|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Ellsworth want to provide specific things for Oceola?
(a) To make her life easier.
(b) Simply to make Oceola happy.
(c) So she can devote time only to her music.
(d) She wants her to be her friend.
2. How did Oceola first learn to play piano?
(a) Mrs. Ellsworth taught her.
(b) In school.
(c) By ear.
(d) Formal lessons.
3. What does Mrs. Ellsworth think of Oceola's piano playing during their first meeting?
(a) She feels she has made the wrong decision.
(b) She is very impressed.
(c) She thinks it is average.
(d) She is disappointed.
4. What does Mrs. Ellsworth buy for Oceola?
(a) A violin.
(b) A cello.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A grand piano.
5. What happens when Mrs. Ellsworth and Oceola arrive at Oceola's home?
(a) Mrs. Ellsworth invites herself inside.
(b) Mrs. Ellsworth gives her a housewarming gift.
(c) Mrs. Ellsworth says goodbye and leaves.
(d) Mrs. Ellsworth praises the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ellsworth think of jazz?
2. Where does Mrs. Ellsworth visit Oceola when Oceola is away from New York?
3. Where does Oceola return after her long trip?
4. How does Mrs. Ellsworth speak about Oceola to her dressmaker?
5. What does Oceola receive when she attends the event after she returns from her long trip?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)