|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Torey and Ali sit with at lunch?
(a) No one.
(b) The boons.
(c) Renee and Alex.
2. What does Mrs. Creed reveal about her father?
(a) That her father tortured her as a child.
(b) That he was a secret service agent.
(c) That he is about to die over the loss of his grandson.
(d) That he was a mafia boss.
3. What news do Ali and Torey learn from Torey's mother?
(a) That Torey's mother is going to Florida to help Ali's mother.
(b) That Chris appears at the jail and so Bo is released.
(c) That Bo hangs himself in jail.
(d) That the police chief beats Bo up badly and then resigns.
4. What may demonstrate a change taking place inside Torey?
(a) He offers to carry a handicapped girl's books.
(b) He is not ashamed to be seen with Bo.
(c) There is no evidence of a change in Torey.
(d) He moves to another seat on the bus and starts a conversation with an unpopular boy.
5. Who is shy and beautiful?
(a) Mrs. Adams.
6. Why does Torey scream?
(a) His mother comes running up to him, but she is transparent.
(b) He sees the body that he thinks is Chris Creed burning.
(c) A snake crawls onto his chest.
(d) Ali and Bo find him and start beating him.
7. What does Alex tell Torey about the police chief?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He confesses his infidelity to his wife and moves out.
(c) He kills Renee, his wife, and then himself.
(d) He left town.
8. What is the main thing in Chris's diary that Ali reads further on?
(a) About Chris torturing a guy at school.
(b) About Chris and Isabella and one night they spent on the beach.
(c) About how Isabella rejects Chris.
(d) About the many ways Chris considers how to kill himself.
9. Who accosts Torey on the bus with questions?
(a) Alex, Ryan and Renee.
(b) No one; they can see he does not want to talk.
(c) Ali and Bo.
(d) The bus driver.
10. What fact does Mrs. Creed reveal about herself?
(a) That she is an abused wife.
(b) That Chris was not her son.
(c) That she was raised as a "boon."
(d) That she is about to divorce her husband.
11. What makes Torey and Ali decide to find Isabella?
(a) They learn her last name.
(b) They want to find out what she looks like.
(c) They think she may have killed Chris.
(d) They think Chris may be with her.
12. What does Torey find in a rock crevice?
(a) Three wallets.
(b) A skull.
(c) A hundred dollar bill.
(d) Chris's laminated map.
13. What does Torey realize about the boons?
(a) That the boons grow up fast.
(b) That they really are losers.
(c) That most are good people.
(d) That there are more bad boons than good, but there are some good boons.
14. What does Alex think about what Torey tells him?
(a) That Chris is playing a joke on everyone.
(b) That Torey should be in a looney bin.
(c) That maybe Torey is trying to set it up to find the body and be a hero.
(d) That Torey is probably right about where Chris is.
15. What can Torey not get out of his head?
(a) He cannot get the memory of the body or the smell as the invisible fire engulfed it out of his head.
(b) His guilt in how he treated Chris.
(c) The idea that he actually killed Chris.
(d) The image of how badly Bo is beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey want to know about Jesus?
2. Why is Torey regretting his behavior from a year earlier?
3. What does Torey begin to think about his friends?
4. Why does the principal grab Torey?
5. Why is Bo arrested a second time?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)