|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of Cary's personal effects does Pete notice in Culpeper's Tavern?
(a) Cary's driver license.
(b) Cary's wallet.
(c) Cary's jacket.
(d) A gold chain.
2. Who has seen the pages from the manuscript that is found at the scene?
(a) Kay Scarpetta.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Dr. Fielding.
(d) Mark James.
3. To where does Mark send Kay a ticket unexpectedly after she leaves Joni Hamm?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York City.
4. For whom does Benton Wesley do profiling work?
(b) Richmond police.
5. What does Hunt point out about Beryl's car door?
(a) The window is cracked.
(b) The door doesn't close properly.
(c) The door has a rust hole.
(d) A heart and some letters are gouged into it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beryl running scared about a month before her death?
2. What does Kay learn about Mark when she makes phone calls from the airport?
3. What type of gun is on the kitchen counter in Beryl's home?
4. Who appears at the restaurant as Kay and Mark finish dinner?
5. What information does Joni Hamm give Kay regarding the trace evidence for Beryl Madison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Al Hunt work for at Masterwash, and why does he wear a tie on Fridays?
2. What does Kay learn from Sterling Harper?
3. In Chapter 8, where does Sterling have Kay sleep, and how comfortable is Kay?
4. In Chapter 7, why does Kay drive to Cutler Grove, and what does she discover when she arrives?
5. For what reason does Mark send Kay an airplane ticket to New York City?
6. What does Kay do when Sparacino accuses her directly of being paid to give Harper the manuscript?
7. In what condition does Kay find Sterling during the middle of the night?
8. What item is missing from Beryl's personal effects, and how does Sparacino go about getting information from Kay about it during their meeting?
9. How do newspaper headlines implicate Kay, and why does this prompt Ethridge to caution her?
10. In Chapter 6, why does Pete Marino call Kay, and what does Kay do in response?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)