|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim Barnes die?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He falls and cracks his skull.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) He takes a drug overdose.
2. Why is Kay traveling?
(a) To find the manuscript.
(b) To escape the person calling her.
(c) To see her mother.
(d) To see Mark James.
3. What does Mark send Kay after she returns to Richmond?
(a) Two dozen lilies.
(b) Two dozen roses.
(c) One dozen roses.
(d) One dozen lilies.
4. What is one characteristic of a Valhalla patient named Frankie?
(a) He uses profanity repeatedly.
(b) He sways from side to side.
(c) He touches himself.
(d) He is obsessively neat.
5. What does Pete advise Kay to do for her safety?
(a) Stay with Pete.
(b) Call Ethridge.
(c) Give up on the investigation of the murders.
(d) Modify her normal routines and report anything unusual.
6. In Chapter 15, after Kay rents a car in Miami, where does she drive?
(b) Key West.
7. Why does Kay take annual leave?
(a) To visit Mark James.
(b) To check with the airlines and Amtrak about Sterling's travels.
(c) To rest.
(d) To visit her mother.
8. Who has been released from jail on bond?
(a) Al Hunt.
(d) Jeb Price.
9. In Chapter 12, why is Kay terrified to go out to breakfast the next morning?
(a) She has received a threatening phone call.
(b) She is afraid of Ethridge.
(c) Someone tried to kill her.
(d) Sparacino is in town.
10. Beyond having chronic myelocytic leukemia, what does Sterling have in her bloodstream?
11. What function does Backhall serve at Valhalla?
(a) A schizophrenic unit.
(b) A forensic unit.
(c) A solitary unit.
(d) An admissions unit.
12. What does Jim Barnes do to a mute patient?
(a) He kisses the patient.
(b) He berates the patient.
(c) He ties the patient up.
(d) He fondles the patient.
13. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 17?
(b) New Year.
(c) Labor Day.
14. Who has possibly made a complaint against Jim Jim?
(a) Jeanie Sample.
(c) Dr. Masterson.
(d) Al Hunt.
15. Where are the stolen manuscript, Beryl's tote bag with clothes, bird shot, and pornography found?
(a) In Frankie's apartment.
(b) In Frankie's room at Valhalla.
(c) In Frankie's trash dumpster outside.
(d) In Frankie's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hotel did Sterling stay during her hospital visits?
2. Why does Pete think Beryl runs away to Key West?
3. When are the Harpers and Beryl Madison guests of the McTigue's?
4. What does PJ promise Beryl in Key West?
5. Who runs away from home ?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)