|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the stolen manuscript, Beryl's tote bag with clothes, bird shot, and pornography found?
(a) In Frankie's car.
(b) In Frankie's room at Valhalla.
(c) In Frankie's trash dumpster outside.
(d) In Frankie's apartment.
2. Whom does Kay call to provide an update on her travel plans?
(c) Benton Wesley.
3. In what profession does Al do well?
(d) ER nurse.
4. In Chapter 13, where is Valhalla Hospital?
(a) Albemarle County, Virginia.
(b) Henreico County, Virginia.
(c) York County, Virginia.
(d) James County, Virginia.
5. When are the Harpers and Beryl Madison guests of the McTigue's?
(a) At Valentine's Day.
(b) Just after Christmas.
(c) At Labor Day.
(d) At Thanksgiving.
6. What does Kay notice about the paper that is wrapped around Beryl's picture at Mrs. McTigue's home?
(a) It is embossed.
(b) It is speckled.
(c) It is poor quality rag stock.
(d) It is high-quality rag stock.
7. What does Pete advise Kay to do for her safety?
(a) Call Ethridge.
(b) Stay with Pete.
(c) Give up on the investigation of the murders.
(d) Modify her normal routines and report anything unusual.
8. Whom does the killer watch jealously?
(a) Mark James.
(b) The investigators.
(d) Mr. Hilgeman.
9. Who does Hunt say is the killer?
(a) Jim Jim.
(d) Mark James.
10. Who calls Kay to warn her about not having other men in the house?
(a) Mark James.
11. What does Kay learn about Sterling from Dr. Ismail?
(a) Sterling had a son.
(b) Sterling's cancer was not doing well.
(c) Sterling had a daughter.
(d) Sterling was writing a novel.
12. Why is Kay looking for PJ?
(a) He is mentioned in Beryl's letters.
(b) She wants to have a drink with him.
(c) He is in one of Beryl's Civil War books.
(d) Pete knows him.
13. How many milligrams of levomethorphan are enough to kill a person?
14. What is the name of the psychiatric hospital where the killer was a patient?
(a) The Veterans Administration Hospital.
(b) Richmond Memorial.
(c) Hampton General Hospital.
15. Who is Jeanie Sample?
(a) A secretary at Valhalla.
(b) A cousin of Jim Barnes.
(c) A psychiatrist at Valhalla.
(d) A Valhalla employee who is a witness to the death of Jim Barnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence is connected to an airline hijacking in Athens, Greece?
2. What drug does Sterling Harper ingest in a massive amount?
3. What dog does Kay name to validate her knowledge?
4. Who falls for the same ploy as Beryl Madison?
5. How does PJ react to Kay's initial questions about Beryl? .
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)