|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Oceola attend?
(a) Georgia Tech.
(b) New York University.
(c) Wilberforce College.
(d) Harlem College.
2. What is the purpose of the service(s) that Mrs. Ellsworth insists on providing for Oceola?
(a) Refine her playing.
(b) Simply to make Oceola happy.
(c) Make Oceola's life easier.
(d) None of the above.
3. How does Mrs. Ellsworth receive the news of Oceola keeping a boarder?
(a) With understanding.
(b) With a neutral reaction.
(c) With anger.
(d) With surprise.
4. What does Mrs. Ellsworth think is happening to Oceola regarding the boarder?
(a) She is taking advantage of the boarder.
(b) She is doing the right thing.
(c) She charges too much for rent.
(d) She is being taken advantage of.
5. What instrument(s) did Oceola's mother play?
(b) Organ and Piano.
(c) She played no instrument.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Ellsworth feel about her decision concerning Oceola?
2. What point of view is the first section of "The Blues I'm Playing" written in?
3. What is Mrs. Ellsworth's second presumption that leads to her conclusion about Oceola and the boarder?
4. What best describes the beginning of the artist/patron relationship?
5. What worldwide event occurs while Oceola is away that affects everyone's finances?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)