|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Torey occasionally accused?
2. How does Torey feel about Ali?
3. What does one of Chris's brothers do when his mother's back is turned.
4. Who does Mrs. Creed believe murdered Chris?
5. What did Torey listen to in church one Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story Alex tells Torey about him and Chris Creed when they were about twelve?
2. What did Torey do about Alex not showing up for band practice? What did Alex do?
3. Why did Torey write a document about Chris Creed's disappearance?
4. Who does Torey find when he enters the cafeteria?
5. What did Torey think the Creeds were hoping for about their son?
6. What do Torey and Ali tell Mrs. Adams when she takes them home?
7. What does the letter to Alex Healy, from Torey say?
8. What does Torey do when Alex and Ryan don't show up for band practice?
9. What disturbs Torey about Renee and Alex?
10. What does Torey think the note clearly show and what does he think most people would miss if they read the note?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discovering that Bo managed to get Chris's diary is a plus in this investigation and foreshadows the chapters beyond.
1. Explain why you think Chris's diary might be important in the investigation into his disappearance.
2. Do you think it was wrong for Bo to get into the Creed's house and take Chris's diary? Explain in depth your answer.
3. Do you think it is wise or unwise of Torey, Ali and Bo to do their own investigating without letting the police know? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
If Bo does not prove Chris is still alive or find his body with proof of suicide, he could go to jail for murder.
1. Do you think it is realistic that Bo could be convicted of killing Chris with no body or real evidence? Why or why not?
2. Do you think some of the people in prison in this country are innocent of the crime for which they were incarcerated? Why or why not?
3. How do you think Bo's background, his class and from the part of town he comes from have a part in his belief that he could be convicted of a murder he didn't commit?
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 20 is a turning point for Torey, the moment when he must decide if he will lie down and allow himself to be victimized like the boons have been all these years or rise up and fight. Torey has chosen to fight.
1. Do you think Torey's background gave him the courage to fight for himself, as opposed to the boons? Why or why not? Use ideas from the book and your own life to support your answer.
2. Do you think Bo is allowing himself to be victimized or does he show a consideration for others in his confessing to the phone call? Explain your reasoning.
3. Do you think it is wise for Torey to think the best way to fight for himself is to look for Chris Creed's body? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)