|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Joe McTigue do some work?
(a) For Beryl Madison.
(b) For Cary Harper.
(c) For Sterling Harper.
(d) For Kay Scarpetta.
2. What has Pete figured out about Kay's trip?
(a) She canceled her air reservation to New York City.
(b) She went to visit Sparacino in New York City.
(c) She went to Chicago to visit Mark James.
(d) She went to Washington, D.C., to do research.
3. What type of gun is on the kitchen counter in Beryl's home?
(a) .45 Colt.
(b) .380 automatic.
(c) Ruger .38.
4. In what month does Beryl speak at the DAR meeting?
5. What does Sterling tell Kay that she told Cary?
(a) Not to drive his Rolls Royce.
(b) To call Beryl.
(c) To write another book.
(d) Not to go to Culpeper's every evening.
6. What does Kay discover about Sterling?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is dizzy.
(c) She is delirious.
(d) She is dead.
7. In Chapter 2, where is Mark James moving to?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) West Virginia.
8. Almost how much money does Beryl withdraw from the bank?
9. Why does the attorney general want to speak with Kay?
(a) To go over the Beryl Madison evidence.
(b) To quash the publicity about the missing manuscript.
(c) To offer Kay a new position.
(d) So she can meet Sparacino for lunch.
10. How does Ethridge know Sparacino?
(a) They grew up in the same city.
(b) They belong to the same political party.
(c) They were law school classmates.
(d) They served on a jury together.
11. What is scattered all over the deceased's body?
(b) Bird shot.
12. For how many years has Joe McTigue been working at Cutler Grove?
13. Where does Kay sleep when she spends the night in Cutler Grove?
(a) In the library.
(b) In a guest bedroom.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the basement.
14. In Chapter 4, in what type of solution must fibers be placed before they go into an ultrasound bath?
(a) An acetone solution.
(b) An icy solution.
(c) A soapy solution.
(d) A formaldehyde solution.
15. With whom has Sterling remained a close friend?
(a) Kay Scarpetta.
(b) Beryl Madison.
(c) Pete Marino.
(d) Joni Hamm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jeb Price?
2. Under what name is "Flag of Honor" written?
3. Who has a lot to lose if the manuscript is published?
4. What does Kay discover about a box of film in the morgue?
5. What do initial results of Sterling's autopsy results suggest?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)