|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Torey not get out of his head?
(a) His guilt in how he treated Chris.
(b) He cannot get the memory of the body or the smell as the invisible fire engulfed it out of his head.
(c) The image of how badly Bo is beaten.
(d) The idea that he actually killed Chris.
2. What does Torey decide at the end of this chapter?
(a) That he loves Ali.
(b) That he has to go look for Chris Creed's body alone.
(c) That he is going to a boarding school the next year.
(d) That he hopes Chris is having fun somewhere interesting.
3. What news do Ali and Torey learn from Torey's mother?
(a) That Torey's mother is going to Florida to help Ali's mother.
(b) That Chris appears at the jail and so Bo is released.
(c) That Bo hangs himself in jail.
(d) That the police chief beats Bo up badly and then resigns.
4. Whose body is it that Torey had believed to be Chris?
(a) Bob Haines.
(b) Bo Richardson.
(c) An old Indian chief.
(d) Renee's father.
5. What does Torey realize about the boons?
(a) That there are more bad boons than good, but there are some good boons.
(b) That the boons grow up fast.
(c) That they really are losers.
(d) That most are good people.
6. Where does Torey tell Ali he has been?
(a) In the high school's basement.
(b) At the jail to visit Bo.
(c) In hell.
(d) To see Mrs. Creed.
7. What does Alex think about what Torey tells him?
(a) That Chris is playing a joke on everyone.
(b) That maybe Torey is trying to set it up to find the body and be a hero.
(c) That Torey is probably right about where Chris is.
(d) That Torey should be in a looney bin.
8. What about being raised in the boondocks is relevant to what Mrs. Creed is saying?
(a) That she believes boons are capable of murder.
(b) That boons take care of their own.
(c) That she knows several tough boons who can take out Bo.
(d) That boons are no better or worse than any other group.
9. Why does the principal ask Mrs. Creed to come to his office along with Torey and Ali?
(a) To see if Mrs. Creed recognizes Torey's voice.
(b) To let Mrs. Creed meet a couple of Chris's friends.
(c) To tell her a few things about Christopher.
(d) So Mrs. Creed does not harm Bo.
10. What does Torey feel when he is standing on the rock in the burial ground?
(a) Torey feels suicidal himself.
(b) Torey feels as though he is being tricked.
(c) Torey is certain Chris is dead.
(d) Torey feels regret for not seeing the pain Chris felt, but he knows that Chris is a survivor.
11. To what does the principal compare the drama about Chris?
(a) The drama on "Days of Our Lives."
(b) The drama about Digger years earlier.
(c) He makes no comparisons as that would be cruel to Mrs. Creed.
(d) The drama about the Abdominable Snowman.
12. Who do Torey and Ali sit with at lunch?
(a) Renee and Alex.
(c) The boons.
(d) No one.
13. Who does Bo think is wonderful?
(a) Mrs. Creed.
(c) Ali's mother.
(d) Mrs. Adams.
14. Why could the phone call that Torey made cause serious problems for Bo?
(a) Because Bo is being charged with murder.
(b) It won't cause problems because the police know Torey made the call.
(c) Because Bo told the police he made the call.
(d) Because Bo made another call later to Mrs. Creed.
15. Why does Mrs. Creed believe Chris could not have written a suicide note?
(a) Because he was barely literate.
(b) Because he was Catholic and wouldn't consider suicide.
(c) Because he was planning to marry Isabella.
(d) Because she says he was not unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey find in a rock crevice?
2. What may demonstrate a change taking place inside Torey?
3. Of what fact does Renee remind everyone who is fighting?
4. Why is Bo arrested a second time?
5. Where is Torey transfered after the hospital stay?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)