|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Ethridge say has Mark James done time?
(c) Grand larceny.
(d) Racketeering and fraud.
2. Whom does Kay call to provide an update on her travel plans?
(c) Benton Wesley.
3. Who falls for the same ploy as Beryl Madison?
(a) Joni Hamm.
(d) Jeanie Sample.
4. What person is abusive in Chapter 13?
(a) Al Hunt's father.
(b) Al Hunt's mother.
(c) Mark James.
5. What dog does Kay name to validate her knowledge?
6. What does Kay learn about Sterling from Dr. Ismail?
(a) Sterling had a daughter.
(b) Sterling had a son.
(c) Sterling was writing a novel.
(d) Sterling's cancer was not doing well.
7. Why is Kay looking for PJ?
(a) He is in one of Beryl's Civil War books.
(b) He is mentioned in Beryl's letters.
(c) Pete knows him.
(d) She wants to have a drink with him.
8. How many employees are there at the car wash?
9. How does Jim Barnes die?
(a) He falls and cracks his skull.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He takes a drug overdose.
10. On what document is Kay's office address written rather than her home address?
(a) The travel itinerary.
(b) The manuscript.
(c) Kay's airline ticket.
(d) The baggage claim ticket.
11. What is the name of the psychiatric hospital where the killer was a patient?
(b) The Veterans Administration Hospital.
(c) Richmond Memorial.
(d) Hampton General Hospital.
12. Who has possibly made a complaint against Jim Jim?
(a) Jeanie Sample.
(b) Dr. Masterson.
(d) Al Hunt.
13. To where do Pete and Kay return in Chapter 14?
(b) Cutler Grove.
14. Who is the M to whom the two letters are written?
(b) Mrs. McTigue.
(d) Mark James.
15. Who is Frankie's social worker?
(a) Jim Barnes.
(b) Warner Masterson.
(c) Sue Warren.
(d) Jeanie Sample.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ethridge say he thinks may be responsible for the break-in in Kay's office?
2. To whom has Joe McTigue written?
3. In Chapter 12, why is Kay terrified to go out to breakfast the next morning?
4. What does Kay learn about Mark in Chapter 16 when she discovers him in her Key West hotel room?
5. In Chapter 17, whom does Kay kill after he enters her home?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)