|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Creed think Chris was murdered?
(a) Because of the bank account.
(b) Because Chris wouldn't be so stupid as to kill himself.
(c) Because Chris told her someone had threatened him.
(d) Because the neighborhood bully left town quickly.
2. Why does Torey get angry while the boys are discussing the times they hit Chris Creed.
(a) Torey is not angry but rather amused.
(b) Because Torey is trying to have a serious conversation and the other two are laughing.
(c) Because Torey feels they have tortured Chris all these years.
(d) Because Torey thinks Chris's ghost will haunt them.
3. What did Torey do on his computer as another student barges into Torey's room?
(a) Works out an advanced mathematical formula.
(b) Closed an adult website.
(c) Calls up a computer game.
(d) Reformatted his hard drive.
4. What did Torey listen to in church one Sunday?
(a) A request for volunteers to help build a new sanctuary.
(b) An impassioned speech to the congregation.
(c) A sermon about lying.
(d) Nothing; Torey does not go to church.
5. Did Mrs. Adams ever see the son again who was in the story she relates to Torey and Ali.
(a) Yes, he is a senator from Maine.
(c) Yes while she is in law school.
(d) Yes, he is a janitor at the college she attended.
6. How does Chris Creed break his ankle the year before?
(a) He fell on his motorcycle.
(b) He is trying to hang glide from the tree in the back yard.
(c) He is ice skating and falls.
(d) He is pushed off the bleachers.
7. What is significant about the decor of Chris's bedroom, along with those of his two brothers?
(a) There is nothing significant about the decor.
(b) They are all decorated exactly alike, except Chris has two extra pictures in his.
(c) Each boy has been allowed to decorate any way he likes.
(d) They all live in the same bedroom and each has decorated his section differently.
8. What do Torey and his friends do in the basement?
(a) They have an exercise routine that they do.
(b) They watch television.
(c) They have a band and they practise.
(d) They play video games.
9. What is the result of Leo coming on too strongly to other guys in trying to make friends?
(a) He is snubbed.
(b) He is invited to lots of parties.
(c) The boys think he's gay.
(d) He is the butt of many jokes.
10. Who is being interrogated at the police station?
(d) Mrs. Creed.
11. What does Torey do when Leo persists in questioning Torey about what Torey was doing on his computer?
(a) Torey show Leo the email he was writing.
(b) Torey socks Leo in the mouth.
(c) Torey turns off the computer and lectures Leo about privacy.
(d) Torey tells Leo to bug off.
12. Who does Torey meet on the way to the cafeteria?
(a) Christine Greg.
(b) Ali McDermott.
(c) Julie McIntyre.
(d) His principal.
13. Why is Torey irritated at Leandra?
(a) Because she wants Torey to meet her at the library the night he's supposed to go to Ali's house.
(b) Because she badmouths and gossips about people who are different.
(c) Because she doesn't want Torey to go to Ali's house for dinner.
(d) Because she set Renee up with Ryan.
14. What do Leandra and Renee think happened to Chris Creed?
(a) That he is in the looney bin.
(b) That he commited suicide.
(c) That he ran away to his crazy grandfather's house in California.
(d) That he is at home and his parents are pretending he is missing.
15. Who contacts Torey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leandra think wrote the note that Torey has?
2. Who was in the principal's office when the principal received the email from Chris Creed?
3. Who does Mrs. Creed believe murdered Chris?
4. With what part of the conversation is Torey uncomfortable?
5. Who had supposedly sent an email to the principal at the previous school where Torey attended?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)