|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kay notice about the paper that is wrapped around Beryl's picture at Mrs. McTigue's home?
(a) It is high-quality rag stock.
(b) It is embossed.
(c) It is poor quality rag stock.
(d) It is speckled.
2. Where does Pete say he last saw the medallion?
(a) Sterling Harper was wearing it.
(b) In the tavern.
(c) At the murder scene.
(d) In Cutler Grove.
3. Who is Al Hunt's psychiatrist?
(a) Dr. Warner Masterson.
(b) Dr. James Willis.
(c) Dr. Al Fielding.
(d) Dr. Thomas Middleton.
4. Why is Kay looking for PJ?
(a) She wants to have a drink with him.
(b) He is in one of Beryl's Civil War books.
(c) Pete knows him.
(d) He is mentioned in Beryl's letters.
5. How does Kay know who the son Scott is?
(a) She learns he is a friend of Jeb Price.
(b) She has read a newspaper story about him.
(c) She sat next to him on her flight to New York.
(d) She remembers seeing him at Gallaghers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of gun does Pete think Kay should have at home?
2. What function does Backhall serve at Valhalla?
3. What senator and his son visit Kay and Ethridge's breakfast table?
4. Who is the M to whom the two letters are written?
5. Who is Frankie's social worker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kay learn about Joseph McTigue when she makes a second visit to Mrs. McTigue?
2. In Chapter 10, why does Kay travel to the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and what does she learn?
3. Why does Beryl Madison take up writing?
4. What happens to Frankie after he leaves Valhalla?
5. How does Kay gain PJ's trust?
6. Who molested Frankie at Valhalla, and what was done about it?
7. Why does Al Hunt visit Kay at home, and what does he tell her?
8. In Chapter 15, why does Kay suddenly decide to go to Key West?
9. How does Kay learn that there is something on her back porch, and what is it?
10. What happens over coffee at Kay's house?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)