|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Torey's response to Isabella's psychic aunt?
2. Why does the principal ask Mrs. Creed to come to his office along with Torey and Ali?
3. Of what fact does Renee remind everyone who is fighting?
4. Where was Chris's girlfriend?
5. Why will Bo have to stay in jail over the weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Adams say about Bo and why? What does Ali tell her about her fears?
2. Where is Torey after he is rescued from the burial grounds and what is he refusing to do? How are the doctors responding to his refusal?
3. What does Torey see after he broke his leg?
4. What does Torey first see on his second trip into the burial grounds and what does he decide?
5. What does Leandra accuse Ali of being and how does she react?
6. Explain what happened when Torey met with Isabella.
7. What do Torey, Ali and Bo decide to do about Isabella once they found her name?
8. What does Ali again bring up as to what happened to Chris and what does Torey say about her idea?
9. Where do Torey and Ali find Mrs. Adams when they return to his house and what does she say?
10. Who calls Torey from school and what do they talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Torey has changed so completely that he cannot even make himself talk to his friends about what is going on. In the past, Torey would have told Alex anything, but in light of his new friendship with Bo and knowing what has been going on with Ali and Chris, Torey cannot relate to Alex anymore. Torey has matured, while his friends have not.
1. Do you think if you had experienced what Torey has by Chapter 13 in the book you would have changed in the ways he has? Why or why not?
2. Discuss the way that crisis can change a person. Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
3. Why do you think Torey sees his friends as shallow from all the events up to Chapter 13? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discovering that Bo managed to get Chris's diary is a plus in this investigation and foreshadows the chapters beyond.
1. Explain why you think Chris's diary might be important in the investigation into his disappearance.
2. Do you think it was wrong for Bo to get into the Creed's house and take Chris's diary? Explain in depth your answer.
3. Do you think it is wise or unwise of Torey, Ali and Bo to do their own investigating without letting the police know? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Torey and Ali are upset by the treatment they feel Bo is receiving, and they insist that Mrs. Adams do something to help him. Their attitude changes Mrs. Adams' attitude, and she begins seeing reality instead of preconceived perceptions in regards to Bo and his status as a boon, touching again on one of the major themes of the novel.
1. To what theme do you think this sentence refers? Use examples from other parts of the book where you've seen this theme.
2. Discuss what a theme in a novel is and how themes are shown throughout a book. Include in your discussion other themes you have noticed in this novel.
3. Why do you think Mrs. Adams has seen Bo in a different light following the visit to the police station in Chapter 10? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,637 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)