|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, in what job role does Kay Scarpetta work?
(a) Richmond coroner.
(b) Private investigator.
(c) Chief medical examiner of Virginia.
(d) Chief forensics detective.
2. What papers does Sparacino want?
(a) The manuscript that Beryl has been writing.
(b) The speech she gave to the DAR.
(c) The contents of her safe deposit box.
(d) The notes from her latest novel.
3. What has Pete figured out about Kay's trip?
(a) She went to visit Sparacino in New York City.
(b) She canceled her air reservation to New York City.
(c) She went to Washington, D.C., to do research.
(d) She went to Chicago to visit Mark James.
4. For what purpose does Mark invite himself into Kay's New York hotel room?
(a) A meeting about Sparacino.
(b) A nightcap.
(c) For intimacy.
(d) A discussion of their past relationship.
5. What is Chamberlayne Gardens?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A retirement home.
(c) A botanical garden.
(d) A cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost how much money does Beryl withdraw from the bank?
2. To whom does Beryl write two personal letters?
3. Who has been stirring up matters between Cary and Beryl regarding Beryl's new book?
4. Why does Kay go to the OCME after arriving in Richmond?
5. What does preliminary analysis suggest could be the source of the melted plastic in the fireplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Pete learn about Jeb Price?
2. What makes Kay suspicious enough to return to her office in the OCME, and what does she find there?
3. In Chapter 7, why does Kay drive to Cutler Grove, and what does she discover when she arrives?
4. How is Mrs. McTigue acquainted with Beryl?
5. Why does Beryl speak at the meeting as a favor?
6. In Chapter 1, how does Pete know that Beryl has not eaten a snack before she is killed?
7. How does Al know Beryl Madison, and what does he discover about her car?
8. In Chapter 4, why does Joni Hamm believe that the killer gets in and out of vehicles all day?
9. Whom does Al Hunt work for at Masterwash, and why does he wear a tie on Fridays?
10. For what reasons is Kay forced to spend the night at Cutler Grove, and what does she do while visiting with Sterling?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)