|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Oceola live at the opening of the story?
(c) Left Bank.
(d) Right Bank.
2. How did the person who recommends Oceola meet her?
(a) The person saw her in Paris.
(b) The person saw her at a party.
(c) The person saw her at the university.
(d) The person saw her at a church concert.
3. What service does Mrs. Ellsworth insist on providing for Oceola?
(a) Revoking her offer to Oceola.
(b) Providing a teacher for Oceola.
(c) Providing an instrument other than the piano for Oceola to play.
(d) Having her move into her house.
4. Where is Left Bank?
(b) New York City.
5. What happens to the soprano that Mrs. Ellsworth had a complaint about?
(a) She is trashed by NY critics.
(b) She marries and forgots about music.
(c) She becomes popular with NY critics.
(d) She gives up music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Mrs. Ellsworth insist on doing for Oceola?
2. What does Oceola do for a living?
3. What does Mrs. Ellsworth buy for Oceola?
4. How many children does Mrs. Ellsworth have?
5. What does Mrs. Ellsworth rely on to choose protegees?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)