|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Chris Creed described by his parents?
2. What is the result of Leo coming on too strongly to other guys in trying to make friends?
3. What does Leandra imply about Ali when she next talks to Torey?
4. What does Mrs. Adams want to know about Bo?
5. Why did Alex hit Chris Creed when they were twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story Alex tells Torey about him and Chris Creed when they were about twelve?
2. What does the letter to Alex Healy, from Torey say?
3. What does Torey do when he calls Mrs. Creed?
4. What does Chris Creed's note to the principal talk about?
5. What does Mrs. Adams tell Ali and Torey about Bo while they leave the police station?
6. What does Torey put on the table where he is sitting with his friends?
7. Who does Torey find when he enters the cafeteria?
8. What do the Creeds announce in church Sunday?
9. What does Torey say Chris was like?
10. What does Ali tell Torey about the Creeds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Creed is a woman who does not want to take the blame for anything as horrible as the disappearance of her son. To Mrs. Creed, admitting that her son left her intentionally is symbolic of her own failures as a mother. This is the last thing Mrs. Creed will admit to.
1. Do you think Mrs. Creed is to blame for Chris's disappearance? Why or why not. Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
2. Do you think is Chris ran away it does any good to place the blame on anyone? Why or why not? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
3. Explain in depth your reactions to a mother who would rather blame someone for murdering her child than listen to what might be the truth.
Essay Topic 2
Torey has changed so completely that he cannot even make himself talk to his friends about what is going on. In the past, Torey would have told Alex anything, but in light of his new friendship with Bo and knowing what has been going on with Ali and Chris, Torey cannot relate to Alex anymore. Torey has matured, while his friends have not.
1. Do you think if you had experienced what Torey has by Chapter 13 in the book you would have changed in the ways he has? Why or why not?
2. Discuss the way that crisis can change a person. Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
3. Why do you think Torey sees his friends as shallow from all the events up to Chapter 13? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Bo announces to everyone that Renee should not talk about Ali's mother because her own father slept with her all last year.
1. Do you think it was right or wrong of Bo to bring Renee's father and Ali's mother into a public fight? Explain in depth your reasoning.
2. Discuss the implications of Bo knowing about an affair the chief of police had.
3. If you were Ali, how would you feel about Bo's announcement and what would you do?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)