|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the likely reason for Natalie's baldness?
(a) There is no logical explanation for the baldness.
(b) A result of surgery for a brain tumor.
(c) A need to stand out even more.
2. What is Natalie allowed to bring to school?
(a) An electric throw.
(b) A goldfish.
(c) A heart monitor.
(d) A puppy.
3. What happens when Tuli gets home late?
(a) She gets whipped.
(b) Tuli's grandmother eats late.
(c) Her mother is late to work.
(d) Her younger siblings are left alone.
4. For what does Dreenie long?
(a) For her dad to be done with his job in Chicago.
(b) To move back to the South.
(c) A normal, special friend.
(d) For her mother to let her change schools.
5. How does Tuli try to impress people?
(a) By speaking in Spanish.
(b) By writing beautiful cursive poems.
(c) By speaking in pig Latin.
(d) By adding large numbers in her head.
6. Who meets Dreenie and Willie on the street?
(d) Their mother.
7. Of what is Dreenie envious concerning her sister?
(a) Her dimples.
(b) Her athletic abilities.
(c) Her blond hair.
(d) The attention the sister receives.
8. What does Dreenie say makes kids in her class feel awkward?
(a) The fact that Willie has skipped two grades.
(b) The fact that Dreenie's mother is the school nurse.
(c) The fact that many have no father to bring to father's night.
(d) Bluish's wheelchair.
9. What does Dreenie think Tuli is hiding?
(c) Her insecurity.
10. Why is Tuli more confident than other kids in he grade?
(a) She has lots of siblings.
(b) She believes in herself.
(c) She has lived in several places.
(d) She is older than they.
11. Why does Tuli sob in the bathroom one day?
(a) Natalie won't let Tuli pet her puppy.
(b) Natalie's puppy bites her.
(c) Another girl who really knows Spanish calls her on her bad language skills.
(d) Natalie confronts her and tells her how mean Tuli is.
12. What does Dreenie tell Tuli to do?
(a) Remove her wet outer clothing.
(b) Sit in a plastic chair since Tuli's all wet.
(c) Call Tuli's mother.
(d) Take a hot bath.
13. Why does she not bring up the topic she wants to discuss?
(a) It upsets her.
(b) She does not really want to hear about it.
(c) She does not know how to explain her math grade.
(d) She thinks her mom would tell her she is too young to be interested in boys.
14. Why does Dreenie want to go down to the apartment's lobby?
(a) To ask the doorman a question.
(b) To take the next-door neighbor's dog downstairs.
(c) To talk to a friend.
(d) To wait for her dad.
15. What does Dreenie's mother think is possibly wrong with Natalie?
(a) Heart problems.
(b) Childhood leukemia.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
(d) A brain tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dreenie feel Tuli acts?
2. Whose grandmother does Dreenie worry about?
3. What causes Tuli to fall?
4. What explanation does Natalie give for where she parks her wheelchair?
5. What does Dreenie wonder about Tuli?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)