|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intrigues Mrs. Ellsworth about Oceola?
(a) Her vitality and exoticness.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her jazz music.
(d) Her weaknesses.
2. What event does Oceola attend when she returns from her long trip?
(a) A wedding.
(b) Mrs. Ellsworth's dinner party.
(c) Pete's graduation.
(d) A concert.
3. Where does Mrs. Ellsworth send Oceola?
(a) The American South.
4. What is the second element that makes up Oceola's life?
(b) Getting everything she wants.
5. What does Mrs. Ellsworth offer to Oceola the next day after their interview?
(a) To pay for her boarder's rent.
(b) To take her to Europe.
(c) To drive her home.
(d) To take her to Atlanta.
6. What could people no longer afford after a worldwide event that occurs during Chapter 4 while Oceola is abroad?
7. Who does the person who Mrs. Ellsworth asked to investigate Oceola's situation contact for information about Oceola?
(a) The boarder.
(b) A former teacher.
(c) A maid.
(d) The reverend.
8. Why does Oceola send this item to Pete towards the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Because he sent her a gift.
(b) So he can come home for Thanksgiving.
(c) Because Mrs. Ellsworth suggests this gift.
(d) He asked for it.
9. What does Mrs. Ellsworth believe is more powerful than romantic love?
(a) Nothing is more powerful than love.
10. What do artists that Oceola meets abroad think could change the world?
11. What worldwide event occurs while Oceola is away that affects everyone's finances?
(a) None of the choices listed.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
12. Who does Oceola write to about her engagement news?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Mrs. Ellsworth.
(d) Mr. Hunter.
13. How long will Mrs. Ellsworth be gone?
(a) For the summer.
(b) For the year.
(c) For a few weeks.
(d) For a few days.
14. How does Oceola feel about being engaged?
15. How did Oceola react to Mrs. Ellsworth's reaction to the boarder?
(a) She agreed with her.
(b) She fought about it.
(c) She dwelled on it.
(d) She shrugged it off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oceola play at the nightclubs?
2. What type of school will Pete attend?
3. What happens when Mrs. Ellsworth and Oceola arrive at Oceola's home?
4. What does Mrs. Ellsworth arrange for Oceola?
5. Who has Oceola met in the place she moved to in the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)