|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who can discuss the details of Beryl's case with Sparacino?
(a) Joni Hamm.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Kay Scarpetta.
(d) Pete Marino.
2. What word clue does Kay's team find from slivers of paper from the ashes?
(a) Bor Co.
3. At what venue is the annual DAR event where Beryl is charming and meets Mrs. J. R. McTigue?
(a) A breakfast.
(b) A cocktail party.
(c) A luncheon.
(d) A dinner.
4. In addition to being Beryl's attorney, what other role does Sparacino play?
(a) Estate executor.
5. How many fibers has Joni collected from Beryl's hair, neck, chest, and fingernails?
6. What types of colors does Hunt say Beryl gives off as signals?
(a) Arctic colors.
(b) Warm colors.
(c) Mild colors.
(d) Mixed colors.
7. What information does Joni Hamm give Kay regarding the trace evidence for Beryl Madison?
(a) A fingerprint report.
(b) A preliminary fiber analysis.
(c) An autopsy report.
(d) A final fiber analysis.
8. In Chapter 6, what does the Chicago medical examiner know about Mark James?
(a) He thinks Mark James is an attorney.
(b) He had lunch with Mark James yesterday.
(c) He thinks Mark James lives in Chicago.
(d) He knows nothing about Mark James.
9. How did these fibers become attached to Beryl?
(a) From Beryl's living room sofa.
(b) From the taxi home from the airport.
(c) From a passive transfer from the assailant to Beryl.
(d) From the airplane from Florida to Richmond.
10. What extra work does Beryl ask Hunt to do?
(a) Remove spilled orange juice from her trunk.
(b) Clean her car's upholstery.
(c) Clean her car's windows.
(d) Shampoo her car's interior carpets.
11. What did Al Hunt formerly do for a living before he begins working for his father at Masterwash?
12. What is Chamberlayne Gardens?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A retirement home.
(c) A botanical garden.
(d) A hotel.
13. What is the rank of Pete Marino?
14. What does preliminary analysis suggest could be the source of the melted plastic in the fireplace?
(a) A snack container.
(b) Sterling's tote bag.
(c) Kay's medical bag.
(d) Prescription drugs.
15. What offices of Orndorff & Berger does Kay call?
(a) New York and Atlanta.
(b) Chicago and Washington, D.C.
(c) New York and Chicago.
(d) Chicago and St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where is Cary Harper murdered?
2. What does Mark James do when Kay asks him where he is?
3. What has Pete figured out about Kay's trip?
4. What nickname does Kay's mother call her daughter?
5. What does Kay discover in her OCME office?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)