|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Torey transfered after the hospital stay?
2. What does Torey realize about the boons?
3. Why does Mrs. Creed become angry?
4. Why could the phone call that Torey made cause serious problems for Bo?
5. Of what fact does Renee remind everyone who is fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the confrontation between Alex and Torey?
2. What does Ali again bring up as to what happened to Chris and what does Torey say about her idea?
3. What upsets Mr. Adams about Torey and what does he tell Torey as he takes him home from school?
4. What do Ali and Torey discover about Chris and another town?
5. Where is Torey after he is rescued from the burial grounds and what is he refusing to do? How are the doctors responding to his refusal?
6. What does Mrs. Adams say about Bo and why? What does Ali tell her about her fears?
7. What does Torey first see on his second trip into the burial grounds and what does he decide?
8. What do Torey and Ali tell Mrs. Creed about Christopher?
9. Where do Torey and Ali find Mrs. Adams when they return to his house and what does she say?
10. What does Ali tell Torey about some of the kids at school and how did she find out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Torey listens to the Creeds ask for help finding their son, describing him as a normal, distracted teenager. This scene introduces a new element into Torey's world, a sort of unease that has never before existed for him. Torey takes it as any teenager would, with cynicism toward the parents' ignorance of their son.
1. Why do you think Torey was uneasy about the Creeds' description of their son?
2. Explain why you think many teenagers are cynical about their parents' ignorance.
3. The ideas in the sentences above seem to indicate that it is improbable that parents know much about their teenagers. Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
4. Write a short essay on the types of thoughts, behaviors and feelings you believe teenagers hide from their parents.
Essay Topic 2
The revelation that Bo has confessed to the phone call deeply disturbs Torey. Torey knows Bo will probably go to juvenile hall for this, and he does not want that to happen. However, Torey is powerless to stop it.
1. Explain why Torey thinks that he is powerless to stop what is happening to Bo. Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
2. Do you think Torey should be honest and confess to the phone call? Why or why not? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
3. Why do you think Bo is taking the rap for Torey? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Creed is a woman who does not want to take the blame for anything as horrible as the disappearance of her son. To Mrs. Creed, admitting that her son left her intentionally is symbolic of her own failures as a mother. This is the last thing Mrs. Creed will admit to.
1. Do you think Mrs. Creed is to blame for Chris's disappearance? Why or why not. Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
2. Do you think is Chris ran away it does any good to place the blame on anyone? Why or why not? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
3. Explain in depth your reactions to a mother who would rather blame someone for murdering her child than listen to what might be the truth.
This section contains 1,583 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)