|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Torey not get out of his head?
(a) He cannot get the memory of the body or the smell as the invisible fire engulfed it out of his head.
(b) The idea that he actually killed Chris.
(c) His guilt in how he treated Chris.
(d) The image of how badly Bo is beaten.
2. Why does Ali sleep with guys and what's ironic about it?
(a) She does it to get back at her mom but Ali is really a lesbian.
(b) She does it to make Bo jealous but Bo does not care.
(c) She does it to hurt her dad who never hears about it.
(d) She says she actually is still a virgin.
3. What does Torey announce to Renee?
(a) That he slept with Ali.
(b) That he plans to break up with Leandra.
(c) That he plans to leave home soon.
(d) That Leandra is pregnant.
4. What is Torey refusing to do in the hospital?
(b) Talk to his mother.
(c) His homework.
(d) Let Ali come see him.
5. To what does the principal compare the drama about Chris?
(a) He makes no comparisons as that would be cruel to Mrs. Creed.
(b) The drama about the Abdominable Snowman.
(c) The drama on "Days of Our Lives."
(d) The drama about Digger years earlier.
6. What does Torey feel when he is standing on the rock in the burial ground?
(a) Torey feels as though he is being tricked.
(b) Torey feels regret for not seeing the pain Chris felt, but he knows that Chris is a survivor.
(c) Torey feels suicidal himself.
(d) Torey is certain Chris is dead.
7. What does Torey see when he is lying there with his leg broken?
(a) A cave with three bodies.
(b) Ali and his mother.
(c) The Indian standing by Jesus.
8. Where did Chris and Isabella go?
(a) To a psychic.
(b) To a head shop.
(c) To the cemetary.
(d) To the opera.
9. What happens when Torey starts to climb off the rock.
(a) He hears Chris telling him to turn around.
(b) He sees a bright light in the sky.
(c) He hears his mother yelling for him.
(d) He falls and a rock hits him and breaks his leg.
10. Why are Ali's feet blistered?
(a) She tried a stunt she sees on t.v. of walking on coals.
(b) They are not blistered.
(c) She went roller skating with Bo.
(d) She walks home to avoid seeing other kids.
11. What does Torey find in a rock crevice?
(a) A skull.
(b) Chris's laminated map.
(c) Three wallets.
(d) A hundred dollar bill.
12. Who comes into the cafeteria in the middle of lunch?
(a) Chief Bowen, a cop and Mrs. Creed.
(b) The principal and Mrs. Creed.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
(d) Chris Creed.
13. Of what fact does Renee remind everyone who is fighting?
(a) That Leandra's dad is a senator.
(b) That she is not going to be pushed around by everyone.
(c) That her father is chief of police.
(d) That they will all be expelled from school if they don't stop.
14. What makes Torey and Ali decide to find Isabella?
(a) They want to find out what she looks like.
(b) They learn her last name.
(c) They think she may have killed Chris.
(d) They think Chris may be with her.
15. How does Ali know about all the problems of kids at school?
(a) Because kids just naturally confide in Ali.
(b) Because her mom sleeps with their fathers.
(c) Because her mother is the school counselor.
(d) Because she sneaks around observing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main thing in Chris's diary that Ali reads further on?
2. Why does Torey scream?
3. What does Leandra imply about Ali?
4. What is different about Isabella from what Chris writes in his diary?
5. What news do Ali and Torey learn from Torey's mother?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)