* In Journal Part I, the narrator writes in the first person as a ten year old girl named Dreenie.
* Dreenie describes meeting Bluish, a girl in her class, who is confined to a wheelchair and looks sick.
* The children call her Bluish because her veins show through her skin. Bluish brings a puppy to school.
* Bluish parks her wheelchair in front of the classroom door so the children have to look at her.
* Dreenie thinks about asking Bluish if she needs help to move but doesn't.
* Bluish rides a short bus to school which has a ramp for her wheelchair.
* Dreenie is writing a journal, not for the grade in school but to write about Bluish.
* Dreenie admires Bluish's puppy and her choice of hats.
* Dreenie and her younger sister, Willeva or Willie, are walking on Amsterdam Avenue in New York near the...
This section contains 1,728 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)