|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has Sterling remained a close friend?
(a) Joni Hamm.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Kay Scarpetta.
(d) Beryl Madison.
2. What leverage does Sparacino use to try to intimidate Kay into cooperating with him?
(a) A subpoena from the Virginia Supreme Court to appear on charges of theft.
(b) A sanction from the American Medical Association for malfeasance.
(c) A lawsuit claiming someone in her office stole from bodies.
(d) Photocopies of articles containing accusations of theft from a body by her office.
3. Where does Kay sleep when she spends the night in Cutler Grove?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In a guest bedroom.
(d) In the library.
4. Where in Cutler Grove is there an oil portrait of a young girl?
(a) In the foyer.
(b) Over the fireplace.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In Cary Harper's bedroom.
5. From where does Joni suspect that the six nylon fibers in the trace analysis source originate?
(a) From homes.
(b) From restaurants.
(c) From vehicles.
(d) From offices.
6. How old is Jeb Price?
7. In what type of work is Mark James's firm involved?
(a) Police investigations.
(b) Contract disputes.
(c) Medical malpractice.
(d) Family law.
8. In what month does Beryl speak at the DAR meeting?
9. In what condition is the manuscript found in Beryl's bedroom?
(a) Only partially complete.
10. Who is the only person whom Cary Harper ever loved?
(a) Kay Scarpetta.
(b) Joni Hamm.
(c) Sterling Harper.
(d) Beryl Madison.
11. What offices of Orndorff & Berger does Kay call?
(a) New York and Chicago.
(b) New York and Atlanta.
(c) Chicago and Washington, D.C.
(d) Chicago and St. Louis.
12. What is Mrs. McTigue's impression of Cary Harper?
(a) He is insecure.
(b) He is balding.
(c) He is unimpressive.
(d) He cuts an impressive figure.
13. For what purpose does Mark invite himself into Kay's New York hotel room?
(a) A nightcap.
(b) For intimacy.
(c) A meeting about Sparacino.
(d) A discussion of their past relationship.
14. What does Sterling tell Kay that she told Cary?
(a) Not to drive his Rolls Royce.
(b) Not to go to Culpeper's every evening.
(c) To call Beryl.
(d) To write another book.
15. What business was Joe McTigue in when he was alive?
(b) Property management.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kay learn about Mark when she makes phone calls from the airport?
2. What nickname does Kay's mother call her daughter?
3. How many fibers have a distinctive shape and an unusual color?
4. In Chapter 3, where does Kay Scarpetta go to learn more about Beryl's writing?
5. What does Kay discover about a box of film in the morgue?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)