|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kay learn about Sterling from Dr. Ismail?
(a) Sterling was writing a novel.
(b) Sterling's cancer was not doing well.
(c) Sterling had a daughter.
(d) Sterling had a son.
2. What person is abusive in Chapter 13?
(a) Mark James.
(b) Al Hunt's mother.
(c) Al Hunt's father.
3. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 17?
(b) Labor Day.
(c) New Year.
4. What happens to Pete's LTD?
(a) It is vandalized.
(b) It runs out of gas.
(c) It explodes.
(d) The license plates are stolen.
5. What does Pete advise Kay to do for her safety?
(a) Call Ethridge.
(b) Modify her normal routines and report anything unusual.
(c) Stay with Pete.
(d) Give up on the investigation of the murders.
6. Who comes to Kay's door just after she arrives home from the airport?
(a) A taxi cab driver.
(b) A courier from Omega Courier Service.
(c) Her neighbor.
7. Whom does the killer watch jealously?
(a) The investigators.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Mr. Hilgeman.
8. On what document is Kay's office address written rather than her home address?
(a) The travel itinerary.
(b) Kay's airline ticket.
(c) The baggage claim ticket.
(d) The manuscript.
9. How did Sterling travel to Baltimore?
(a) By truck.
(b) By car.
(c) By air.
(d) By train.
10. Who is PJ's partner?
11. What does Mark send Kay after she returns to Richmond?
(a) One dozen lilies.
(b) One dozen roses.
(c) Two dozen lilies.
(d) Two dozen roses.
12. What does Mark point out about the opening of Chapter 25?
(a) The page is torn.
(b) The page is tear stained.
(c) The page is blood stained.
(d) The page is a photocopy.
13. What does Kay threaten to do if Frankie calls her again?
(a) Tell him to stop bothering him.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Call his father.
(d) Joke with him.
14. Where does Pete say he last saw the medallion?
(a) At the murder scene.
(b) Sterling Harper was wearing it.
(c) In Cutler Grove.
(d) In the tavern.
15. What function does Backhall serve at Valhalla?
(a) A forensic unit.
(b) A solitary unit.
(c) An admissions unit.
(d) A schizophrenic unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does PJ promise Beryl in Key West?
2. Who is the M to whom the two letters are written?
3. How does Kay know who the son Scott is?
4. What does Kay notice about the paper that is wrapped around Beryl's picture at Mrs. McTigue's home?
5. What is the name of the psychiatric hospital where the killer was a patient?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)