|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Ali and her brother going to stay at Torey's house for a while?
(a) Their mother is going to a drug rehab facility.
(b) They ran away from home.
(c) Their home burned down.
(d) They have been removed from the home by social services.
2. What does Torey announce to Renee?
(a) That he plans to break up with Leandra.
(b) That he plans to leave home soon.
(c) That he slept with Ali.
(d) That Leandra is pregnant.
3. Why is Bo arrested a second time?
(a) Because he hit the principal.
(b) For the phone call Torey makes to Mrs. Creed.
(c) For assaulting a police officer.
(d) For the fight with Renee.
4. Why does Torey scream?
(a) His mother comes running up to him, but she is transparent.
(b) Ali and Bo find him and start beating him.
(c) He sees the body that he thinks is Chris Creed burning.
(d) A snake crawls onto his chest.
5. What does Alex tell Torey about the police chief?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He kills Renee, his wife, and then himself.
(c) He left town.
(d) He confesses his infidelity to his wife and moves out.
6. What does Leandra imply about Ali?
(a) That Torey has started a romantic relationship with her.
(b) That Ali is lying about seeing Chris Creed in his bedroom.
(c) That Ali is dating four guys at the same time and sleeping with them all.
(d) That she is meeting Chris in another town.
7. Where does Torey tell Ali he has been?
(a) In hell.
(b) At the jail to visit Bo.
(c) In the high school's basement.
(d) To see Mrs. Creed.
8. Who does Bo think is wonderful?
(a) Ali's mother.
(b) Mrs. Creed.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
9. Who do Torey and Ali sit with at lunch?
(b) The boons.
(c) No one.
(d) Renee and Alex.
10. What does Alex think about what Torey tells him?
(a) That Torey should be in a looney bin.
(b) That Chris is playing a joke on everyone.
(c) That maybe Torey is trying to set it up to find the body and be a hero.
(d) That Torey is probably right about where Chris is.
11. What about being raised in the boondocks is relevant to what Mrs. Creed is saying?
(a) That she knows several tough boons who can take out Bo.
(b) That boons take care of their own.
(c) That she believes boons are capable of murder.
(d) That boons are no better or worse than any other group.
12. What fact does Mrs. Creed reveal about herself?
(a) That Chris was not her son.
(b) That she was raised as a "boon."
(c) That she is an abused wife.
(d) That she is about to divorce her husband.
13. Who calls Torey while he is in the basement?
(b) Chris Creed.
14. Why is Torey's father unhappy?
(a) That Torey asked him mother to help Bo.
(b) At Torey's association with Bo.
(c) That Torey left school early that day.
(d) That Torey's midterms were not good.
15. Why doesn't Torey think Mrs. Creed killed Chris?
(a) Because she seems too nice.
(b) Torey does believe Mrs. Creed killed Chris.
(c) Because of her reaction to Torey's phone call.
(d) Because Torey believes Chris killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Chris work?
2. Who goes into the woods that night to try to find something?
3. What does Torey do in the basement?
4. What does Torey see when he is lying there with his leg broken?
5. What is Bo going to hide out in the woods?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)