|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Torey uncomfortable?
(a) Leo's scrutiny.
(b) The girl in his math class who seems to like him.
(c) Playing on the baseball team.
(d) Having to give speeches in his communications class.
2. Of what does Torey try to convince his mother?
(a) Mrs. Creed's guilt.
(b) Nothing; Torey is too upset to talk to his mother.
(c) Bo's innocence.
(d) Ali's mother's child abuse.
3. What does Torey think is happening to Bo?
(a) He is being treated as a material witness.
(b) He is being fingerprinted.
(c) He has been taken to a jail cell.
(d) The police are beating him.
4. What does Torey think is actually possible?
(a) That Chris Creed is smarter than everyone gives him credit for.
(b) That Chris Creed did kill himself because of the harassment he received at school.
(c) That Ali is having sex with the captain of the football team.
(d) That Chris is buried under Chris's house.
5. What is upsetting Torey at the opening of this chapter?
(a) Because Torey's father had to stay in Chicago another night.
(b) Because his dog is sick.
(c) Because Ali won't speak to him.
(d) The fact that Ryan and Alex did not show up for band practise.
6. What seems to be adversely affecting Ali's behavior?
(a) Her older brother's death.
(b) Her parents' separation.
(c) Her older sister moving out of the house.
(d) The new guy she's dating.
7. What does the person want?
(a) To tell Torey that he had ran away from home and was in New York.
(b) To tell Torey that dinner was off for the next night.
(c) To tell Torey that he was sorry for missing band practice.
(d) To tell Torey that Ali was late for cheerleading practise.
8. With what part of the conversation is Torey uncomfortable?
(a) The idea that it is funny that Chris may be dead.
(b) The ragging on the boons.
(c) The humor the others see in the possibility of Chris's suicide.
(d) The discussion about Ali's bad reputation.
9. Why is Torey irritated at Leandra?
(a) Because she badmouths and gossips about people who are different.
(b) Because she wants Torey to meet her at the library the night he's supposed to go to Ali's house.
(c) Because she set Renee up with Ryan.
(d) Because she doesn't want Torey to go to Ali's house for dinner.
10. Why is Torey allowed to go to lunch early?
(a) There was a false fire alarm.
(b) The chemistry test was timed and it's over.
(c) He had low blood sugar and needed food.
(d) The chemistry teacher is absent.
11. What does Torey decide not to mention to Leandra?
(a) That Torey was going to look in the woods for Chris.
(b) His invitation to dinner at Ali's the next evening.
(c) That Leandra's mother asked Torey about Leandra's math class.
(d) That Renee was getting on Torey's nerves.
12. What did Torey do on his computer as another student barges into Torey's room?
(a) Reformatted his hard drive.
(b) Calls up a computer game.
(c) Closed an adult website.
(d) Works out an advanced mathematical formula.
13. What does Torey wonder about as he listens to Chris's parents speak?
(a) How calm they seem despite Chris's disappearance.
(b) How they must be terribly scared.
(c) How they were clueless about their son.
(d) About whether Chris's parents killed Chris.
14. Who makes disparaging remarks about Ali?
15. Who does the group immediately think of when they think maybe Chris was murdered?
(a) The principal.
(b) Chris's mother.
(c) The boons.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason did Alex once hit Chris Creed?
2. What gives Torey a second momentary scare?
3. What does Torey lay on the table?
4. What are the names of Torey's girlfriend and her best friend?
5. What does Torey think of Chris?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)