|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact does Mrs. Creed reveal about herself?
2. What does Torey see when he is lying there with his leg broken?
3. Why is Torey regretting his behavior from a year earlier?
4. How does Ali know about all the problems of kids at school?
5. Who accosts Torey on the bus with questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who calls Torey from school and what do they talk about?
2. What do Torey, Ali and Bo decide to do about Isabella once they found her name?
3. What does Mrs. Adams say about Bo and why? What does Ali tell her about her fears?
4. What do Ali and Torey discover about Chris and another town?
5. What does Mrs. Creed say to Torey and Ali's statements?
6. What does Ali tell Torey about some of the kids at school and how did she find out?
7. Where do Torey and Ali find Mrs. Adams when they return to his house and what does she say?
8. What do Torey and Ali do when the police come for Bo?
9. What does Torey see after he broke his leg?
10. What does Ali again bring up as to what happened to Chris and what does Torey say about her idea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chapter 20 is a turning point for Torey, the moment when he must decide if he will lie down and allow himself to be victimized like the boons have been all these years or rise up and fight. Torey has chosen to fight.
1. Do you think Torey's background gave him the courage to fight for himself, as opposed to the boons? Why or why not? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
2. Do you think Bo is allowing himself to be victimized or does he show a consideration for others in his confessing to the phone call? Explain your reasoning.
3. Do you think it is wise for Torey to think the best way to fight for himself is to look for Chris Creed's body? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
If Bo does not prove Chris is still alive or find his body with proof of suicide, he could go to jail for murder.
1. Do you think it is realistic that Bo could be convicted of killing Chris with no body or real evidence? Why or why not?
2. Do you think some of the people in prison in this country are innocent of the crime for which they were incarcerated? Why or why not?
3. How do you think Bo's background, his class and from the part of town he comes from have a part in his belief that he could be convicted of a murder he didn't commit?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 13, Ali and Torey's conversation reveals not only more depth to each of their characters, including Ali's motivations for ruining her own reputation and Torey's unhappiness in his perfect life, but it also provides more depth to the repercussions of Mrs. McDermott's own destructive behavior.
1. What do you think this statement means? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
2. What do you think are the repercussions of Mrs. McDermott's behavior? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
3. Why do you think the conversation between Ali and Torey revealed more of their characters? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)