|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the psychiatric hospital where the killer was a patient?
(a) Richmond Memorial.
(c) Hampton General Hospital.
(d) The Veterans Administration Hospital.
2. What is one characteristic of a Valhalla patient named Frankie?
(a) He sways from side to side.
(b) He touches himself.
(c) He uses profanity repeatedly.
(d) He is obsessively neat.
3. To where do Pete and Kay return in Chapter 14?
(a) Cutler Grove.
4. In what profession does Al do well?
(d) ER nurse.
5. Why does Kay take annual leave?
(a) To visit her mother.
(b) To check with the airlines and Amtrak about Sterling's travels.
(c) To rest.
(d) To visit Mark James.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kay know who the son Scott is?
2. What happens to Frankie's mother?
3. Who leaves Kay a message asking if she bleaches her hair?
4. What does Kay learn about Sterling from Dr. Ismail?
5. Where are the stolen manuscript, Beryl's tote bag with clothes, bird shot, and pornography found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who stops by Kay's table during breakfast with Ethridge, and whom does she recognize?
2. How does Kay gain PJ's trust?
3. What does Dr. Ismail reveal to Kay and Pete about Sterling?
4. In Chapter 11, why do Pete and Kay travel to Baltimore by train?
5. How does Kay learn that there is something on her back porch, and what is it?
6. In Chapter 13, what does Kay learn about Al Hunt from Dr. Masterson at Valhalla?
7. What does PJ give Kay, and how does that make her feel?
8. How does Al Hunt commit suicide?
9. What happens to Frankie after he leaves Valhalla?
10. What does Kay receive from Mark James, and what does he tell her?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)