|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Kay to stay out of the murder investigations?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) Dr. Watts.
(c) Mark James.
2. Who has been murdered?
(a) Sterling Harper.
(b) Mrs. J. R. McTigue.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Beryl Madison.
3. What does Mark do after he and Kay leave Sparacino's office?
(a) He puts her into a cab headed to the airport, without lunch.
(b) He leaves New York City.
(c) He suggests they meet later in the day.
(d) He buys her lunch.
4. What papers does Sparacino want?
(a) The manuscript that Beryl has been writing.
(b) The notes from her latest novel.
(c) The speech she gave to the DAR.
(d) The contents of her safe deposit box.
5. In Chapter 9, what other crimes has Jeb Price committed?
(a) Jeff has committed petty larceny.
(b) Jeb has a speeding ticket.
(c) Jeb Price has no criminal record.
(d) Jeb is a convicted killer.
6. What extra work does Beryl ask Hunt to do?
(a) Remove spilled orange juice from her trunk.
(b) Shampoo her car's interior carpets.
(c) Clean her car's windows.
(d) Clean her car's upholstery.
7. What does Sterling tell Kay that she told Cary?
(a) Not to drive his Rolls Royce.
(b) Not to go to Culpeper's every evening.
(c) To write another book.
(d) To call Beryl.
8. Where does Sparacino believe Beryl's unfinished manuscript is?
(a) In Beryl's home.
(b) In the Richmond Police Station.
(c) At Cary Harper's plantation.
(d) In Kay Scarpetta's office.
9. What does the newspaper headline say about Kay?
(a) She is a witness to a murder.
(b) She destroys a manuscript.
(c) She finds a manuscript.
(d) She loses a manuscript.
10. What did Al Hunt formerly do for a living before he begins working for his father at Masterwash?
11. To where does Mark send Kay a ticket unexpectedly after she leaves Joni Hamm?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
12. In Chapter 7, where is Cary Harper murdered?
(a) At Culpeper's Tavern.
(b) In his bedroom in Cutler's Grove.
(c) Outside his Cutler Grove home.
(d) In Colonial Williamsburg.
13. Where does Kay sleep when she spends the night in Cutler Grove?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In a guest bedroom.
(d) In the library.
14. What does Kay discover about Sterling?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is dizzy.
(d) She is delirious.
15. What has Pete figured out about Kay's trip?
(a) She went to Chicago to visit Mark James.
(b) She canceled her air reservation to New York City.
(c) She went to Washington, D.C., to do research.
(d) She went to visit Sparacino in New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do initial results of Sterling's autopsy results suggest?
2. In Chapter 4, in what type of solution must fibers be placed before they go into an ultrasound bath?
3. With whom has Sterling remained a close friend?
4. How did these fibers become attached to Beryl?
5. What is placed in the metal pipe?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)