|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey see when he is lying there with his leg broken?
(b) Ali and his mother.
(c) A cave with three bodies.
(d) The Indian standing by Jesus.
2. Why is Torey's father unhappy?
(a) That Torey's midterms were not good.
(b) At Torey's association with Bo.
(c) That Torey left school early that day.
(d) That Torey asked him mother to help Bo.
3. What does Torey announce to Renee?
(a) That he plans to leave home soon.
(b) That Leandra is pregnant.
(c) That he slept with Ali.
(d) That he plans to break up with Leandra.
4. What is different about Isabella from what Chris writes in his diary?
(a) She is much older than Chris.
(b) She is wild and not shy at all.
(c) She is married.
(d) She has two children.
5. Why does Mrs. Creed believe Chris could not have written a suicide note?
(a) Because she says he was not unhappy.
(b) Because he was planning to marry Isabella.
(c) Because he was Catholic and wouldn't consider suicide.
(d) Because he was barely literate.
6. Who has a vision of Chris hanging in the woods?
(a) A psychic.
(b) Torey's grandmother.
(c) A psychiatrist the police hire.
(d) Mrs. Creed.
7. For whom did Chris work?
(a) A judge in a neighboring county.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) The local drug dealer.
8. Where is Torey transfered after the hospital stay?
(a) To a children's group home.
(b) To his home.
(c) To a physical rehab facility.
(d) To a mental health facility.
9. What was the fire that Torey saw in the cave?
(a) A torch that the Indian lay on the ground.
(b) There was no real fire.
(c) A phenomenon called immaculate decomposition.
(d) Two hobos having a campfire.
10. To what does the principal compare the drama about Chris?
(a) The drama about Digger years earlier.
(b) The drama about the Abdominable Snowman.
(c) The drama on "Days of Our Lives."
(d) He makes no comparisons as that would be cruel to Mrs. Creed.
11. What is Bo going to hide out in the woods?
(a) So the police cannot find him.
(b) So Torey can have Ali to himself.
(c) So Ali will feel sorry for him.
(d) To find Chris's body.
12. Why is Ali afraid for Bo?
(a) Because Bo is from the boondocks.
(b) Because Bo might fall under the three strikes law.
(c) Because Bo is a softie underneath all the bluster.
(d) Because of the fight with Renee.
13. What happens when Torey starts to climb off the rock.
(a) He sees a bright light in the sky.
(b) He falls and a rock hits him and breaks his leg.
(c) He hears his mother yelling for him.
(d) He hears Chris telling him to turn around.
14. What may demonstrate a change taking place inside Torey?
(a) There is no evidence of a change in Torey.
(b) He moves to another seat on the bus and starts a conversation with an unpopular boy.
(c) He is not ashamed to be seen with Bo.
(d) He offers to carry a handicapped girl's books.
15. What does Leandra imply about Ali?
(a) That Ali is dating four guys at the same time and sleeping with them all.
(b) That Torey has started a romantic relationship with her.
(c) That Ali is lying about seeing Chris Creed in his bedroom.
(d) That she is meeting Chris in another town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey begin to think about his friends?
2. What makes Torey and Ali decide to find Isabella?
3. What news do Ali and Torey learn from Torey's mother?
4. Who goes into the woods that night to try to find something?
5. How does Ali know about all the problems of kids at school?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)