|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kay sleep when she spends the night in Cutler Grove?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In a guest bedroom.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the basement.
2. What does Hunt point out about Beryl's car door?
(a) A heart and some letters are gouged into it.
(b) The door doesn't close properly.
(c) The window is cracked.
(d) The door has a rust hole.
3. To whom does Beryl write two personal letters?
4. In Chapter 5, at what time do Kay, Mark, and Sparacino finish drinking?
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
5. When does Hunt claim to have spoken with Beryl?
(a) The last time Beryl came in to the car wash.
(b) He speaks with Beryl every day.
(c) He spoke with her during her last two visits.
(d) He claims never to have spoken with her.
6. What does Mark James do when Kay asks him where he is?
(a) He hangs up the phone.
(b) He lies about his location.
(c) He asks to meet her as soon as possible.
(d) He refuses to answer the question.
7. Who has been stirring up matters between Cary and Beryl regarding Beryl's new book?
(b) Kay Scarpetta.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Pete Marino.
8. For how many years has Joe McTigue been working at Cutler Grove?
9. How old is Jeb Price?
10. What is missing and therefore cannot substantiate rape?
(b) Seminal fluid.
11. What type of gun is on the kitchen counter in Beryl's home?
(a) .380 automatic.
(b) .45 Colt.
(c) Ruger .38.
12. What does the newspaper headline say about Kay?
(a) She finds a manuscript.
(b) She loses a manuscript.
(c) She destroys a manuscript.
(d) She is a witness to a murder.
13. Almost how much money does Beryl withdraw from the bank?
14. What wakes Kay while at Cutler Grove?
(a) She needs something to drink.
(b) Sterling calls her.
(c) She forgets her purse.
(d) She hears noises.
15. Why does Kay go to the OCME after arriving in Richmond?
(a) To develop her film.
(b) To check on the two Harper bodies.
(c) To write a report.
(d) To check her phone messages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fibers have a distinctive shape and an unusual color?
2. What does Kay discover in her OCME office?
3. What papers does Sparacino want?
4. In what role does Sparacino serve for Beryl Madison's estate?
5. What leverage does Sparacino use to try to intimidate Kay into cooperating with him?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)