|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey realize about the boons?
(a) That they really are losers.
(b) That the boons grow up fast.
(c) That there are more bad boons than good, but there are some good boons.
(d) That most are good people.
2. What does Torey decide at the end of this chapter?
(a) That he hopes Chris is having fun somewhere interesting.
(b) That he has to go look for Chris Creed's body alone.
(c) That he is going to a boarding school the next year.
(d) That he loves Ali.
3. What does Alex think about what Torey tells him?
(a) That Chris is playing a joke on everyone.
(b) That Torey should be in a looney bin.
(c) That maybe Torey is trying to set it up to find the body and be a hero.
(d) That Torey is probably right about where Chris is.
4. What does Torey find in a rock crevice?
(a) Three wallets.
(b) Chris's laminated map.
(c) A skull.
(d) A hundred dollar bill.
5. Why are Ali and her brother going to stay at Torey's house for a while?
(a) Their mother is going to a drug rehab facility.
(b) They have been removed from the home by social services.
(c) Their home burned down.
(d) They ran away from home.
6. To what does the principal compare the drama about Chris?
(a) The drama on "Days of Our Lives."
(b) The drama about Digger years earlier.
(c) The drama about the Abdominable Snowman.
(d) He makes no comparisons as that would be cruel to Mrs. Creed.
7. Why is Ali afraid for Bo?
(a) Because Bo might fall under the three strikes law.
(b) Because Bo is a softie underneath all the bluster.
(c) Because of the fight with Renee.
(d) Because Bo is from the boondocks.
8. What do Ali and Torey learn from Isabella?
(a) That Chris was a much a loser to Isabella as to the kids at school.
(b) That Chris came there and told her he was going to San Jose.
(c) That Chris was more infatuated with her than the other way around.
(d) That Chris and Isabella plan to run off and marry.
9. What does Torey do when he cannot sleep?
(a) Gets up and makes himself and Ali some hot chocolate.
(b) Goes into the guest room to read Chris's diary with Ali.
(c) Wakes his mother and tells her about the phone call he made earlier to Mrs. Creed.
(d) Climbs out the window to go call Mrs. Creed and apologize.
10. Who do Torey and Ali sit with at lunch?
(a) Renee and Alex.
(b) No one.
(d) The boons.
11. What is Bo going to hide out in the woods?
(a) So Torey can have Ali to himself.
(b) To find Chris's body.
(c) So the police cannot find him.
(d) So Ali will feel sorry for him.
12. What does Ali ask Torey about herself?
(a) If Torey thinks she is pretty.
(b) If Torey thinks she is a slut.
(c) If Torey likes the outfit she has on.
(d) If Ali should stop dating Bo.
13. Why does Mrs. Creed believe Chris could not have written a suicide note?
(a) Because he was Catholic and wouldn't consider suicide.
(b) Because she says he was not unhappy.
(c) Because he was barely literate.
(d) Because he was planning to marry Isabella.
14. What is the list they read in Chris's diary?
(a) A list of everyone against whom Chris wants revenge.
(b) A list of everything Chris thinks is good about himself.
(c) A list of every email Chris has ever sent.
(d) A list of the gun shops in town.
15. What happens when Torey starts to climb off the rock.
(a) He hears his mother yelling for him.
(b) He hears Chris telling him to turn around.
(c) He falls and a rock hits him and breaks his leg.
(d) He sees a bright light in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Torey and invites him to her place?
2. Where was Chris's girlfriend?
3. Why does Torey scream?
4. Why does the principal grab Torey?
5. Where does Torey tell Ali he has been?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)