|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fibers has Joni collected from Beryl's hair, neck, chest, and fingernails?
2. How many fibers have a distinctive shape and an unusual color?
3. When does Hunt claim to have spoken with Beryl?
(a) He speaks with Beryl every day.
(b) He claims never to have spoken with her.
(c) He spoke with her during her last two visits.
(d) The last time Beryl came in to the car wash.
4. What does Kay discover in her OCME office?
(a) A powerfully built man looking through files.
(b) Her film.
(c) A flood.
(d) Her medical bag.
5. What does preliminary analysis suggest could be the source of the melted plastic in the fireplace?
(a) Kay's medical bag.
(b) A snack container.
(c) Sterling's tote bag.
(d) Prescription drugs.
6. What does Sterling know about Beryl's last manuscript?
(a) That is another historical novel.
(b) That it is soon to be published.
(c) That it is excellent.
(d) That it has disappeared.
7. From what source do the white ashes in the fireplace come?
(a) 60-pound rag paper.
(b) Carbon paper.
(d) 20-pound rag paper.
8. What nickname does Kay's mother call her daughter?
9. What is Mrs. McTigue's impression of Cary Harper?
(a) He is insecure.
(b) He is unimpressive.
(c) He cuts an impressive figure.
(d) He is balding.
10. What is the rank of Pete Marino?
11. What does Ethridge ask Kay to find?
(a) The missing box of film.
(b) The manuscript.
(c) More trace evidence.
(d) Cary Harper's gold chain.
12. Why does the attorney general want to speak with Kay?
(a) To offer Kay a new position.
(b) To quash the publicity about the missing manuscript.
(c) To go over the Beryl Madison evidence.
(d) So she can meet Sparacino for lunch.
13. What information does Joni Hamm give Kay regarding the trace evidence for Beryl Madison?
(a) A preliminary fiber analysis.
(b) An autopsy report.
(c) A final fiber analysis.
(d) A fingerprint report.
14. Who calls Pete after hours to bully him about Beryl's papers?
(b) Cary Harper.
(c) Mark James.
(d) Dr. Fielding.
15. What business was Joe McTigue in when he was alive?
(a) Property management.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing and therefore cannot substantiate rape?
2. Who has been murdered?
3. For how many years has Joe McTigue been working at Cutler Grove?
4. In addition to being Beryl's attorney, what other role does Sparacino play?
5. Who has been stirring up matters between Cary and Beryl regarding Beryl's new book?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)