1. In Chapter 1, in what job role does Kay Scarpetta work?
(a) Chief forensics detective.
(b) Chief medical examiner of Virginia.
(c) Richmond coroner.
(d) Private investigator.
2. Who has been murdered?
(a) Sterling Harper.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Mrs. J. R. McTigue.
(d) Beryl Madison.
3. What is the rank of Pete Marino?
4. To whom does Beryl write two personal letters?
5. What type of gun is on the kitchen counter in Beryl's home?
(a) Ruger .38.
(c) .45 Colt.
(d) .380 automatic.
6. What is missing and therefore cannot substantiate rape?
(b) Seminal fluid.
7. In Chapter 2, where is Mark James moving to?
(a) West Virginia.
(d) North Carolina.
8. In what type of work is Mark James's firm involved?
(a) Police investigations.
(b) Family law.
(c) Medical malpractice.
(d) Contract disputes.
9. With whom are Beryl's contract disputes?
(a) Kay Scarpetta.
(b) Sterling Harper.
(c) Benton Wesley.
(d) Cary Harper.
10. For whom does Benton Wesley do profiling work?
(b) Richmond police.
This section contains 3,948 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)