|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tuli sob in the bathroom one day?
(a) Natalie won't let Tuli pet her puppy.
(b) Natalie's puppy bites her.
(c) Another girl who really knows Spanish calls her on her bad language skills.
(d) Natalie confronts her and tells her how mean Tuli is.
2. What does Dreenie's mother urge Dreenie to do about Bluish?
(a) Help her when she needs it.
(b) Stay away from her.
(c) Pity her.
(d) Treat her like any other kid in her class.
3. What does Dreenie's mother think about Tuli staying for dinner?
(a) She does not mind.
(b) She does not want Tuli to since she wants to talk with Dreenie during dinner about a family matter.
(c) She does not express an opinion.
(d) She wishes Tuli would not always come over at dinnertime.
4. Who is Dreenie?
(a) The narrator of the journal entries.
(b) The narrator of the adult viewpoint.
(c) The character whose nickname is Bluish.
(d) The character whose real name is Nancy.
5. What does Dreenie make for all of them?
(a) Coke floats.
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) Orange slushies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tuli do when she spies Dreenie and Willie?
2. What does Deenie think of offering Natalie?
3. Who is Willie?
4. What does Dreenie think of Natalie's baldness?
5. How is Dreenie surprised when she is downstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dreenie think she is and how does she feel about her sister's status with others? Where do they go to school?
2. What does Tuli want to do at Dreenie's house, how does Dreenie feel about that and what does Dreenie want in a friend?
3. Why does Dreenie want Tuli to stay for dinner?
4. With whom is Dreenie spending time in Chapter 3 and why is Dreenie uncomfortable?
5. What does Dreenie tell her mother when her mother coaxes her to talk?
6. What makes Bluish different from other children, and who comes to school with her?
7. Who is Dreenie's best friend, what does she do to impress people and what sent her sobbing to the bathroom?
8. Why does Dreenie have an argument with her sister as they are walking?
9. What gets Bluish upset in class according to Dreenie's journal, and how does Bluish respond? Who has to take care of her response?
10. What does Dreenie wonder about Tuli and Tuli's behavior but what is her ultimate decision about being friends with Tuli?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)