1. Which two characters are introduced first?
Oceola and Mrs. Ellsworth.
2. What time period does "The Blues I'm Playing" take place in?
3. What point of view is the first section of "The Blues I'm Playing" written in?
4. What does Oceola do for a living?
5. What is Oceola's last name?
6. Where does Oceola live at the opening of the story?
7. What kind of home does Oceola have?
A small apartment.
8. Where is Left Bank?
9. Where does Mrs. Ellsworth live?
New York City.
10. What is Mrs. Ellsworth's marital status?
11. What is Mrs. Ellsworth's financial status?
This section contains 3,709 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)