|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has seen the pages from the manuscript that is found at the scene?
(a) Kay Scarpetta.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Dr. Fielding.
(d) Pete Marino.
2. In what age range is the killer thought to be?
(a) 40s to 50s.
(b) Mid-20s to 30s.
(c) Late teens to mid-20s.
(d) 30s to 40s.
3. What do initial results of Sterling's autopsy results suggest?
(a) There are problems with Sterling's immune system.
(b) Sterling has diabetes.
(c) Sterling has no appendix.
(d) Sterling has only one kidney.
4. Where does Kay sleep when she spends the night in Cutler Grove?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the library.
(c) In a guest bedroom.
(d) In the basement.
5. What does Kay learn about Mark when she makes phone calls from the airport?
(a) Mark James has just joined the firm.
(b) There is no Mark James at Orndorff & Berger.
(c) Mark James has left the firm.
(d) Mark James works at another law firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the attorney general want to speak with Kay?
2. What happens to Kay's car at the murder scene?
3. What happens to Kay's car?
4. At what venue is the annual DAR event where Beryl is charming and meets Mrs. J. R. McTigue?
5. What does Sterling know about Beryl's last manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Pete Marino call Kay, and what does Kay do in response?
2. In Chapter 5, after dinner and drinks with Sparacino, what does Mark do back at the hotel?
3. Whom does Al Hunt work for at Masterwash, and why does he wear a tie on Fridays?
4. What is the relationship between Sparacino and Ethridge, and why may Sparacino be stirring up trouble?
5. How do newspaper headlines implicate Kay, and why does this prompt Ethridge to caution her?
6. In Chapter 1, how does Pete know that Beryl has not eaten a snack before she is killed?
7. Why does Mark believe that Sparacino is after Kay?
8. In Chapter 7, why does Kay drive to Cutler Grove, and what does she discover when she arrives?
9. Why does Mark telephone Kay, and what happens when Kay tries to find out where he is?
10. In Chapter 3, where does Kay learn about Beryl's lecture, and for what organization does she learn that Beryl spoke?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)