|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kay and Mark do after they make love and sleep?
(a) Walk the beach.
(b) Eat breakfast.
(c) Read the manuscript.
(d) Take a shower.
2. What person is abusive in Chapter 13?
(b) Al Hunt's father.
(c) Al Hunt's mother.
(d) Mark James.
3. Whom does Kay call to provide an update on her travel plans?
(d) Benton Wesley.
4. When are the Harpers and Beryl Madison guests of the McTigue's?
(a) At Labor Day.
(b) Just after Christmas.
(c) At Thanksgiving.
(d) At Valentine's Day.
5. How did Sterling travel to Baltimore?
(a) By car.
(b) By truck.
(c) By air.
(d) By train.
6. How does Kay know who the son Scott is?
(a) She remembers seeing him at Gallaghers.
(b) She has read a newspaper story about him.
(c) She sat next to him on her flight to New York.
(d) She learns he is a friend of Jeb Price.
7. What happens to Pete's LTD?
(a) It explodes.
(b) The license plates are stolen.
(c) It is vandalized.
(d) It runs out of gas.
8. Who has sued Kay, the police, and the governor?
(c) Mark James.
9. Who comes to Kay's house to give her a profile of the killer?
(b) Mark James.
(d) Al Hunt.
10. What evidence is connected to an airline hijacking in Athens, Greece?
(a) The trilobal orange acrylic fiber.
(c) The manuscript.
11. What does PJ give Kay?
(a) Part of the manuscript.
(b) The manuscript and the two letters.
(c) Part of the manuscript at the two letters.
(d) The two letters.
12. Who leaves Kay a message asking if she bleaches her hair?
(c) A breathy young male.
13. When was Frank Ethan Aims (Frankie) released from Valhalla?
(a) September 1980.
(b) July 1980.
(c) September 1979.
(d) July 1979.
14. How does Kay carry the manuscript back to the hotel?
(a) In a briefcase.
(b) In a satchel.
(c) In a paper bag.
(d) In a knapsack.
15. For what is Sterling Harper being treated?
(b) Heart disease.
(d) Lung disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, whom does Kay kill after he enters her home?
2. Who commits suicide by hanging?
3. Who has been released from jail on bond?
4. How does PJ react to Kay's initial questions about Beryl? .
5. Who is Al Hunt's psychiatrist?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)