|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dreenie think Tuli is hiding?
(a) Her insecurity.
2. How is Dreenie surprised when she is downstairs?
(a) Some cops suddenly pull up with their lights on.
(b) Two cars collide in front of the building.
(c) The dog gets loose and runs down the street.
(d) Her father comes up behind her.
3. What does Dreenie's mother think is possibly wrong with Natalie?
(a) Heart problems.
(b) Cerebral palsy.
(c) A brain tumor.
(d) Childhood leukemia.
4. How is Dreenie feeling?
5. Who is Dreenie?
(a) The narrator of the adult viewpoint.
(b) The character whose real name is Nancy.
(c) The character whose nickname is Bluish.
(d) The narrator of the journal entries.
6. In what grade is Willie?
7. What happens when Bluish gets upset that day in class?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She hits a boy.
(c) She screams for ten minutes.
(d) She cries without stopping for an hour.
8. What is Natalie allowed to bring to school?
(a) A goldfish.
(b) A heart monitor.
(c) An electric throw.
(d) A puppy.
9. What does Dreenie tell Tuli to do?
(a) Sit in a plastic chair since Tuli's all wet.
(b) Call Tuli's mother.
(c) Take a hot bath.
(d) Remove her wet outer clothing.
10. How does Tuli speak?
(a) Just normally.
(c) In a whisper.
(d) She hardly says anything.
11. What does Dreenie make for all of them?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(c) Orange slushies.
(d) Coke floats.
12. What does Dreenie think about Tuli staying for dinner?
(a) She doesn not want her to.
(b) She has not expressed an opinion.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She would love her to.
13. Why does Dreenie hang around with Tuli?
(a) Dreenie's mother makes her do so.
(b) Dreenie feels sorry for Tuli.
(c) Dreenie is new to the school and Tuli is the only friend she has so far.
(d) Willie likes Tuli.
14. What causes Tuli to fall?
(a) She runs into a boy coming out of the store.
(b) The sidewalk is icy.
(c) She trips over a raised crack in the sidewalk.
(d) She is busy trying to avoid Dreenie and Tuli.
15. How does the narrator describe Willie?
(a) A slow learner.
(b) Somewhat of a prodigy.
(d) A spoiled child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there decorations on the buildings where Dreenie and her sister are walking?
2. What is the combination of English and Spanish called?
3. How does Dreenie feel Tuli acts?
4. How is Tuli acting?
5. What does Dreenie's mother think about Tuli staying for dinner?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)