|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where is Mark James moving to?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) West Virginia.
2. What do initial results of Sterling's autopsy results suggest?
(a) Sterling has diabetes.
(b) There are problems with Sterling's immune system.
(c) Sterling has no appendix.
(d) Sterling has only one kidney.
3. What extra work does Beryl ask Hunt to do?
(a) Clean her car's upholstery.
(b) Clean her car's windows.
(c) Remove spilled orange juice from her trunk.
(d) Shampoo her car's interior carpets.
4. What is missing and therefore cannot substantiate rape?
(c) Seminal fluid.
5. What is scattered all over the deceased's body?
(d) Bird shot.
6. What types of colors does Hunt say Beryl gives off as signals?
(a) Mild colors.
(b) Warm colors.
(c) Mixed colors.
(d) Arctic colors.
7. How long ago was the painting over the fireplace framed?
(a) 15 years ago.
(b) 12 years ago.
(c) 10 years ago.
(d) 8 years ago.
8. Who has been murdered?
(a) Sterling Harper.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Beryl Madison.
(d) Mrs. J. R. McTigue.
9. In Chapter 7, where is Cary Harper murdered?
(a) In Colonial Williamsburg.
(b) At Culpeper's Tavern.
(c) Outside his Cutler Grove home.
(d) In his bedroom in Cutler's Grove.
10. What does Pete discover when he reviews Beryl's floppy disks?
(a) Nothing. He finds no memoirs or letters.
(b) He finds a letter from Cary.
(c) He finds a letter from Beryl.
(d) He finds several chapters of Beryl's latest Civil War book.
11. Where does Sparacino believe Beryl's unfinished manuscript is?
(a) In Beryl's home.
(b) In the Richmond Police Station.
(c) In Kay Scarpetta's office.
(d) At Cary Harper's plantation.
12. In Chapter 8, where is Kay's .38 revolver?
(a) At home.
(b) In her car.
(c) In the OCME.
(d) In Pete's car.
13. What does Hunt point out about Beryl's car door?
(a) A heart and some letters are gouged into it.
(b) The door has a rust hole.
(c) The door doesn't close properly.
(d) The window is cracked.
14. At what venue is the annual DAR event where Beryl is charming and meets Mrs. J. R. McTigue?
(a) A cocktail party.
(b) A breakfast.
(c) A luncheon.
(d) A dinner.
15. In Chapter 9, what other crimes has Jeb Price committed?
(a) Jeb has a speeding ticket.
(b) Jeb is a convicted killer.
(c) Jeb Price has no criminal record.
(d) Jeff has committed petty larceny.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Mark invite himself into Kay's New York hotel room?
2. For whom does Benton Wesley do profiling work?
3. What papers does Sparacino want?
4. What word clue does Kay's team find from slivers of paper from the ashes?
5. To where does Mark send Kay a ticket unexpectedly after she leaves Joni Hamm?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)