|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey suddenly feel?
(a) Happy to be seeing Ali soon.
(b) As though he is not alone.
(c) As though there is about to be an earthquake.
(d) Afraid that his father is not coming home.
2. Who does Mrs. Creed believe murdered Chris?
(a) A jealous kid at school.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A boon.
(d) A drug dealer.
3. What does Torey lay on the table?
(a) Four tickets for an upcoming sports event.
(b) Chris Creed's note.
(c) A ten dollar bill to bet the group about what happened to Chris.
(d) A threatening letter from Chris's neighbor addressed to Mrs. Creed.
4. Why does Mrs. Adams doubt that Bo is not guilty?
(a) Because he is a boon.
(b) Mrs. Adams has no opinion about Bo's guilt or innocence.
(c) Because the police have told her Bo confessed to Chris's murder.
(d) Because Mrs. Adams can hear Mrs. Creed screaming in another room.
5. What book does Mrs. Adams give Ali saying it is from Bo?
(a) A book about suicide.
(b) Her algebra book.
(c) A book of love poems.
(d) Chris's diary.
6. Why does Torey get angry while the boys are discussing the times they hit Chris Creed.
(a) Because Torey is trying to have a serious conversation and the other two are laughing.
(b) Because Torey feels they have tortured Chris all these years.
(c) Because Torey thinks Chris's ghost will haunt them.
(d) Torey is not angry but rather amused.
7. What gives Torey a second momentary scare?
(a) A train whistle blows nearby.
(b) His pager rings.
(c) An owl hoots near the window.
(d) The computer beeps strangely.
8. Who downloaded Chris's email from the library computer and put it on a disk?
(b) Bo and Ali.
(d) Mrs. Creed.
9. What does Torey wonder about as he listens to Chris's parents speak?
(a) About whether Chris's parents killed Chris.
(b) How they must be terribly scared.
(c) How calm they seem despite Chris's disappearance.
(d) How they were clueless about their son.
10. What does Torey imagine?
(a) That his father is a secret agent and is dead.
(b) That Ali is interested in Torey as a boyfriend.
(c) That Chris is hanging in the game closet.
(d) That since there had been an earthquake a few days ago, it's likely there will be another one.
11. What does Bo do when he hears Ali's mom and boyfriend having sex?
(a) Wants to know if Ali wants to do the same thing.
(b) Looks interested.
(c) Goes and yells at them.
(d) He doesn't hear them.
12. What is upsetting Torey at the opening of this chapter?
(a) Because Ali won't speak to him.
(b) Because his dog is sick.
(c) The fact that Ryan and Alex did not show up for band practise.
(d) Because Torey's father had to stay in Chicago another night.
13. What does Mrs. Creed think of Bo Richardson?
(a) That he will someday be a success.
(b) That he is the one who murdered Chris.
(c) That he is a nice guy, but a little strange.q
(d) She doesn't know Bo Richardson.
14. Of what is Torey occasionally accused?
(a) Being too nice.
(b) Stealing Chris Creed's lunch money.
(c) Murdering Chris Creed.
(d) Being condescending.
15. What is Torey doing in the basement?
(a) Playing computer games.
(b) Petting the dog.
(c) Writing a poem for Leandra.
(d) Writing a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Adams related the story about the father and son?
2. Who was in the principal's office when the principal received the email from Chris Creed?
3. Who are the "boons?"
4. How does Chris Creed break his ankle the year before?
5. Why did Alex hit Chris Creed when they were twelve?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)