|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition is the manuscript found in Beryl's bedroom?
(c) Only partially complete.
2. In what month does Beryl speak at the DAR meeting?
3. Who calls Pete after hours to bully him about Beryl's papers?
(a) Cary Harper.
(b) Dr. Fielding.
(c) Mark James.
4. How old is Jeb Price?
5. How does Ethridge know Sparacino?
(a) They were law school classmates.
(b) They belong to the same political party.
(c) They grew up in the same city.
(d) They served on a jury together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago was the painting over the fireplace framed?
2. Where does Kay sleep when she spends the night in Cutler Grove?
3. Why does the attorney general want to speak with Kay?
4. Who warns Kay to stay out of the murder investigations?
5. In addition to being Beryl's attorney, what other role does Sparacino play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sparacino and Ethridge, and why may Sparacino be stirring up trouble?
2. Whom does Al Hunt work for at Masterwash, and why does he wear a tie on Fridays?
3. What makes Kay suspicious enough to return to her office in the OCME, and what does she find there?
4. What does Kay keep asking herself as she investigates Beryl's house with Pete Marino?
5. For what reason does Mark send Kay an airplane ticket to New York City?
6. What does Kay do when Sparacino accuses her directly of being paid to give Harper the manuscript?
7. How is Mrs. McTigue acquainted with Beryl?
8. Waiting for her flight back to Richmond, what does Kay learn about Mark James?
9. What impression does Kay gain about the time that Beryl Madison lived with the Harpers?
10. Why does Mark telephone Kay, and what happens when Kay tries to find out where he is?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)