|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What papers does Sparacino want?
(a) The notes from her latest novel.
(b) The contents of her safe deposit box.
(c) The speech she gave to the DAR.
(d) The manuscript that Beryl has been writing.
2. What does the newspaper headline say about Kay?
(a) She loses a manuscript.
(b) She is a witness to a murder.
(c) She finds a manuscript.
(d) She destroys a manuscript.
3. In what role does Sparacino serve for Beryl Madison's estate?
(d) Probate attorney.
4. Almost how much money does Beryl withdraw from the bank?
5. What of Cary's personal effects does Pete notice in Culpeper's Tavern?
(a) Cary's wallet.
(b) A gold chain.
(c) Cary's jacket.
(d) Cary's driver license.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what age range is the killer thought to be?
2. What offices of Orndorff & Berger does Kay call?
3. How does Kay feel when Mark touches her cheek?
4. Where does Sparacino believe Beryl's unfinished manuscript is?
5. With whom are Beryl's contract disputes?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, in addition to telling Kay that he is relocating to northern Virginia, for what purpose does Mark James visit Kay?
2. In Chapter 4, why does Joni Hamm believe that the killer gets in and out of vehicles all day?
3. What article does Kay omit from her description of Cary Harper's personal effects?
4. What makes Kay suspicious enough to return to her office in the OCME, and what does she find there?
5. In Chapter 8, where does Sterling have Kay sleep, and how comfortable is Kay?
6. Who appears at Kay and Mark's table when they have finished dining, and why does this seem suspicious?
7. How does Al know Beryl Madison, and what does he discover about her car?
8. What does Kay learn from Sterling Harper?
9. In Chapter 6, why does Pete Marino call Kay, and what does Kay do in response?
10. What impression does Kay gain about the time that Beryl Madison lived with the Harpers?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)