|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Torey try to convince his mother?
(a) Mrs. Creed's guilt.
(b) Ali's mother's child abuse.
(c) Bo's innocence.
(d) Nothing; Torey is too upset to talk to his mother.
2. What is important about one of the windows in Ali's bedroom?
(a) Someone recently pitched a rock through it.
(b) It opens onto a veranda from which Ali can climb down.
(d) She can see directly into Chris Creed's bedroom.
3. Who makes disparaging remarks about Ali?
4. What do the Creeds seem to believe about their son?
(a) That he ran away.
(b) That he will be found soon.
(c) That he went to his biological father's home in Wisconson.
(d) That he is dead.
5. Of whom does Leo remind Torey?
(a) Torey's brother.
(b) Chris Creed.
(c) Torey's best friend back home.
(d) No one.
6. What does Torey think of Chris?
(a) That he was a nerd.
(b) That he was too nice for his own good.
(c) That he lied to everyone.
(d) That he was awkward, annoying and obnoxious.
7. How is Chris Creed described by his parents?
(a) As a shy, fearful boy.
(b) As a confused and angry young man.
(c) As a brilliant student.
(d) As a happy, well-adjusted kid.
8. What does Torey wonder about as he listens to Chris's parents speak?
(a) How calm they seem despite Chris's disappearance.
(b) How they must be terribly scared.
(c) About whether Chris's parents killed Chris.
(d) How they were clueless about their son.
9. What is something Ali tells Torey about Chris Creed?
(a) That his parents have beaten Chris badly at times.
(b) That Chris is actually two years younger than the rest of the kids in his grade.
(c) That Chris has a gun that Ali has seen him load and unload.
(d) That his mother always walks into Chris's bedroom without knocking.
10. Of what is Torey occasionally accused?
(a) Murdering Chris Creed.
(b) Being too nice.
(c) Being condescending.
(d) Stealing Chris Creed's lunch money.
11. Who does Chris Creed say he admires?
(a) The principal.
(b) Torey and his friends.
(c) No one.
(d) The football team.
12. What does Mrs. Adams want to know about Bo?
(a) If he actually got into the Creed's home.
(b) If he did well in school.
(c) If Bo had ever been charged with a crime before.
(d) If his father was in prison.
13. Did Mrs. Adams ever see the son again who was in the story she relates to Torey and Ali.
(a) Yes, he is a janitor at the college she attended.
(c) Yes while she is in law school.
(d) Yes, he is a senator from Maine.
14. What do Leandra and Renee think happened to Chris Creed?
(a) That he commited suicide.
(b) That he ran away to his crazy grandfather's house in California.
(c) That he is at home and his parents are pretending he is missing.
(d) That he is in the looney bin.
15. What does Alex say he can do?
(a) Crack the school network and retrieve the email.
(b) Convince the principal that Chris was their good friend.
(c) Put a virus into the school computer system to erase their grades.
(d) Figure out how to erase evidence of the email.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what part of the conversation is Torey uncomfortable?
2. Of whom are Torey and Ali suspicious in the disappearance of Chris?
3. Who are the "boons?"
4. Where was Alex instead of at band practice?
5. Who does Mrs. Creed believe murdered Chris?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)