|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Oceola gone?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
2. Who does Mrs. Ellsworth ask to inquire about Oceola's private matters?
(a) Oceola's former teachers.
(b) Oceola's mother.
(c) Pete Williams.
(d) Mr. Hunter.
3. What worldwide event occurs while Oceola is away that affects everyone's finances?
(a) None of the choices listed.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
4. What is one of the elements that makes up Oceola's life?
(a) Getting things handed to her from patrons.
5. What is Mrs. Ellsworth's excuse for offering this service to Oceola?
(a) She wants to escort Oceola to Europe.
(b) She wants to become close friends.
(c) She has never been to Harlem.
(d) She wants to visit Atlanta with Oceola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oceola return after her long trip?
2. Where does Mrs. Ellsworth visit Oceola when Oceola is away from New York?
3. What are Mrs. Ellsworth's conclusions about Oceola and her boarder based on?
4. What best describes the beginning of the artist/patron relationship?
5. What could people no longer afford after a worldwide event that occurs during Chapter 4 while Oceola is abroad?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)