|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tuli try to impress people?
(a) By speaking in pig Latin.
(b) By writing beautiful cursive poems.
(c) By speaking in Spanish.
(d) By adding large numbers in her head.
2. What causes Tuli to fall?
(a) She runs into a boy coming out of the store.
(b) The sidewalk is icy.
(c) She trips over a raised crack in the sidewalk.
(d) She is busy trying to avoid Dreenie and Tuli.
3. What does Dreenie offer Tuli?
(a) Her robe.
(c) The homework assignment to copy.
4. What does Dreenie's mother think is a poor reason for excluding Bluish as a friend?
(a) Because Bluish comes from a really wealthy family.
(b) Because Bluish comes from a really poor family.
(d) Because Bluish is so smart.
5. Who finally convinces Dreenie to bring up what she wants to discuss?
(b) Dreenie's grandmother.
(c) Dreenie's mother.
(d) Dreenie's teacher.
6. Why does Tuli accept Dreenie's invitation?
(a) Tuli knows Natalie will be there with her puppy.
(b) Tuli's mother told her she had to.
(c) She does not see Dreenie, so does not know of the invitation.
(d) Tuli loves to go to Dreenie's house.
7. What is one thing different about Natalie?
(a) She is missing her left leg.
(b) She is confined to a wheelchair.
(c) She is from Finland.
(d) She has braces on her legs.
8. Why is Bluish called that?
(a) You can see her veins through her skin.
(b) She always wears blue.
(c) She always wears blue fingernail polish.
(d) Her middle name is Blue and she prefers that name.
9. What does Dreenie say the act of writing in her journal is not about?
(a) A means of sharing with her friends.
(b) A grade.
(c) A way of avoiding talking to other kids.
(d) Practicing her penmanship.
10. What does Dreenie make for all of them?
(a) Orange slushies.
(c) Coke floats.
(d) Hot chocolate.
11. What happens when Bluish gets upset that day in class?
(a) She cries without stopping for an hour.
(b) She screams for ten minutes.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She hits a boy.
12. How is Dreenie feeling?
13. Why does Dreenie think Bluish's appearance is weird?
(a) Because of her pale skin.
(b) Because she has an oxygen tube in her nose.
(c) Because of her odd clothing.
(d) Because of her almost-white hair.
14. Why are there decorations on the buildings where Dreenie and her sister are walking?
(a) It is July 4th.
(b) The war is over.
(c) It is a city-sponsered art project for school kids.
(d) It's holiday time.
15. What does Dreenie tell Mr. Palmer?
(a) She hopes he can fix their heater soon.
(b) Her plans to go outside.
(c) She is waiting for Mrs. Jones' dog.
(d) Her friend said cops are mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who impresses teachers with her intelligence?
2. Who is Mr. Palmer?
3. What does Dreenie wish she had done differently?
4. Why is Tuli more confident than other kids in he grade?
5. What does Natalie ride to school?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)