|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are introduced first?
(a) Mr. Hunter and Mrs.Ellsworth.
(b) Oceola and Mrs. Ellsworth.
(c) Oceola and Mr. Hunter.
(d) Oceola and Pete.
2. Who had a band in Oceola's family?
3. What is Mrs. Ellsworth's first presumption that leads to her conclusion about Oceola and the boarder?
(a) Oceola is a woman, so she is being taken advantage of.
(b) Oceola is strong, so she is taking advantage of her boarder.
(c) Oceola is strong, so she can't be taken advantage of.
(d) Oceola does not need anyone's help.
4. What best describes the part that art played in Oceola's life?
(c) Her whole life.
5. What activity does Mrs. Ellsworth disapprove of most that Oceola did?
(a) Taught piano.
(b) Played for dances and house parties.
(c) Played for a church choir.
(d) All of the choices listed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Oceola born?
2. What did Oceola do in the new city?
3. Where does Oceola live at the opening of the story?
4. What did Mrs. Ellsworth decide to make her business in regards to Oceola?
5. What did Oceola promise Pete?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)