|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oceola receive Mrs. Ellsworth's help?
(a) With resistance.
(b) With anger.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With enthusiasm.
2. Who else is at the meeting that Oceola has with Mrs. Ellsworth?
(a) Oceola's mother.
(b) Mr. Hunter.
(c) No one else.
3. How does Mrs. Ellsworth receive the news of Oceola keeping a boarder?
(a) With understanding.
(b) With anger.
(c) With surprise.
(d) With a neutral reaction.
4. How does Mrs. Ellsworth support artists who create beauty?
(a) She gives them only moral support.
(b) She refers them to patrons.
(c) She does not support artists.
(d) She gives them money.
5. What happened after Oceola and her mother moved the second time after the death in their family?
(a) Her mother died.
(b) Her mother lost her job.
(c) Oceola lost her jobs.
(d) Oceola became sick.
6. What service does Mrs. Ellsworth insist on providing for Oceola?
(a) Having her move into her house.
(b) Providing a teacher for Oceola.
(c) Providing an instrument other than the piano for Oceola to play.
(d) Revoking her offer to Oceola.
7. Why does Oceola share with Mrs. Ellsworth?
(a) She wants to put out all the facts.
(b) She wants to be closer to her.
(c) It is a requirement for her job.
(d) Mrs. Ellsworth requested this.
8. How does Mrs. Ellsworth feel about her decision concerning Oceola?
(a) She is unsure.
(b) She feels she made the wrong decision.
(c) She is confident.
(d) She is wary.
9. What book does Mrs. Ellsworth get?
(a) Great Expectations.
(b) Nigger Moon.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
10. What is the occupation of Oceola's boarder?
(a) Medical student.
(b) Factory worker.
(d) No occupation.
11. What does Oceola think of Mrs. Ellsworth's interest?
(a) It is normal.
(b) It is peculiar.
(c) It is not enough.
(d) It is sweet.
12. How did the person who recommends Oceola meet her?
(a) The person saw her at a church concert.
(b) The person saw her at the university.
(c) The person saw her at a party.
(d) The person saw her in Paris.
13. Who did Oceola receive piano lessons from as she grew up?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) An elderly man.
(c) Mrs. Ellsworth.
(d) Mr. Hunter.
14. Where did Oceola and her mother move after the death in their family?
(d) St. Louis.
15. What is Oceola's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oceola do for a living?
2. What is Mrs. Ellsworth's marital status?
3. Who sets up the appointment for Oceola to meet Mrs. Ellsworth?
4. What did Oceola's mother do for a living?
5. What happens to the soprano that Mrs. Ellsworth had a complaint about?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)