|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Joni Hamm give Kay regarding the trace evidence for Beryl Madison?
(a) A final fiber analysis.
(b) An autopsy report.
(c) A preliminary fiber analysis.
(d) A fingerprint report.
2. What has Pete figured out about Kay's trip?
(a) She went to Chicago to visit Mark James.
(b) She went to visit Sparacino in New York City.
(c) She went to Washington, D.C., to do research.
(d) She canceled her air reservation to New York City.
3. What does Kay do with the picture over the fireplace?
(a) She burns it.
(b) She takes it down and notes the framer's address.
(c) She studies it for a long time.
(d) She removes it and throws it away.
4. To whom does Beryl write two personal letters?
5. What is scattered all over the deceased's body?
(a) Bird shot.
6. Who is the only person who can discuss the details of Beryl's case with Sparacino?
(a) Joni Hamm.
(b) Mark James.
(c) Kay Scarpetta.
(d) Pete Marino.
7. Who has been murdered?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) Mrs. J. R. McTigue.
(c) Sterling Harper.
(d) Beryl Madison.
8. What word clue does Kay's team find from slivers of paper from the ashes?
(d) Bor Co.
9. With whom are Beryl's contract disputes?
(a) Kay Scarpetta.
(b) Cary Harper.
(c) Sterling Harper.
(d) Benton Wesley.
10. What does Mark James do when Kay asks him where he is?
(a) He refuses to answer the question.
(b) He lies about his location.
(c) He hangs up the phone.
(d) He asks to meet her as soon as possible.
11. Where in Cutler Grove is there an oil portrait of a young girl?
(a) In Cary Harper's bedroom.
(b) In the foyer.
(c) Over the fireplace.
(d) In the dining room.
12. In Chapter 7, where is Cary Harper murdered?
(a) Outside his Cutler Grove home.
(b) In Colonial Williamsburg.
(c) At Culpeper's Tavern.
(d) In his bedroom in Cutler's Grove.
13. In Chapter 4, in what type of solution must fibers be placed before they go into an ultrasound bath?
(a) An icy solution.
(b) An acetone solution.
(c) A soapy solution.
(d) A formaldehyde solution.
14. From where does Joni suspect that the six nylon fibers in the trace analysis source originate?
(a) From homes.
(b) From restaurants.
(c) From offices.
(d) From vehicles.
15. What did Al Hunt formerly do for a living before he begins working for his father at Masterwash?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person whom Cary Harper ever loved?
2. What does Ethridge ask Kay to find?
3. How old is Al Hunt?
4. What does Kay discover about Sterling?
5. What does Kay discover in her OCME office?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)