|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom has Joe McTigue written?
(a) Mrs. McTigue.
(d) Joni Hamm.
2. Why does Kay drink Barbancourt rum?
(a) It makes her feel better.
(b) It is something Beryl drank.
(c) Rum is Kay's favorite.
(d) Kay can't drink anything else.
3. To where do Pete and Kay return in Chapter 14?
(b) Cutler Grove.
4. What does Jim Barnes do to a mute patient?
(a) He fondles the patient.
(b) He ties the patient up.
(c) He kisses the patient.
(d) He berates the patient.
5. What function does Backhall serve at Valhalla?
(a) A forensic unit.
(b) An admissions unit.
(c) A solitary unit.
(d) A schizophrenic unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ethridge say he thinks may be responsible for the break-in in Kay's office?
2. What happens to Frankie's mother?
3. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 17?
4. Who is the M to whom the two letters are written?
5. What does PJ promise Beryl in Key West?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kay learn about Joseph McTigue when she makes a second visit to Mrs. McTigue?
2. Where does Kay go with Pete, and what does Pete give Kay?
3. Why does Al Hunt visit Kay at home, and what does he tell her?
4. What does PJ give Kay, and how does that make her feel?
5. In Chapter 10, why does Kay travel to the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and what does she learn?
6. In Chapter 11, why do Pete and Kay travel to Baltimore by train?
7. In Chapter 15, why does Kay suddenly decide to go to Key West?
8. What happens to Frankie after he leaves Valhalla?
9. What does Dr. Ismail reveal to Kay and Pete about Sterling?
10. Why does Beryl Madison take up writing?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)