|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chris and Isabella go?
2. What is the main thing in Chris's diary that Ali reads further on?
3. What do Ali and Torey learn from Isabella?
4. Who has a vision of Chris hanging in the woods?
5. Why is Ali afraid for Bo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ali tell Torey about more of Chris's diary she had read?
2. What does Torey see after he broke his leg?
3. What does Leandra accuse Ali of being and how does she react?
4. Where do Torey and Ali find Mrs. Adams when they return to his house and what does she say?
5. What do Torey and Ali tell Mrs. Creed about Christopher?
6. What happens when Torey and Ali get on the school bus the morning after being at the police station?
7. What do Torey, Ali and Bo decide to do about Isabella once they found her name?
8. How do Bo and Ali act the next day at school and how do the kids at school respond? How does Torey feel about their response?
9. What does Mrs. Adams say about Bo and why? What does Ali tell her about her fears?
10. Who calls Torey from school and what do they talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea that Chris, the most unpopular boy in school, had a girlfriend is an interesting new development. Perhaps Chris was not the person Torey and everyone else believed him to be. This idea and the diary itself give Torey new insight into who Chris Creed was and new sympathy for him.
1. What do you think the idea of Chris Creed having a girlfriend might change the way Torey thought of him? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Expand on the idea that no one is the person people think she/he is from the outside. Use ideas from the book and your own life to illustrate your points.
3. Why do you think Chris Creed's diary engendered sympathy from Torey? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
If Bo does not prove Chris is still alive or find his body with proof of suicide, he could go to jail for murder.
1. Do you think it is realistic that Bo could be convicted of killing Chris with no body or real evidence? Why or why not?
2. Do you think some of the people in prison in this country are innocent of the crime for which they were incarcerated? Why or why not?
3. How do you think Bo's background, his class and from the part of town he comes from have a part in his belief that he could be convicted of a murder he didn't commit?
Essay Topic 3
The reader now learns that Mrs. Creed's behavior toward her son is questionable and that she is not as innocent as she would like people to believe. This signals the shift in Mrs. Creed's character from innocent victim to antagonist.
1. From what has been introduced in Chapters 1 - 4, do you think Mrs. Creed is a good mother? Why or why not?
2. If it turns out that Chris Creed has run away from home, how do you think Mrs. Creed's behavior might have pushed him to that decision?
3. Discuss what you think the above statement means in terms of the first four chapters.
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)