|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Mrs. Ellsworth get?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) Nigger Moon.
2. What does Mrs. Ellsworth buy for Oceola?
(a) A cello.
(b) A grand piano.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A violin.
3. What is Mrs. Ellsworth's immediate determination for Oceola?
(a) To get her into a new apartment in Harlem.
(b) To get her out of Harlem.
(c) To get her to charge rent.
(d) To release her from the artist/patron relationship.
4. What did Oceola's mother do in the new city?
(a) Play at university.
(b) Play for a movie house.
(c) She was unemployed.
5. What was the financial situation for Oceola's family?
(a) Above average.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Ellsworth and Oceola arrive at Oceola's home?
2. Why does Mrs. Ellsworth want to provide specific things for Oceola?
3. Who did the Oceola's family travel with when Oceola was young?
4. What best describes the way art didn't play a role in Oceola's life?
5. What does Mrs. Ellsworth think is happening to Oceola regarding the boarder?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)