thinks may be responsible for the break-in in Kay's office?
5. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Frankie after he leaves Valhalla?
2. Why does Beryl Madison take up writing?
3. In Chapter 10, why does Kay travel to the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and what does she learn?
4. Why did Sterling stay in the Harbor Court Hotel during her visits to Johns Hopkins?
5. How does Kay gain PJ's trust?
6. Why can Al never work as a psychologist?
7. What happens over coffee at Kay's house?
8. Who molested Frankie at Valhalla, and what was done about it?
9. In Chapter 11, why do Pete and Kay travel to Baltimore by train?
10. Who is Al's friend at Valhalla, and what is characteristic about him?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)