|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the beginning of the artist/patron relationship?
(a) Good chemistry.
(c) Quick friendship.
2. How does Mrs. Ellsworth feel about the time she spends with Oceola?
3. Why does Oceola send this item to Pete towards the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Because Mrs. Ellsworth suggests this gift.
(b) Because he sent her a gift.
(c) So he can come home for Thanksgiving.
(d) He asked for it.
4. Where will Mrs. Ellsworth be for the winter?
(a) The Berkshires.
5. What is the second element that makes up Oceola's life?
(d) Getting everything she wants.
6. How long will Mrs. Ellsworth be gone?
(a) For the year.
(b) For a few days.
(c) For a few weeks.
(d) For the summer.
7. What happens when Mrs. Ellsworth and Oceola arrive at Oceola's home?
(a) Mrs. Ellsworth gives her a housewarming gift.
(b) Mrs. Ellsworth invites herself inside.
(c) Mrs. Ellsworth praises the home.
(d) Mrs. Ellsworth says goodbye and leaves.
8. Who does Oceola write to about her engagement news?
(a) Mr. Hunter.
(b) Mrs. Ellsworth.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her mother.
9. What does Oceola play at the nightclubs?
(a) Blues music.
(b) Country music.
(c) Classical music.
(d) She doesn't play there.
10. What does Mrs. Ellsworth do at Oceola's home?
(a) Investigates the apartment.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Cooks dinner.
(d) Makes tea.
11. Who is Oceola engaged to?
(a) Mrs. Ellsworth's son.
(b) A man she met in Europe.
(d) Mr. Hunter.
12. What best describes the way art didn't play a role in Oceola's life?
(a) Art as a complement to her life.
(c) Only one part of her life.
13. What does Mrs. Ellsworth believe is more powerful than romantic love?
(b) Nothing is more powerful than love.
14. What event does Oceola attend when she returns from her long trip?
(a) Pete's graduation.
(b) A concert.
(c) Mrs. Ellsworth's dinner party.
(d) A wedding.
15. Where does this investigator's source know Oceola from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Oceola moved at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Where does Mrs. Ellsworth go at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Mrs. Ellsworth believes that one _______ can be substituted for another. (Fill in the blank)
4. Who decides not to attend the wedding?
5. Where is the school that Pete will attend?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)