|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ellsworth do in response to Oceola's answer about moving in Chapter 3?
(a) She stops talking to Oceola.
(b) She convinces Oceola to move.
(c) She gives in to Oceola's answer.
(d) She continues to insist that Oceola move.
2. What passion does Mrs. Ellsworth think Oceola needs to remove from her life?
3. What is Mrs. Ellsworth's immediate determination for Oceola?
(a) To get her to charge rent.
(b) To release her from the artist/patron relationship.
(c) To get her into a new apartment in Harlem.
(d) To get her out of Harlem.
4. What is Mrs. Ellsworth's excuse for offering this service to Oceola?
(a) She wants to escort Oceola to Europe.
(b) She wants to become close friends.
(c) She wants to visit Atlanta with Oceola.
(d) She has never been to Harlem.
5. What does Oceola spend her days doing while under Mrs. Ellsworth's care in Chapter 4?
(a) Playing piano in Harlem all day long.
(b) Working in a restaurant.
(c) Practicing the piano, playing concerts, and reading about her art.
(d) Working as a seamstress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Oceola recognize Mrs. Ellsworth's reaction to the boarder?
2. What kind of wedding dress does Oceola want?
3. What did Oceola promise Pete?
4. What does Mrs. Ellsworth think of Oceola's marriage?
5. What best describes the beginning of the artist/patron relationship?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)