|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been murdered?
(a) Mrs. J. R. McTigue.
(b) Sterling Harper.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Beryl Madison.
2. To whom does Beryl write two personal letters?
3. What word clue does Kay's team find from slivers of paper from the ashes?
(d) Bor Co.
4. How long ago was the painting over the fireplace framed?
(a) 12 years ago.
(b) 10 years ago.
(c) 15 years ago.
(d) 8 years ago.
5. Who warns Kay to stay out of the murder investigations?
(a) Dr. Watts.
(b) Mark James.
(d) Pete Marino.
6. What of Cary's personal effects does Pete notice in Culpeper's Tavern?
(a) Cary's driver license.
(b) Cary's wallet.
(c) Cary's jacket.
(d) A gold chain.
7. What is the rank of Pete Marino?
8. What offices of Orndorff & Berger does Kay call?
(a) New York and Chicago.
(b) New York and Atlanta.
(c) Chicago and St. Louis.
(d) Chicago and Washington, D.C.
9. In Chapter 5, at what time do Kay, Mark, and Sparacino finish drinking?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
10. What does Mark James do when Kay asks him where he is?
(a) He asks to meet her as soon as possible.
(b) He refuses to answer the question.
(c) He hangs up the phone.
(d) He lies about his location.
11. How does Ethridge know Sparacino?
(a) They grew up in the same city.
(b) They served on a jury together.
(c) They were law school classmates.
(d) They belong to the same political party.
12. In Chapter 8, where is Kay's .38 revolver?
(a) In the OCME.
(b) At home.
(c) In Pete's car.
(d) In her car.
13. Where does Kay spend the night?
(a) In her car.
(b) At Cutler Grove.
(c) In Williamsburg.
(d) At her Richmond home.
14. To where does Mark send Kay a ticket unexpectedly after she leaves Joni Hamm?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
15. What is scattered all over the deceased's body?
(a) Bird shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to being Beryl's attorney, what other role does Sparacino play?
2. What does Mark do after he and Kay leave Sparacino's office?
3. For how many years has Joe McTigue been working at Cutler Grove?
4. Who has a lot to lose if the manuscript is published?
5. Almost how much money does Beryl withdraw from the bank?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)