|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What senator and his son visit Kay and Ethridge's breakfast table?
(a) Senator Stevens.
(b) Senator Johnson.
(c) Senator Partin.
(d) Senator Williams.
2. At what hotel did Sterling stay during her hospital visits?
(a) Harbor Court Hotel.
(b) The Hilton.
(c) The Marriott.
(d) The Westin.
3. What does PJ promise Beryl in Key West?
(a) That she can always stay at his place.
(b) To sell the manuscript and give the proceeds to her.
(c) To publish the manuscript.
(d) Never to give the manuscript away.
4. What does Pete give Kay after they leave shooting practice?
(a) A license to carry a concealed weapon.
(b) A holster.
(c) Ammunition for her gun.
(d) A flak jacket.
5. What drug does Sterling Harper ingest in a massive amount?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kay carry the manuscript back to the hotel?
2. What is one characteristic of a Valhalla patient named Frankie?
3. What does Pete advise Kay to do for her safety?
4. How many milligrams of levomethorphan are enough to kill a person?
5. Who does Ethridge say he thinks may be responsible for the break-in in Kay's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kay go with Pete, and what does Pete give Kay?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Ethridge tell Kay about Mark James?
3. How does Kay learn that there is something on her back porch, and what is it?
4. In Chapter 17, how does Kay confuse and distract the courier in her home?
5. In Chapter 15, why does Kay suddenly decide to go to Key West?
6. What does Kay discover about Sterling's whereabouts during the murder of her brother Cary?
7. Where does Kay find PJ?
8. What happens over coffee at Kay's house?
9. Why does Beryl Madison take up writing?
10. In Chapter 11, why do Pete and Kay travel to Baltimore by train?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)